Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Where would we be without Nicky Bailey?

edited January 2010 in General Charlton
Something at least to thank Pardoo for. If only his team mates were half as effective we would walk this league. Sadly they aren't. Fingers crossed nobody comes in for him before Monday evening!

Comments

• I thought he was pretty average today. Glad for the goals but he is slipping back to early seasons ineffective performances
  • Completely disagree. Baileys passing was shocking today and his ability to hold the midfield was just as bad. How many tackles did he put in when they carved up the centre of our midfield? Just because he scored the goal doesn't excuse him a woeful display.
  • Oh well. Be OK if he leaves then!
  • Stick him on the left wing or sell him.
  • No it won't be ok if he leaves, but today he had a poor game and when he has a poor game the team has a poor game.
  • He's been a little off the pace of late...but i'm sure he knows that.
    He's a 100% player though and will 'always' give of his best.....he together with a few others (Deon Burton for example), havent been at their best for a while, it happens and I guess we just have to hope they'll hit top form again...and soon because they are the engine room to a very large extent.
    Dissing them wont help because I'm sure they know it and don't need telling.
  • Cant fault his effort but today he was pony. Although not the only one.
  • He and Semedo were both very poor today so, in effect, we had no midfield. Semedo was far too slow in his use of the ball, and Bailey seemed to have a compulsion to float long inaccurate passes to the flanks, where they were either read and picked off by the opposition or required too much adjustment by their target to be useful.
  • Scored worked hard as usual but had a poor game. Semedo did his job defensivly at least pretty well. Few times Semedo defended well where our other CMs just wouldn't have been there or got it right.
  • Bailey was poor today as was Semedo. I am the only one that actually thinks that at home we can dispense of Semedo and actually play higher up the pitch. With Semedo there our midfield sits so deep and we have no one pushing on from the centre midfield position.
  • Sponsored links:

• we would be screwed without \Bailey. Today he was very poor and yet stillpopped up with the goal.

We MUST get Racon back in the middle for some creativity and go 4-5-1 again IMO.
  • [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]we would be screwed without \Bailey. Today he was very poor and yet stillpopped up with the goal.

We MUST get Racon back in the middle for some creativity and go 4-5-1 again IMO.

Almost won it as well by all accounts with shot that hit the post. Seems reverting to 4-5-1 could be the only answer at present. Can't see us winning the home games with Leeds & Norwich using 4-4-2. Especially now they have strengthened their squads!
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Bailey was poor today as was Semedo. I am the only one that actually thinks that at home we can dispense of Semedo and actually play higher up the pitch. With Semedo there our midfield sits so deep and we have no one pushing on from the centre midfield position.

Agree Large. Spring for Semedo next home game.
  • No doubt he is our main man. It seems to me that when he has a good game, we do well; when he doesn't, we don't. It would be interesting to see the correlation is between our results and his CL scores. Of course, that would have to be compared with other players to see how great the correlation is, because it would be weird if for any of the players there wasn't one.
  • Cant fault his committment. Really looks up for it most of the time and his face when he scored shows that he seems to care.
  • BAILEY CAN'T PLAY CENTRAL MIDFIELD!
  • How about Bailey playing in the Gerrard role behind Burton. With Racon, Semedo in the middle and Reid/Sam on the wings. Bailey will score more than Mooney, gets himself into good positions and allows Racon to come back in?
  • [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Bailey was poor today as was Semedo. I am the only one that actually thinks that at home we can dispense of Semedo and actually play higher up the pitch. With Semedo there our midfield sits so deep and we have no one pushing on from the centre midfield position.

Agree Large. Spring for Semedo next home game.
    Why Spring? He does a job but there's nothing he really offers they Semedo doesn't and going forward Shelvey and Racon are both better players.

There have been calls for Shelvey, Racon and Spring all
    to start now. Does show there's no obvious best way to change the team around.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafc18[/cite]BAILEY CAN'T PLAY CENTRAL MIDFIELD!

LOL.
    Go to jail. Go directly to jail. Do not pass go, Do not collect £200
  • I thought Bailey and Semedo were both below par today.
    But I thought Bailey was prominent when we finally tried to inject some determination and desire in the last 15.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bailey is undroppable for me, because of his goals. On the other hand Parky is yet to find the right berth for him.

Frankly Mooney is poo and doesn't have any kind of understanding with Burton who looks less and less interested.

Personally it seems clear that with the signing of Reid, Parky wants to play a classic 4-4-2. So if Bailey has to play, then my view is that he has to play as the defensive midfielder along side a more creative player who has the ability to sit when Bailey has license to support the attack. That means either Racon or Spring. There really isn't any more choice.

If we play 4-4-1-1 then I agree he could play behind Burton although my view is that Burton himself is more effective in that role, so I would play McKenzie as the advanced striker with Burton behind him.
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Personally it seems clear that with the signing of Reid, Parky wants to play a classic 4-4-2. So if Bailey has to play, then my view is that he has to play as the defensive midfielder along side a more creative player who has the ability to sit when Bailey has license to support the attack. That means either Racon or Spring. There really isn't any more choice.
    I think the signing of Reid was to give us the option of a left footed left winger, something we don't have. Whoever we used there before was out of position. Doesn't necessarily mean Parky wants to play 442 every game. Really wouldn't be surprised if he changed it as the options are there.
  • Did Bailey complete a single pass yesterday?

I thought he was SHIT and we badly need a midfielder who can keep the ball, pass it well, and keep the game ticking over while tackling in a disciplined way.

We need Matt Spring.
  • Anyone want to slag him off today?

Think we need to move him upfront. Only one who knows where the goal is!
  • The title of this thread was repeatedly said in the pub i was in this afternoon.

12 goals from midfield so far. He is turning into a player when the chips are down might make something happen, and thank god we have him.
  • Where would we be without Nicky Bailey?

Simple and short

Not in the top three
  • Some people's views are hilarious on this thread. Can't play centre midfield? hahaha.

Stick to 4-5-1 and play bailey in behind, he'll score a goal every other game. Cracking finish today and meant the world to him as you could see on his face when he sprinted over.

As i said on another silly thread: Best player by a mile, goalscorer, leader, discuss.

I want ginger hair too!
  • Simple answer WE WILL FIND OUT NEXT SEASON ;-(
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Simple answer WE WILL FIND OUT NEXT SEASON ;-(

Oh is that a FACT Steve...it depends largely on whether we go up or not...or do you know different....somehow I don't think so mate!