Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• There was a lot of talk about Luke Berry earlier on this month. Has anything happened with that? 
  • There was a lot of talk about Luke Berry earlier on this month. Has anything happened with that? 
    Prem season still ongoing...
  • ButtleJR said:
    There was a lot of talk about Luke Berry earlier on this month. Has anything happened with that? 
    Ahh yeah, I’ve seen some Luton fans online saying how they want him to stay for the champ. Wasn’t sure if he had signed a new contract or something 
  • ButtleJR said:
    There was a lot of talk about Luke Berry earlier on this month. Has anything happened with that? 
    So he’ll be a red on Monday?
  • LTKapal said:
    Bit harsh on Stockley really he was fine pre injury 
    Yeah im kidding pal tbh, I always thought we treated him pretty poorly. He wasn't great 2nd season but the style of football under Garner was NEVER going to suit him.
  • Not a rumour, but could we get Franco Umeh from Palace? Bearing in mind the success that Jes Rak-Sakyi had with us.
  • Radostanradical said:
    LTKapal said:
    Yeah im kidding pal tbh, I always thought we treated him pretty poorly. He wasn't great 2nd season but the style of football under Garner was NEVER going to suit him.

I'm not singing his praises don't get me wrong, he was an average L1 striker and we should be doing better but he was ok ( when he wasn't throwing his arms around complaining about something), this isn't so much aimed at you but people saying he can't play football when there are people like Omar Bogle in recent memory is a bit odd 
  • LTKapal said:
    Radostanradical said:
    LTKapal said:

I'm not singing his praises don't get me wrong, he was an average L1 striker and we should be doing better but he was ok ( when he wasn't throwing his arms around complaining about something), this isn't so much aimed at you but people saying he can't play football when there are people like Omar Bogle in recent memory is a bit odd 
    Bogle was a much better footballer than him though? He had a first touch for a start 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 16
    LTKapal said:
    I seem to remember bogles only ability was falling over the ball personally but he was an example, I can provide plenty more. Again I'm not saying Stockley was good but if you think of poor players for us over the last 10 years he doesn't even enter the conversation.
    We certainly missed Stockley when defending corners. 
  • Leuth said:
    LTKapal said:
    Radostanradical said:
    LTKapal said:

Bogle was a much better footballer than him though? He had a first touch for a start 
    Stockley was a more effective League 1 striker despite his lack of pace and limitations on the ball.
  • edited May 16
    No-one's really serious about Stockers & Bogle...are they...

• https://anfieldwatch.co.uk/liverpool-transfers-joe-gomez-open-to-exit-this-summer/

Usual Gomez to leave Liverpool this year article.  No idea who "Anfield Watch" are.  Would like to return to London.  I guess if that was the case maybe Spurs would be the obvious...?

Maybe £25M, With us at c 20% of amount over £3.5M... would give us c £4.3M cash..

Get that and we could afford Bogle and Stockley with enough spare for Kaikai. 🙄

Don't forget doodoo
  • https://anfieldwatch.co.uk/liverpool-transfers-joe-gomez-open-to-exit-this-summer/

Usual Gomez to leave Liverpool this year article.  No idea who "Anfield Watch" are.  Would like to return to London.  I guess if that was the case maybe Spurs would be the obvious...?

Maybe £25M, With us at c 20% of amount over £3.5M... would give us c £4.3M cash..

Pretty sure we cashed in any sell on clauses we had for players a few years ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• LTKapal said:
    I seem to remember bogles only ability was falling over the ball personally but he was an example, I can provide plenty more. Again I'm not saying Stockley was good but if you think of poor players for us over the last 10 years he doesn't even enter the conversation.
    I would argue that few players down the years have fucked us over, single-handed, as comprehensively as Stockley did in 22/23
  • Leuth said:
    LTKapal said:
    I would argue that few players down the years have fucked us over, single-handed, as comprehensively as Stockley did in 22/23
    The Snake! 
  • edited May 16
    Leuth said:
    LTKapal said:
    I agree, but I could definitely think of a few more options... ;) 
  • Chunes said:
    Leuth said:
    LTKapal said:
    I agree, but I could definitely think of a few more options... ;) 
    There's a lot of dishonourable group efforts (21/22 being maybe the worst for having a gang of 4 or 5 of them who just murdered us) but so much of our 22/23 ineptitude was Stockley (and lack of a credible alternative to him)
  • Leuth said:
    LTKapal said:
    Sorry, not  to derail the Thread, just trying to understand your position. When you say fuck over do you mean in regards to play style or? I don't believe that's the case on a personal level/financial level so again trying to understand where you're coming from.
  • LTKapal said:
    Leuth said:
    LTKapal said:
    Sorry, not  to derail the Thread, just trying to understand your position. When you say fuck over do you mean in regards to play style or? I don't believe that's the case on a personal level/financial level so again trying to understand where you're coming from.
    I mean on the field
  • Scoham said:
    https://anfieldwatch.co.uk/liverpool-transfers-joe-gomez-open-to-exit-this-summer/

Pretty sure we cashed in any sell on clauses we had for players a few years ago.
    There were rumours about that around the time ESI were here, but Cawley confirmed we still had them just before TS bought the club.

That was nearly 4 years ago now but I don’t remember much talk of it since.

Fair enough 
  • edited May 16
    LTKapal said:
    https://anfieldwatch.co.uk/liverpool-transfers-joe-gomez-open-to-exit-this-summer/

Don't forget doodoo

He was just shite...

Edit:... Sorry, crap statement...😉
  • Dale Taylor?
  • Dale Taylor?

Good player , would be surprised if he was available this early in the window but Scott would know him from Forest 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!