Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thailand meet?

Guys,

Got a few days R&R as Eid is upon us from Sunday.

Decided to fly over to BKK for a few days, wondered if any of you are around for a few beers.

I get in sunday morning.

Nick

Comments

• Wrong place, wrong time. Still, the Asian contingent should meet at some point - how many Asian-based Lifers are there?
  • One of the ADU was over last week...shame about the timings...Have you contacted Pattaya and Colin? If not send a whisper or log onto the ADU Register sna send them a PM...it notifies them by email...good luck with the meet.
  • That was me and holy sh*t I'm still not recovered!
  • i live in thailand - but unfortunately work every hour god sends!
  • What's the weather expected to be like there in Late November / early December ? Thinking of a holiday
  • [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]What's the weather expected to be like there in Late November / early December ? Thinking of a holiday

The weather can vary a lot by region. In Pattaya, it will be fairly hot and dry in November.
  • Hot.....humid and 30C
  • 30C on a cold day! in bangkok its nearer 40 and last year there wasnt a drop of rain for about 3 or 4 months i seem to remember
  • April f**king hot
    july monsooooooooooooooooooooooooon (now thats rain)might last till October
    Nov ---Feb its ok
  • Weather is ok right now, not too much rain, nov/dec is the cool season, cloudless and beautiful but not too hot 25-30.

Lets get it on Addicks in Bangkok some time, can't do this one as have plans but most others.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]Wrong place, wrong time. Still, the Asian contingent should meet at some point - how many Asian-based Lifers are there?

am in Urumqi, NW China

Asia is defo a big place eh!!!

but yeah...good call.... air asia may make a congregation somewhere for some kind of wembley appearnace possible next year eh!!!

(actually...screw that - if we go to wembley, will just go to uk)
  • Blimey - this thread as flushed out a few of the dirty old knuckle shufflers who need to pay third world hookers to get laid.
  • I go back to Phuket on Sunday. In Bangkok for beers tonight but that's not a lot of use.

Agree, an Asian meet. Shame we can't tie it in with CAFC live on TV these days.
  • In HK at moment, returning tomorrow but will be back in asia a few times over next few months so would be good to tie it in with one of your meets.
  • [cite]Posted By: kentisblueandwhite[/cite]Blimey - this thread as flushed out a few of the dirty old knuckle shufflers who need to pay third world hookers to get laid.

Wow. Coming from a pikey whose furthest journey has been to push lucky heather in Rochester High St.

How's my driveway coming along?
  • listen knobless one if we wanted to pay a hooker we would see your mum/sister/gran------------------if we wanted to visit the third world we would go to Chatham . Shuffle off back to your horse and cart and make sure the red light is on in mums window.
  • A lot of mates have emigated to North Thialand, which is apparently 1000 miles from the beach. If I was to go there for 2 weeks would it be better to get them to come down south or is the north as good as they make out?

Purpose of holiday: To relax from the stress of work, so don't want to be bothered by lady boys, whores and drunken northern lads!
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]A lot of mates have emigated to North Thialand, which is apparently 1000 miles from the beach. If I was to go there for 2 weeks would it be better to get them to come down south or is the north as good as they make out?

Purpose of holiday: To relax from the stress of work, so don't want to be bothered by lady boys, whores and drunken northern lads!

I love the north of Thailand - scenic, laid-back and less hustle bustle. Chiang Mai is a nice city, although trips to Chiang Rai and Mae Hong Sorn are very worthwhile.
  • I found Chiang Mai a bit boring to be honest - Bangkok is the best city in the world by far in my opinion. People hate it here when they first get here cos of the heat and pollution but theres never a dull day - beer is cheap and everyone is friendly (except the tourist twats of course bragging about scoring hookers)
  • just spent a week on Koh samui, lovely island atmosphere, not as busy as Phuket or mainland places.
  • Sponsored links:

• How about heading over to HK for the Cricket 6s (Oct 31/Nov 1) or next year's Rugby 7s in Mar? Jonathon Trott, Tim Bresnan, Dimitri Mascarenhas & Graham Onions played in last year's winning England team.

I play in a hockey tournament in Bangkok 1st w/e of every December but unfortunately I have a feeling that work is going to get in the way this year.

Either way an Asian meet up sounds a cracking idea with BKK or Pattaya likely best picks given where we all live.
  • Thanks for coming back guys. Shame the timing is not better at the airport now.

I am sure I can make another trip later, normally visit singapore 3 times a year for biz anyway so I can pop over before or after.

Cheers
  • Just got back to Pattaya where i live , been away for a few days with err indoors, been to visit the bridge on the river Kwai/Kwae/ Kwia, it was spelt 3 different ways up there anyway it was worth visiting, after that we spent some time in Hua Hin, a very nice place.. But as i say just got back today sunday so maybe next time
    All_Thaid_up.
  • Colin in thailand....are you aka roy orbison? Aka michael caine here! How are you doing mate?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Cuff[/cite]Colin in thailand....are you aka roy orbison? Aka michael caine here! How are you doing mate?[/quote]

Err that's just gone straight over my head...sorry.
  • Ha ha....then you are not the person who I thought you might be! Apologies
  • This is probably a very stupid question, but just to make sure....

Is Bangkok the only airport in Thailand you can fly to? I should be going there from Nov 29 to Dec 15 so shouldn't miss anything too important at Charlton.
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]This is probably a very stupid question, but just to make sure....

Is Bangkok the only airport in Thailand you can fly to? I should be going there from Nov 29 to Dec 15 so shouldn't miss anything too important at Charlton.

Where are you flying in from...and where do you want to go to?

Phuket, Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai have international flights as far as I know, but being regional tend to be more expensive than Bangkok.

Bear in mind also that if you do fly into BKK that you'll be using the relatively new airport to the south of the city, not Don Muang.
  • Flying from London. I want to visit the southern islands before heading north to see my mates, apparently BKK to Chiang Mai is only £20 for a return.
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Flying from London. I want to visit the southern islands before heading north to see my mates, apparently BKK to Chiang Mai is only £20 for a return.

Might be wisest to fly into Phuket if you want to visit the Islands first, that'll probably cost a bit more, but save some time and hassle flying into BKK and then flying south.

BKK to Chiang Mai is pretty cheap to fly - and saves you a long trek on the coach/train (ie around 9/10 hours), but the sleeper train is worth considering, travel overnight, get a curry and some beer and a more relaxing way to travel. I doubt you'll get £20 return at Xmas time, but you never know...