Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is a carvery?

Comments

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    seth plum said:
    The club emailed me today promoting a Father’s Day ‘carvery’.
    I don’t know what that even is.
    Would have been quicker to search the word carvery and read your own previous posts…

What triggered you to search for a carvery thread on CL?
    I wouldn’t say I was triggered but this nonsense thread popped up and I was sure it’s all been covered before on threads about the Father’s Day carvery’s and after simply searching the word carvery his comment on a thread about Father’s Day carvery popped up.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    seth plum said:
    Would have been quicker to search the word carvery and read your own previous posts…

I wouldn’t say I was triggered but this nonsense thread popped up and I was sure it’s all been covered before on threads about the Father’s Day carvery’s and after simply searching the word carvery his comment on a thread about Father’s Day carvery popped up.
    Fair enough, i thought perhaps you were trying to catch SethPlum out.

There's a grim element of bullying that's ripe on CL. Some old fuckers behave like they are in primary school.
  • Options
    edited April 26
    seth plum said:
    Playground stuff. You’re like 70 aren’t you?
    Are you asking me?
    Or yourself, or everybody?
    I’m asking you.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Are you asking me?
    I’m asking you.
    How gracious. (Though your insult is now removed as I write this reply).

You talk of playgrounds, so if one of the class bullies comes on here and attacks me, as in inane, repetitive, attention seeking and ‘wired’’ my choice is to fight back rather than defer.

I notice you made a quick edit of your post, are you struggling to have the courage of your convictions now?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    seth plum said:

There's a grim element of bullying that's ripe on CL. Some old fuckers behave like they are in primary school.
    So why did you try and pull me up on my post (which did point out that this thread is just him fishing) rather than one of the bullies you speak of?
  • Options
    edited April 26
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Are you asking me?
    I’m asking you.

You talk of playgrounds, so if one of the class bullies comes on here and attacks me, as in inane, repetitive, attention seeking and ‘wired’’ my choice is to fight back rather than defer.

I notice you made a quick edit of your post, are you struggling to have the courage of your convictions now?
    You're definitely a wind up merchant at times. Did you think we would believe you actually forget what a carvery is, or is your memory genuinely failing you? 

Either way, this has been an entertaining and cringeworthy thread so thanks for creating it. 

Edited just to gaslight as I am a big bully. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    seth plum said:

So why did you try and pull me up on my post (which did point out that this thread is just him fishing) rather than one of the bullies you speak of?
    He's got beef with you, although I wouldn't put him down as a gammon. The whole thread is a bit of a turkey.
    We’ll have to meat up at Makros to settle it then 
    Spuds up
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    seth plum said:

I agree with you it's a nonsense thread.
  • Options
    Plenty of threads get derailed by the same poster.
    Not sure what he gets out of it tbh.
    Sad really. 
  • Options
    What an absolute sad act. 
  • Options
    Start some shit with a fishing post, rile the people who get riled, get into a fight and complain you're being attacked unfairly. Has Seth been Lyle Taylor this whole time?
    I have not complained that I am being attacked unfairly. I have said that I will stand up for myself when being attacked.
  • Options
    Plenty of threads get derailed by the same poster.
    Not sure what he gets out of it tbh.
    Sad really. 
    On a technical point how can someone derail a thread they started?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Are you asking me?
    I’m asking you.

It’s called not giving you what you want. 

You have a really strange fetish of trying to be centre of attention and wind people up whilst doing it.

Not even sure how you haven’t been banned tbh.
    If people feel wound up about the content of my posts they can complain or counter the points made. It is called playing the ball not the man.
    If you like you can quote every post I have made attacking or winding up an individual person on Charlton Life.
    Good luck with that.

• Options
    Seth, can you not see the paradox in starting a thread asking what is a carvery, when you have previously engaged in a thread about carveries ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I must say the last 'carvery' I had was rather disappointing, the worst I've ever had. The meat was slices of turkey like you'd buy from the deli to put in your sandwiches for lunch, and although the gravy was different, it was a bit too thin. I could only rate it 2/10 as the veggies weren't just al dente, they were all but raw and cold, although the cauliflower cheese wasn't too bad. I don't give Yorkshire's plate space (I put them on the side). Needles to say I won't be going back there and said everything was fine. 
  • Options
    Strange, strange man, but every club has them and he is our strange man.
  • Options
    edited April 26
    I understand why @seth plum may get under peoples skin, if it bothers you ignore it, it's simple.

Some people have no restraint, singling people out and name calling is just as bad.
  • Options
    edited April 26
    MrOneLung said:
    Seth, can you not see the paradox in starting a thread asking what is a carvery, when you have previously engaged in a thread about carveries ?
    Yes, that is paradoxical.
    I wish I had remembered the thread from 2016.
  • Options
    I haven't actually been in one as far as I remember.
    I have been to a Harvester if that's the same thing?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Are you asking me?
    I’m asking you.

It’s called not giving you what you want. 

You have a really strange fetish of trying to be centre of attention and wind people up whilst doing it.

Not even sure how you haven’t been banned tbh.
    If people feel wound up about the content of my posts they can complain or counter the points made. It is called playing the ball not the man.
    If you like you can quote every post I have made attacking or winding up an individual person on Charlton Life.
    Good luck with that, especially you @Macronate, you tosser.

• Options
    Well that killed 10 minutes. Thanks guys