Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Darren Ferguson has been sacked (maybe)

WSSWSS
edited November 2009 in Rumours
Just something floating around on Twitter from Palace's Mark Bright...

Comments

• Harsh.
  • WSSWSS
    edited November 2009
    If it's harsh sacking somebody who is sitting bottom of the league with only 11 points, imagine how harsh it would be sacking someone who is 2nd in their league.

;-)
  • If true, it is ridiculous.
  • What do Peterboro really expect ffs, they are the smallest side at that level and are doing well just to be there. If true I think thats diabolical, if no one else wants you Darren...................
  • he hasn't been given the chance to take them to 13 points below safety at the end of the season....
  • that is harsh in the extreme. He won't be out of the game long. God knows what they expect. Two successive promotions have them now punching above there weight. Some very decent players in Boyd, Mackell-Smith and that other striker whose name eludes me. Will be interesting to see who they replace him with.
  • Football has gone mad. I know their chairman is ambitious but Ferguson has led them to 2 consecutive promotions and they're competing at Championship level with a squad made up of lower league signings and top non league players. I think their record signing was about 4-500k on Joe Lewis who's a goalkeeper and they get crowds of about 8000. What does their chairman expect, premier league football?
  • Is the other striker Mclean? Didn't Barry Fry try to sell him to us for £4 million?
  • yep, that's it, McLean. Not worth 4m though !!
  • Sponsored links:

• No he's not. Very unlike Barry Fry to try and over sell something though!
  • Ferguson for Hull then?
  • edited November 2009
    or perhaps hull city have approached him.
    there were rumours in the press at the weekend that even if hull beat stoke, brown would be gone within a week.

edit; beat me by 10 secs red robin.
  • Parky to Peterbrough?
  • Phil Brown to us??!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]Phil Brown to us??!!

Only if he brings his mic and head set!
  • Welling has some good tanning shops, I am sure he would love it
  • Can get gravy browning a lot closer than Welling.
  • No way?!

If so, lets give him a call!
  • Curbs is being linked with The Posh job already!?
  • Sponsored links:

• Wait till,Darrens dad goes round there to sort them out!
  • [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]Phil Brown to us??!!

Christ! The players will spend every half-time in the centre circle. ;-)
  • Cordoban Addick wrote: ''Is the other striker Mclean? Didn't Barry Fry try to sell him to us for £4 million?''

Presumably that wasn't during Pardew's reign, else we would have bought him...
  • It was during Pardews reign, but i think by then he had blown all available funds.
  • edited November 2009
    There goes all their pre-season friendlies v Man Utd and Man Utd players coming in on loan.

You have to laugh both at the Peterboro board for showing so little faith or long term planning and some people on here.

Don't you know that when you are in the bottom three you have to sack the manager so you get the boost of a new manager coming in to keep you up. Fergie junior obviously OK at lower level but not up to CCC.

(that was sarcasm in case you didn't notice)
  • apparently fergusons assistant/coach who has done nothing for 18 months except hide in the background will be taking over as a caretaker manager and he will be judged on results
  • edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]apparently fergusons assistant/coach who has done nothing for 18 months except hide in the background will be taking over as a caretaker manager and he will be judged on results

LOL - bet he keeps them up as well : - )
  • His record In charge of Posh: Games - 145, Won - 73, Drawn - 32, Lost - 40, Win - 50.34%

Must have been other factors involved as he surely wouldn't get sacked with that record. 2 straight promotions and only signed a new 4 year contract in the summer.
  • [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]Phil Brown to us??!!

Christ! The players will spend every half-time in the centre circle. ;-)

Well, our players don't seem to spend much time in the opposition penalty area.

How many corners did we get on Sunday ....?