Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    edited May 19
    https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5413136/2024/05/03/nnamdi-ofoborh-heart-swelling-stopped-playing/?source=user_shared_article

Had to stop playing on doctor’s advice to let his heart heal - it didn’t heal as expected on its own so they fixed it surgically instead about a year ago and he hasn’t had any heart problems since.

He has a defib in his chest as a back up just incase. Eriksen and Blind are two examples of footballers at an elite level who can still perform despite dealing with the same.

He could be extremely undervalued right now for exactly those reasons.
  • Options
    See Theo Bair missed a penalty for Motherwell today.
    Head been turned by move to Oxford.
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    If we are really in the hunt for a big physical striker there is a lad called Stockley who may be available now Fleetwood have gone down.
    I think I’d hand back my season ticket if we re-signed him. Pre injury, or not pre injury. 
    Nearly threw up at the thought it. If he wasn't 8ft 10, he'd struggle to get into most pub teams. 
    Always felt he'd make a decent centre back.
  • Options
    sm said:
    arny23394 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    If we are really in the hunt for a big physical striker there is a lad called Stockley who may be available now Fleetwood have gone down.
    I think I’d hand back my season ticket if we re-signed him. Pre injury, or not pre injury. 
    Nearly threw up at the thought it. If he wasn't 8ft 10, he'd struggle to get into most pub teams. 
    Always felt he'd make a decent centre back.
    Apart from having a top acceleration just  
    under that achieved by a wounded snail over gravel, and the turning circle of a super tanker i make you right. 
  • Options
    nagAddick said:
    Joe Wildsmith and Conor Hourihane among a few who have been released by Derby. Would both be good options.
    Where did you hear that rumour?
    Both confirmed released.
    Hourihane started his career at Barnsley and is currently coaching there In the youth system, id be very surprised to see him go anywhere else but there this summer.
  • Options
    People saying Bauer was out of contract at PNE, transpires he has another year left but has been made available for transfer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 20
    First signing or two are going to be interesting clues as to our window I guess.  Really no idea of we will go for it or not, absolutely no expectations either way which is unusual.
    With the end to their seasons that Millwall and Palace have mustered it really has bought home to me how awful we have become and how far left behind we get as each season passes.
    I've 'liked' that on first glance, then thought about it a bit more. I don't like that whatsoever. I merely agree. Can't we have an 'agree' tab for anything involving 'their' success.
  • Options
    edited May 20
    First signing or two are going to be interesting clues as to our window I guess.  Really no idea of we will go for it or not, absolutely no expectations either way which is unusual.
    With the end to their seasons that Millwall and Palace have mustered it really has bought home to me how awful we have become and how far left behind we get as each season passes.
    I've 'liked' that on first glance, then thought about it a bit more. I don't like that whatsoever. I merely agree. Can't we have an 'agree' tab for anything involving 'their' success.
    maybe a “mustard” tab, German, english and wasabi depending on how much of the post you agree with?
  • Options
    I see Millwall have released Abdul Abdulmalik….thst really surprises me because whenever I’ve seen him he’s looked excellent.
    he was very highly thought of a while back.
    short and stocky but extremely strong and a traction engine of a shot 
  • Options
    Rotherham have signed 3 players already 
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    doronron said:
    Carlisle did the same last season and plenty on here weren’t happy we hadn’t done the same. Didn’t work out too well for them. 
    Thought that was in the January window as it was just after their takeover had completed.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I see Millwall have released Abdul Abdulmalik….thst really surprises me because whenever I’ve seen him he’s looked excellent.
    Sign him up
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Sign him up
    Takes you back to the good old days, when we seemed to sign a lot of Millwall rejects like Harry Cripps and Phil Walker.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    TelMc32 said:
    doronron said:
    Carlisle did the same last season and plenty on here weren’t happy we hadn’t done the same. Didn’t work out too well for them. 
    That was January. Pompey on the other hand made a lot of early signings last summer and won the league.
    Shows how much I cared about last season…all the months and gripes on here just merged into one for me! 🤷🏻‍♂️😏
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    doronron said:
    JCH, Joe Rafferty and Shaun McWilliams are all experienced players who have played to a higher level than our squad last season. Rotherham making good early moves, unsurprisingly with Evans in charge
  • Options
    Sambcafc said:
    TelMc32 said:
    doronron said:
    JCH, Joe Rafferty and Shaun McWilliams are all experienced players who have played to a higher level than our squad last season. Rotherham making good early moves, unsurprisingly with Evans in charge
    Money Envelope GIFs - Find  Share on GIPHY
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Scoham said:
    TelMc32 said:
    doronron said:
    That was January. Pompey on the other hand made a lot of early signings last summer and won the league.
    Shows how much I cared about last season…all the months and gripes on here just merged into one for me! 🤷🏻‍♂️😏
    It’s the games that do that for me!
  • Options
    Sambcafc said:
    TelMc32 said:
    doronron said:
    All decent league one signings, but none that I'm disappointed we didn't get. 

Not a dig at you but I read a lot of similar comments last summer about the Pompey business, along the lines of them going so early they were mopping up average players and not waiting for the better ones than apparently appear later in the window.

Yeah I get that point, I guess it will all come down to who we manage to bring in. I would hope we are aiming slightly higher than those three.

JCH - very decent at this level in the past but seems to be on a downward trajectory and certainly wouldn't fit our style under NJ.

Rafferty - again good player at this level but entering his 30's and only played as much as he did last season due to injuries, probably an improvement on what we currently have at CB but that isn't hard.

Mcwilliams - good defensive midfielder, would have added bite to our midfield but if he was to replace Dobbo in the 8 role (where NJ was playing him) he isn't good enough going forward. Would have been a decent signing if we didn't have Coventry in the 6.