Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FAO Ledge Knows

edited February 2007 in Match Day Travel
Saw your post earlier about travelling into London and out again for home games.

Not sure if you live near a tram station, but have you tried getting the tram to Elmers End, then the train from there to Lewisham and changing there for the train to Charlton? It sounds a bit long winded but I used to live on the Elmers End line (in Catford) and the train times used to work out well - definitely on the way back at least. The good thing is that now the DLR is at the Sham you can get this to/from Greenwich and pick up the trains on that line if the trains are late/fooked.

Lots of changes = more that could go wrong, but it might be worth a try? Also, check for engineering works - am sure the Sham - Charlton line wasn't working on Sat.

(I'm off now to study my well thumbed copy of "Trainspotters Monthly". There's a very good article in there about the rolling stock on the St Ives branch line this month!)
;o)

Comments

• My tram station is near mitcham way so would be quite a trek to elmers end to be honest.

Found my way saturday the best so far and we won 4-0
  • edited February 2007
    It's only a couple of stops past East Croydon though. Was just a thought.

Honestly, you try to do some people a favour ..................!
    ;o)

Edit: Just looked it up on National Rail Enquiries website (it's a slow day here). Elmers end to Charlton takes 30 mins on a Saturday apparently - so as long as the tram takes less than 45 you're laughing!
  • oh is it only 2 stops = i'll stand corrected

30 minutes to charlton that's the nuts.
  • What was that "cheers mate, I owe you a pint"???
    :o)
  • Don't do it, Ledge, it might be unlucky!
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Don't do it, Ledge, it might be unlucky!

What, buying me a pint?
    :o(
  • Well, he didn't do that last Sat either, did he?