Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• MarcusH26 said:
    Dale Taylor?

Good player , would be surprised if he was available this early in the window but Scott would know him from Forest 

Is he? Can't say I remember him from the Wycombe game and his stats are fairly poor. Doesn't seem to create anything and only scored 5 in 34 starts+ 8 sub appearances.
  • Dale Taylor?
    Name I heard mentioned but it was felt we'd be very fortunate to get him in league 1.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Dale Taylor?

Good player , would be surprised if he was available this early in the window but Scott would know him from Forest 
    Agree good player but his development slowed a bit last season, and Northern Ireland dropped him back down to the U21's.
  • Ferryman said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Dale Taylor?

Agree good player but his development slowed a bit last season, and Northern Ireland dropped him back down to the U21's.

Yeah I expected a bit more after the Burton loan. Probably another loan season in League 1 for him next season as I don't think he'll trouble the Forest squad. Would be a bit surprised after NJs comments on loan players. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    If we are looking to buy him, can't see us taking a loan.. Doesn't look like his loan this year was that great!

Heard we are not really in for project type of players, unless we can get gem on a free somewhere.. Looking at players that have experience and at a decent age! 

Yeah I was a bit surprised to see his name mentioned as I would be a bit surprised if we filled out our quota of loans this season , everything NJ has said sounds more like he wants permanent signings he can really build around. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    If we are looking to buy him, can't see us taking a loan.. Doesn't look like his loan this year was that great!

Heard we are not really in for project type of players, unless we can get gem on a free somewhere.. Looking at players that have experience and at a decent age! 

Yeah I was a bit surprised to see his name mentioned as I would be a bit surprised if we filled out our quota of loans this season , everything NJ has said sounds more like he wants permanent signings he can really build around. 
    If I had to take a wild guess, I’d say that NJ knows of more players like Small and Wickham out there that he could use the wages budget on rather than using it on other teams players here on loan.
  • edited May 17
    If we are really in the hunt for a big physical striker there is a lad called Stockley who may be available now Fleetwood have gone down.
    I think I’d hand back my season ticket if we re-signed him. Pre injury, or not pre injury. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

I'm sure that's what NJ wants but I would be astounded if we don't have at least 2 players on loan come September. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    If we are really in the hunt for a big physical striker there is a lad called Stockley who may be available now Fleetwood have gone down.
    I think I’d hand back my season ticket if we re-signed him. Pre injury, or not pre injury. 
    Nearly threw up at the thought it. If he wasn't 8ft 10, he'd struggle to get into most pub teams. 
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

I'm sure that's what NJ wants but I would be astounded if we don't have at least 2 players on loan come September. 
    NJ said there would be loans only if they would be good enough to be starters 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

We’d be mad not to utilise the loan system. Agree that it’s a false economy to fill your team and squad with them but one or two astute rather than youth punts for loans seems sensible to me.
  • DubaiCAFC said:

Not sure I totally buy that regarding “project type players”…especially considering Jones’ first signings were clearly Ramsey and Small, who would both fall into the project type players.

I think we will see a mix of players come in, some experience, plus some “projects”
  • MarcusH26 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Oh I'd expect a couple but they'll be every week starters. Could see a GK being one of them. Don't think we'll be filling the bench out with loans. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:

Not sure I totally buy that regarding “project type players”…especially considering Jones’ first signings were clearly Ramsey and Small, who would both fall into the project type players.

I think we will see a mix of players come in, some experience, plus some “projects”
    Maybe he thinks we have enough "project players" though. Small, Ramsay, Kanu, Campbell, Assiimwe, Leaburn, Anderson, Mitchell, Ness, Taylor are all young players who need lots of attention to develop. They need older heads around them
  • DubaiCAFC said:

Are Ramsey and Small project type players? For me those sort of signings would be someone who you wouldn’t expect to start, and might even spend some time playing games for the U21s etc

Both of those, although young, do not feel like that. I think Small will be our first choice LB next season, and although we have seen less of Ramsey I wouldn’t be shocked if he is the same. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:

Are Ramsey and Small project type players? For me those sort of signings would be someone who you wouldn’t expect to start, and might even spend some time playing games for the U21s etc

Both of those, although young, do not feel like that. I think Small will be our first choice LB next season, and although we have seen less of Ramsey I wouldn’t be shocked if he is the same. 
    Both are quite raw, both are not the finished articles. To suggest that Small at 19 isn’t a project player is a bit strange. 

You can sign a young player as a bit of a “project” and they still play a role in the first team XI
  • Jed Steer is out of contract at Peterborough. Was going to leave in Jan but stayed. Apparently they’ve offered another contract.
  • Dan Kemp released by MK dons. Not a physical player, but definitely creative. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Just dropping in to gloat at our potential signings and Addick superstars of our promotion winning 2024-25 side...

• Jed Steer wouldn't be third choice , it's just a question of him staying fit. Would have him on the list of keeper targets for sure 
  • edited May 17
    Dan Kemp released by MK dons. Not a physical player, but definitely creative. 
    He was in fantastic form for Swindon before he went back to MK Dons. 

Someone will be scooping up a very decent player on a free. Not sure if we will be interested, but he would offer more than any of our other midfielders goalwise probably 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

I think the point is it wouldn’t be a loan… does that change your opinion on him as an option
  • edited May 17
    MarcusH26 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

I think the point is it wouldn’t be a loan… does that change your opinion on him as an option
     Sorry Callum for getting the wrong end of the stick! If he's a permanent target then I think that definitely changes things for me. Would be more than happy with that as the 4th/5th senior option. Think NJ could get more out of him than Wycombe did.
  • edited May 17
    MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Sorry Callum for getting the wrong end of the stick! If he's a permanent target then I think that definitely changes things for me. Would be more than happy with that as the 4th/5th senior option. Think NJ could get more out of him than Wycombe did.
    I can see why the initial thought would be a loan - there was a lot of buzz around him two years or so ago. The impression I get from Forest people is that they don’t see him making an impact in the Premier League and they’re ready to move on.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

I can see why the initial thought would be a loan - there was a lot of buzz around him two years or so ago. The impression I get from Forest people is that they don’t see him making an impact in the Premier League and they’re ready to move on.

Definitely there was a buzz around him at Forest and when he went to Burton for the second half of 22/23 but he just hasn't kicked on. If the fee isn't too ridiculous then I'm all for taking the chance on him. 
  • Dan Kemp released by MK dons. Not a physical player, but definitely creative. 
    Sounds a bit like Jack Payne Mark2
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Jed Steer wouldn't be third choice , it's just a question of him staying fit. Would have him on the list of keeper targets for sure 
    He also played for Jones at Luton where he got quickly injured during a loan spell.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!