Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

•  https://the72.co.uk/2024/05/14/charlton-athletic-thierry-small-replacements-transfer/

Left back options should Thierry Small actually leave:

- Mackenzie Hunt (Everton)
    - Tom Pearce (unattached, released by Wigan)
    - Josh Edwards (Dunfermline)
    This is getting silly now. I hope someone at the club has a word with Small. Not sure what went wrong before (but potentially his head was turned by a bigger club) but I now have a funny feeling even the Madrid talk when at Everton could of very well been his agent pushing for a move or a new contract. 

I could be wrong and it’s Small wanting to move too but this seems too much being pushed out by the media and hopefully someone at the club could put an arm around him and discuss these antics by the agent… 

Let him focus for a year and then see where it takes him 

3k a week or 33k a week, money talks with players.
    I would comment in agreement but then id be worried some posters would think Thierry Small
  • Clarke Harris gone to Rotherham 
  •  https://the72.co.uk/2024/05/14/charlton-athletic-thierry-small-replacements-transfer/

This is getting silly now. I hope someone at the club has a word with Small. Not sure what went wrong before (but potentially his head was turned by a bigger club) but I now have a funny feeling even the Madrid talk when at Everton could of very well been his agent pushing for a move or a new contract. 

I could be wrong and it’s Small wanting to move too but this seems too much being pushed out by the media and hopefully someone at the club could put an arm around him and discuss these antics by the agent… 

Tom Pearce would be ok but I’m worried we might also end up with Bill Brewer, Jan Stewer, Peter Gurney, Peter Davy, Daniel, Whiddon, Harry Hawke as well. And as for Tom Cobbly, his legs have gone.
    That is very funny. 😂

Tom Pearce would be ok but I’m worried we might also end up with Bill Brewer, Jan Stewer, Peter Gurney, Peter Davy, Daniel, Whiddon, Harry Hawke as well. And as for Tom Cobbly, his legs have gone.
    ...Don't forget Slack Alice...🙄
    Surprised they're willing to spend that big tbh. They'll be a problem next season but I'm not upset we haven't signed him. 
    Was always bound to head back up north somewhere. If he can get fit he will be a problem but looked past it this season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• A third division team has announced a signing so I’m giving it 3-4 days before people on here start getting restless.
    As JCH is a proven striker I was going to give it 3-4 hours.
    Can't say im too upset about missing out TBH
    I think we’re in a position where we have May so not overly bothered, but that being said he is a good player at the level and scores more goals than most others. 
    I think we’re in a position where we have May so not overly bothered, but that being said he is a good player at the level and scores more goals than most others. 
    Also JCH and May would probably work very well together, although both goalscorers they are very different strikers
  • edited May 15
    Sick to the back teeth of seeing the initials JCH, Déjà Vu or what...is there life after JCH...🙄
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Clarke Harris gone to Rotherham 
    Also JCH and May would probably work very well together, although both goalscorers they are very different strikers
    Not sure JCH would help May much. He’d score goals, but I think Jones will want a lot more from his strikers

We’ve got a goalscorer, what we need is someone who will hold the ball up, run the channels, press from the front and chip in with a decent amount of goals. Leaburn is that profile but we could do with another, Theo Bair also fits but think he might end up in the championship 
  • Someone similar in profile to Leaburn would be ideal, then if Miles stays fit and is in double figures by January thus earning a move elsewhere, we aren't scrabbling around for a replacement in the often chaotic January window. 
  • NabySarr said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Not sure JCH would help May much. He’d score goals, but I think Jones will want a lot more from his strikers

We’ve got a goalscorer, what we need is someone who will hold the ball up, run the channels, press from the front and chip in with a decent amount of goals. Leaburn is that profile but we could do with another, Theo Bair also fits but think he might end up in the championship 
    Probably a good signing for the way Evans likes his team to play, but JCH is a lazy striker (not my opinion but Peterborough supporters I asked at their ground when we were in for him) so doesn't fit NJs style of play.
  • Wonder if JCH is better off with his Rotherham deal than he would have been signing for us in Jan.  Can't say I am too worried about missing out on him although it suggests Rotherham have some £ as he won't have been cheap.
  • Sark99 said:
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/millwall-defenders-future-set-to-come-under-the-spotlight/

Doesn’t sound like Harris is desperate to keep him. They’ve already had a bid accepted for another centre back from Spurs. Big part of Lincoln’s defensive record last season. Loved at most clubs he’s been at. Young and will continue to grow and improve. We already have his brother at the club. Can’t think of a reason to not try bringing him in. 
    Surely the wrong Mitchell, Billy Mitchell is the brother of our Zach Mitchell
    Are they not all brothers? I thought Billy, Alex and Zach were all brothers. My mistake if not. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Mansfield sign Lee Gregory from Sheff Wed
  • edited May 15
    I wouldn't put JCH ahead of May, Leaburn or Aneke (when fit) and even then it would be questionable whether he'd be more productive than Kanu. A year ago i'd have taken JCH even in January wouldn't have opposed seeing him come but think he's on a downward curve now. As i've said in other posts players who were good 2 seasons ago and then for one reason or another don't do the next season, not many get back to how they were, guess we'll see if JCH can recapture previous form but think we don't need that gamble and can do better signing someone just off the back off a good season instead.
  • JCH, Sam Nombe, Tom Eaves and Jordan Hugill is certainly a big physical group of strikers for Evans. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    JCH, Sam Nombe, Tom Eaves and Jordan Hugill is certainly a big physical group of strikers for Evans. 
    Outside of JCH that's a dreamy strike force of 1 season wonders :D
  • https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ipswich-town-take-action-over-out-of-contract-player/

Ipswich take up their year option on Walton.  May still leave but would cost a few now.
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Think JCH would be a bit like a higher Xg Ladapo, thought he was going to be a bit of a unit and good the ball up well for May to play off. Unfortunately, Ladapo didn't seem very interested and apparently JCH was even less interested in putting a Nathan Jones style shift in. 
  • edited May 15
    If we are really in the hunt for a big physical striker there is a lad called Stockley who may be available now Fleetwood have gone down.
  • If we are really in the hunt for a big physical striker there is a lad called Stockley who may be available now Fleetwood have gone down.
    Think we are looking for more mobility, got to be more of an all-rounder that’s big and strong but can also do the running 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!