Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alternative Coach Pick Up Points (Airman, take note)

edited January 2010 in Match Day Travel
Any possibility of having a coach pick up point for away games in Chislehurst High Street somewhere, cos for some of us, Chislehurst is nearer than Eltham or Bromley, so would make it easier just to walk to Chislehurst and not have to wait for the bus.

And no, this is not a thread saying I'm lazy.

Comments

• Stop being lazy (Nathan Prior take note)
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Stop being lazy (Nathan Prior take note)

Its more convenient for me, not being lazy, I'd rather walk 15mins from my house to Chislehurst rather than going on a half hour journey to Eltham or 45mins one to Bromley
  • Oh sorry, I didnt realise it was because it was convenient for you. Do continue...
  • Or trying to get a bus back from Walsall for a fiver ....?

;o)
  • why not take everyone's address and stop at each persons house?
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]why not take everyone's address and stop at each persons house?

If you're offering to do it :P

It wouldnt create any more bother really, already picks up at Bromley, goes through Chislehurst (so why not pick up there) and onto Eltham
  • I thought you were an away train person, young man? Or you just saving the pound notes these days?
  • [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]I thought you were an away train person, young man? Or you just saving the pound notes these days?

Depends, did Tranmere and Yeovil by coach and Norwich, Gills and Walsall (if you can call it a game) by train
  • [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Any possibility of having a coach pick up point for away games in Chislehurst High Street somewhere, cos for some of us, Chislehurst is nearer than Eltham or Bromley, so would make it easier just to walk to Chislehurst and not have to wait for the bus.

Depends on the demand of people wanting to get on at Chislehurst i would say. If there is yourself and Joe Bloggs, then it's not worth the time for the club or the coach drivers.
  • [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Any possibility of having a coach pick up point for away games in Chislehurst High Street somewhere, cos for some of us, Chislehurst is nearer than Eltham or Bromley, so would make it easier just to walk to Chislehurst and not have to wait for the bus.

Depends on the demand of people wanting to get on at Chislehurst i would say. If there is yourself and Joe Bloggs, then it's not worth the time for the club or the coach drivers.

Or put out a note in the programme and bulletin and ask people their views?
  • Sponsored links:

• Nathan i live in chislehurst and its a 10 min bus journey into bromley stop being lazy mate
  • why don't we have hundreds of pick up points at places that suit everyone. probably end up taking the coaches about 6 hours to get to wycombe but it would save on the convenience though.
  • [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK[/cite]Nathan i live in chislehurst and its a 10 min bus journey into bromley stop being lazy mate

Thats cos you get the 269

I gotta either get the 314 from like outside my house, or walk and get a 126.
  • Man up mate!
  • How about a South Yorkshire coach Airman?

Honestly jesus wept Nathan, walking aint gonna kill you. After that Easter trip to Man City in 2007 I walked from the valley to leytonstone after the game because that's where the coach came in!
  • [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK[/cite]Nathan i live in chislehurst and its a 10 min bus journey into bromley stop being lazy mate

Thats cos you get the 269

I gotta either get the 314 from like outside my house, or walk and get a 126.
    How big is Chislehurst then?!
  • I think at one point Si it was going to get City status
  • lol why your at it can we have a pick up in sevenoaks! NP you make me laugh :-)
  • What with Nathan moaning about wanting the pick up points to be right outside his door by all accounts & Rupert moaning that the club stitch him up everytime they rearrange a postponed game - I give up, the pair of them need to man up, bet they both sit in the East stand with a travel rug & flask FFS.
  • Where at Eltham well hall road does the coach stop isit near yorkshire gray - Mcdonalds near the roundabout as well hall road is a long road and just would like to know what bus stop to go to so i dont miss the coach for saturday
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: cafcfan123[/cite]Where at Eltham well hall road does the coach stop isit near yorkshire gray - Mcdonalds near the roundabout as well hall road is a long road and just would like to know what bus stop to go to so i dont miss the coach for saturday

Well Hall Roundabout by the bus stop up from Dickson Road
  • Use your hard earned and lord it to every game and back in a taxi mate

I would
  • [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]Use your hard earned and lord it to every game and back in a taxi mate

I would

You Do !
    ;-)
  • I cant believe no one from the Bromley area will pick him up from home, and drop him off a bit nearer to the coach stop. ; )
  • Coach from Canterbury though Airman please, theres plenty of Charlton fans here I'm sure who would make use of it
  • has he tried the 314 driver? get him to knock so you you don't have to wait around.
  • I cant believe I am expected to walk from Charlton station to the ground.
    Sort it out Charlton - there are hundreds of fans who do that same journey - surely some kind of transport can be laid on.
    I have to literally, like, walk up a bit of a hill for 30 maybe even 40 yards, and like, sometimes walk past some away fans.
    If this is the way the club treat us supporters, then I think it is,like, out of order.
    Can someone phone the club for me as I have not got, like, any credit on my phone.
  • I'm with Nathan.
  • [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]I'm with Nathan.
    Look after them please.

He needs it.
  • [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]I cant believe I am expected to walk from Charlton station to the ground.
    Sort it out Charlton - there are hundreds of fans who do that same journey - surely some kind of transport can be laid on.
    I have to literally, like, walk up a bit of a hill for 30 maybe even 40 yards, and like, sometimes walk past some away fans.
    If this is the way the club treat us supporters, then I think it is,like, out of order.
    Can someone phone the club for me as I have not got, like, any credit on my phone.

Wow, it's like you red my brain or something. Those moving walkway things like they have at airports is wot the Club should buy.

And can they build a special path from the back Garden of the Liberal Club direct to the ground. 100s of Charlton fans in there every game who would use it.