Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

LCD TV Help

Anybody got any recommendations for a 32" under £600? just the tv itself, can't afford the home cinema jiggery-pokery at the moment.

cheers and no rush.

Comments

• MCS is an expert on LSD TV, les.
  • [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]Anybody got any recommendations for a 32" under £600? just the tv itself, can't afford the home cinema jiggery-pokery at the moment.

cheers and no rush.

no rush? spending £4 on a lcd tv magazine is pretty desperate to me :-)
  • Try this

Excellent telly, and cheap for HD
  • don't take KB's advice

he goes through TV's like I do trainers ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]MCS is an expert on LSD TV, les.

not sure i'd risk £6 on his advice, let alone £600! :o)
  • [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]MCS is an expert on LSD TV, les.

not sure i'd risk £6 on his advice, let alone £600! :o)

hey thats charmin that lol
  • edited February 2007
    try play,com, the 32" samsung at the top of the page £599, bought one before xmas with surround (sorry) its the dogs. I should of added, I can`t do a link : (
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Try this

Excellent telly, and cheap for HD

was gonna buy that last week off amazon for £200, it went up to £465 this week! :o(

and suz, it'll be worth it for your monday night soaps, believe me.
  • sorry mcs!

covered end, i love that samsung but was told unless you buy all the other gear the sound is pony.

the search continues......
  • edited February 2007
    les, its all about opinions, but even with surround turned off it sounds good to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• and suz, it'll be worth it for your monday night soaps, believe me.[/quote]

Liz from corrie, in HD now thats scarey
  • doesn't even bear thinking about to be honest.

blanches glasses will be mahooooosive
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]doesn't even bear thinking about to be honest.

blanches glasses will be mahooooosive

they look like ambulance windows, when they darken.
  • Avoid LG at all costs - EVERY store I went into told me to avoid LG.

When you find the TV you want, it's worth checking to see if John Lewis sell it. If so, get them to price match the competition (for Instance if you see it in Currys for £599.99) - The bonus of buying at John Lewis is that they throw in a FREE 5 year warranty. Seeing that Currys wanted to charge me £8.99 per month, it's well worth shopping around.

Found this deal on the web:
    http://www.digitaldirectuk.com/products_moreinfo3/index.asp?product_id=10710

Good specification, 2 HDMI inputs, fairly future proof!
  • Go into most Woolworths stores and in-store they have good deals.

The one in Bexleyheath has a good offer going, think it's an LCD 32", i'll have a butchers next time i'm in, into what make it is etc, after i've shifted one to another customer.

10-20% off of the sale price in Woolworths if you really want it, just let me know before-hand.
  • Check this out

The reviews are usually very good and although i've not bought a TV through it, i've bought loads of stuff this way.

Also worth looking at Richer sounds, may be not the latest model but they're out of date as soon as you get them anyway, and BDL's right, when you have decided what you want see if John Lews will pricematch, and get the free 5 year warrenty.
  • [cite]Posted By: stanmoreaddick[/cite]Check this out

The reviews are usually very good and although i've not bought a TV through it, i've bought loads of stuff this way.

Also worth looking at Richer sounds, may be not the latest model but they're out of date as soon as you get them anyway, and BDL's right, when you have decided what you want see if John Lews will pricematch, and get the free 5 year warrenty.

no no dont use richard sounds, its the worst place ever! awful after sales, infact the worse i have encountered! and the closest one is london bridge, or sevenoaks which are both missions!
  • [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]don't take KB's advice

he goes through TV's like I do trainers ;-)

Very true, although they're generally not as smelly when they do give up the ghost. In my defence the last few have been, 'Managers Specials', which usually mean they are the ones that are left on 24/7 for public appreciation so the shelf life after purchase is always going to be low.

Have now bought a brand spanking new LCD 32 HD and so far so good, although I'll keep quiet on praising it too highly till I've had it a year or so.
  • [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]Anybody got any recommendations for a 32" under £600? just the tv itself, can't afford the home cinema jiggery-pokery at the moment.

cheers and no rush.

dont waste your money on a 32 inch...go for something bigger and dont worry when your missus automatically says its too big...like other things they tend to fit nicely when you put them in place...
  • [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Avoid LG at all costs - EVERY store I went into told me to avoid LG.

When you find the TV you want, it's worth checking to see if John Lewis sell it. If so, get them to price match the competition (for Instance if you see it in Currys for £599.99) - The bonus of buying at John Lewis is that they throw in a FREE 5 year warranty. Seeing that Currys wanted to charge me £8.99 per month, it's well worth shopping around.

Found this deal on the web:
    http://www.digitaldirectuk.com/products_moreinfo3/index.asp?product_id=10710

Good specification, 2 HDMI inputs, fairly future proof!

thanks bdl, i've been weighing up the lg 32lcd2 and that very toshiba you mention ('what plasma/lcd?' mag says it's the nuts, and it's under £500) - and that's not the first time i've been warned off lg (like my phone it looks good but shite really).

do john lewis compete with web sellers, was in there yesterday and their prices were significantly higher?

cheers everyone for the advice.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]Anybody got any recommendations for a 32" under £600? just the tv itself, can't afford the home cinema jiggery-pokery at the moment.

cheers and no rush.

dont waste your money on a 32 inch...go for something bigger and dont worry when your missus automatically says its too big...like other things they tend to fit nicely when you put them in place...

wise words as ever, good times.......
  • John Lewis will pricematch online retailers, but only if they also have a bricks and mortar store.... ie PRCDirect are mainly online reatilers, but they also have a couple of stores. JL also have some rules saying the price must be clearly displayed on the shelf....

I managed to get £500 off my Sony LCD through a JL price match, and you still get a 5 year free warranty, which alone can be worth around £300....

Have a read of their policy here:

John Lewis
  • edited March 2007
    cheers medders,

reckon this qualifies?

Sound & Vision
  • [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]cheers medders,

reckon this qualifies?

Sound & Vision

Some people have got JL to match S&V... It's a long thread, but have a look at the last few pages of this:

JL
  • I bought a great Sony LCD 32V200 from John Lewis last year, £1400 normally just about everywhere but got it for £1050 on a price match .... I don't even know who with, just found the info an avforums!
  • look at woolworths website and dixons website, even Tescos ocassionally

I've heard Hitachi are pretty good
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]I bought a great Sony LCD 32V200 from John Lewis last year, £1400 normally just about everywhere but got it for £1050 on a price match .... I don't even know who with, just found the info an avforums!

Did the same SS, got a Sony 40W2000 from JL for £1500... it was priced up as £2000....
  • You'll be lucky to get a good one I think...
  • I've got a sharp aquos LCD tv (6months old) which up until saturday was great, until my 2 year old son hit the screen with a plastic skittle!

These TV's are not skittle proof! It'll cost more to repair it than it will to replace....gutted