Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leon McKENZIE about to sign!

edited August 2009 in General Charlton
According to Coventry local press. Got to be a good sign??

Good signing?

Comments

• Id be more excited if it was Steve Mckenzie
  • not sure of him as a player, especially with him coming back form an injury, but yep
    ' if this was to be true
    Say I'd give all the tea in china
    And maybe, all the tulips
    In amsterdam'
  • Leon and deon... got a ring to it...
  • >>The move will bring to an end McKenzie’s injury-plagued three-year spell with the Sky Blues Leon Mcenzie>>
  • "Injury plagued spell at the Sky Blues...." Mmm,sounds promising....
  • Ain't he ex palace?.. dad or uncle was a pro boxer? Never set the world alight just strong front man.
  • so the only two rumours are this Croydon Crock and Rhyl's best player - this probably answers Parky's musings as to 'knowing what market we're in'. Hope we don't sell anyone.
  • he is Duke and Wonston Mckenzie's and nephew

good signing if fit
  • Could just be a replacement for a Gillingham-bound Chris Dickson. Another body really.
  • At 5'11 is a cover for Deon, born in Croydon
  • Sponsored links:

• He rang a bell - thought he'd scored against us for Dagenham and Redbridge in the cup years ago, but don't see them on his stats. Looks like he manages 10-20 games per season, and scores in about 1 in 4.
  • Curbs was regularly linked with signing McKenzie while he was at Norwich.
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Curbs was regularly linked with signing McKenzie while he was at Norwich.

Don't remember Curbs ever being at Norwich?

;-)
  • If he's fit he sounds a decent signing. We can't really expect to get players like Drogba in our current league.....:o)
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]If he's fit he sounds a decent signing. We can't really expect to get players like Drogba in our current league.....:o)

I am sure that if he was asked to Leon could fall over a great deal and generally cheat and sulk his way through a game
  • Deon and Leon............sounds like a 80's comedy act
  • I think he is the perfect backup for Deon
  • [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Deon and Leon............sounds like a 80's comedy act

Well, Flanagan and Hales sounded like one from the 50s....
  • Sounds like Coventry are glad to get rid of him not only injury prone but a bit of a donkey
  • At least we know what market we're shopping at.

Car boot :o(
  • Sponsored links:

• WSSWSS
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]At least we know what market we're shopping at.

Car boot :o(
    Exactly, we should be signing out of contract players like Viduka, or maybe put in a bid for Frank Ribery.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite][quote aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0][cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]At least we know what market we're shopping at.

Car boot :o([/quote]
    Exactly, we should be signing out of contract players like Viduka, or maybe put in a bid for Frank Ribery.[/quote]

Still cant get over the fact we let Real outbid us for both Kaka and Ronaldo, a complete lack of ambition showed by the club
  • McKenzie could be a decent signing but i'm sure people are much more concerned about possible outgoings.
  • Ribery would do a job just behind Deon?
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]McKenzie could be a decent signing but i'm sure people are much more concerned about possible outgoings.

Just keep everything crossed that someone hurries up and pays serious dosh for Michael Turner - I'm hoping that will mean we can keep the current squad together.
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Ribery would do a job just behind Deon?

Yeah, but not sure he's as good as Shelvey...
  • Cant even get in the French team either. Do we need another Moo2?
  • great siging for a League 1 side, if we keep our current starting XI and our youngsters and can add a couple of this quality, then I'd be very bullish about our chances for an automatic spot.
  • wow i never thought i would see on here the words "Quality" used in a thread about us signing McKenzie. i would rather we sign Duke McKenzie at least if it went off on the pitch he might be able to get a few blows in.
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]He rang a bell - thought he'd scored against us for Dagenham and Redbridge in the cup years ago, but don't see them on his stats. Looks like he manages 10-20 games per season, and scores in about 1 in 4.

That was Junior McDougal I believe. What a name.

I'm sure McKenzie could do a job for us in this division.