Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

3 points gained or 6 points lost

3 points from 3 games may not seem great but considering the quality of the opposition and playing with 9 men and so many injuries and suspensions i think it's 3 points gained in extremely difficult circumstances and it keeps our unbeaten run going so hopefully we can keep the run going and make the play offs at least

Comments

• the teams we played are hardly that great
  • well its clearly 6 lost, we should have won all three and if we really wanna cement our position we need to be winning these games,

But after being 2-0 down and playin badly to get a point against millwall was a good result, going down to 9 men with a thread bare squad and gettin a point was a good result and then going away from home 2 days after playin with 9 men, with no first choice back four avaliable and going behind but gettin a draw, was a good result
  • come on nolly , we never get anything against millwall, swindon are 6th and brentford have a good home record and had kept 5 clean sheets in 6 b4 today
  • the millwall result was terrible,swindon was great,and today best we could of hoped for
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]the millwall result was terrible,swindon was great,and today best we could of hoped for

That sums it up for me as well to be honest.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]hopefully we can keep the run going and make the play offs at least

No way. We've got to be positive and not talk ourselves down. We've had a wobble and now had another one over Christmas but we are still second and it's in our own hands. With the exception of Leeds there's no one in this league we should be afraid of so, unless we lose one or two of our best players in Jan, I for one fully expect us to finish up where we are now. Job done.

In answer to your question, it a bit of of a mixture of the two over the course of the last few games, some you feel we've dropped points we should've taken, others we've picked up points we had no right to.
  • Ive just lit a dozen candles in a circle and am watching the play off final again.

Ommmmmmmmm
  • What I think is clear sodje and burton have cost us 4 points
  • All very winnable games so 3 points out of 9 is poor. Leeds now 8 ahead with a game in hand (so effectively 11). Norwich & Colchester poised to overtake us if they win their game in hand. Not what we were expecting 3 games ago.

But hey ho it is Charlton we support and we never do things the easy way! Can't say I'm not pissed off but also not surprised.
  • there really was never a leeds blip was there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh most definitely 6 points lost. We should be winning all of our games, and by some margin too.

At this rate we'll be lucky to stay up and it's just not good enough. It's all Deon Burton's fault too - not for getting sent off but for hitting the post against Millwall. If he'd scored that chance then we would've gone 4-2 up, won the game comfortably, not been under pressure to beat Swindon so no silly sendings off and then steamrollered that lot today.

Nothing less than 30 points from the next 10 games will make me change my mind that we are pony and don't deserve to be where we are. We have been found out good and proper, yardy yardy yar, and it's only a matter of time before Norwich and co overtake us. We;ll be lucky to make the play offs, and if we do we'll get beat by Pardew's lot.

However, if by some freak of nature we do end up getting promoted then I think this post will have been the turning point as Parky will have clearly read it, decided I'm right and finally do something about it.

Don't say I didn't tell you all.

;o)
  • That post looks like a turning point
  • indeed.
  • all that matters is that we are 2nd now and if we continue our fantastic form until the end of the season then the worst we'll finish is 4th, unless sone of the teams below start to have a great run and we might finish lower.

but it's been a great season so far,well even if the football being played isn't too hot if i'm really being honest and other teams standard has been pretty abysmal. but still,a great season.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]All very winnable games so 3 points out of 9 is poor. Leeds now 8 ahead with a game in hand (so effectively 11). Norwich & Colchester poised to overtake us if they win their game in hand. Not what we were expecting 3 games ago.

But hey ho it is Charlton we support and we never do things the easy way! Can't say I'm not pissed off but also not surprised.

Every game is a winnable game in this division, Chaz ....... including Leeds, Norwich, and Colchester - all who we have to play at home.

We can only play our own game. And let other teams worry about us.

It's the Third Division. None of the teams in the promotion hunt are infallible, and each will trip over themselves at some point - with injury and suspension that's inevitable too. Then we'll see what they're made of.

Whatever Sodje and Burton did, we have to live with it.
    And the fact there is not a 1st choice defender within the back 4, and a reserve front 2 ...... means the team has had to dig in - and they have. That's called backbone.

Priceless! It may well earn us points when footballing ability can't do so on it's own.
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]That post looks like a turning point

Is that the same post that Burton hit against Millwall .... ?
  • Millwall for me was a one of game, like I think Burton said himself, it was perhaps built up too much.

Swindon we gained a point, but stupidity from Sodje and then Burton meant that's all we could have hoped for.

Today had the feeling it would be a hard game with so many players out, only playing two days earlier.

Should have got more but it's not terrible if we start winning again. Unbeaten in 9 league games, 19 points from a possible 27 is over 2 points a game. We're aiming for 2 points a game over the season so we're still on track. Room for improvement, but nothing to worry about. I don't think these are signs that it's about to go wrong, with a few players back and the games coming up we should start winning again.
  • edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]All very winnable games so 3 points out of 9 is poor. Leeds now 8 ahead with a game in hand (so effectively 11). Norwich & Colchester poised to overtake us if they win their game in hand. Not what we were expecting 3 games ago.

Every game is a winnable game in this division, Chaz ....... including Leeds, Norwich, and Colchester - all who we have to play at home.

We can only play our own game. And let other teams worry about us.

It's the Third Division. None of the teams in the promotion hunt are infallible, and each will trip over themselves at some point - with injury and suspension that's inevitable too. Then we'll see what they're made of.

Whatever Sodje and Burton did, we have to live with it.
    And the fact there is not a 1st choice defender within the back 4, and a reserve front 2 ...... means the team has had to dig in - and they have. That's called backbone.

Priceless! It may well earn us points when footballing ability can't do so on it's own.

Not knocking the effort and team spirit, Oggy. I think it will carry us through in the end. Just wish we could do things the easy for once. Not sure my nerves will get through another play off.
  • So, Wallsall it is then - see what the new year brings. 9 points dropped?
  • [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]Not knocking the effort and team spirit, Oggy. I think it will carry us through in the end. Just wish we could do things the easy for once. Not sure my nerves will get through another play off.
    But Chaz, you're a Charlton fan; you should know by now we never do things the easy way.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]

Not knocking the effort and team spirit, Oggy. I think it will carry us through in the end. Just wish we could do things the easy for once. Not sure my nerves will get through another play off.

I know you're not, Chaz.

Just wanted to challenge your assertion that just because teams have a game in hand, they will automatically catch us or head so far over the horizon that they are impossible to catch.

We have yet to play each of Leeds, Norwich and Colchester at home ........and my point is they are well beatable.
    They'd be just as scared of us!

And they've every chance of experiencing the same run as we've just gone through.

We're down to bare bones, but our spirit is coming through in abundance.
    That'll stand us in good stead for the rest of the campaign - and we've got a number of first choice players to return yet, which also bodes well.

Agree we never do things the easy way, lol ...... but we're bang on course, 2 points a game.
  • I'm sure you are right Oggy. Hope so anyway :-)
  • one day oggy's ridiculous optimism will be right ...................i'm still waiting ;-)
  • You win the home games and dont lose away. That will get you promotion, anything else makes it harder.
    We dropped 4 points at home when they were there for the taking, not for the first, second or third time this season.
    But on the plus side we're not losing and there is an inprovment on last year.
  • 6 points dropped definately, Millwall you dont draw when you take the lead 4 minutes from time against 10 men.Swindon were shite and we had 2 players in-excusably sent off and Brentford were toilet.
  • I've already offered my thoughts on the 4 points dropped at home this Christmas.

Today was poor; Points lost for a team that aspires to automatic promotion. If we fancy fighting for a playoff place then we're on track (ish)
  • i say 2 points gained and 7 lost on the whole
  • walsall is what matters,win needed big time.
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]walsall is what matters,win needed big time.

yeah but a draw away from home with all these injuries and suspensions wont be a bad result against a team in the top half of this division ....
  • really a win,other teams have injurys