Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jonjo - Has he already gone?

WSSWSS
edited March 2010 in General Charlton
I can't help but think there is already an agreement in place with someone to have Jonjo go at the end of the season.

There is just no logical reason to why he isnt playing in my opinion (unless there is something going on at the training ground that we don't see).

I'm not trying to get a snippet from uncle, or anyone else for that matter, but it is a very strong gut feeling I have.

Can we afford to let him get injured and lose out on the £500k - £1m?

Comments

• Its either that or other issues cant think what else it could be
  • That's the word on the street.

Boooooooooo!
  • The street can often be wrong. If that was the case do you really think they would risk injuring him in a reserve match?
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]The street can often be wrong. If that was the case do you really think they would risk injuring him in a reserve match?

A good point, and also surely the club would tell us if he'd signed a pre-contract for someone else, why would they hide that?
  • He'll be playing in a 4-5-1 on Saturday imo.
  • Now Parky has got Mooney and Akpo and no doubt had to hassle the board to provide the funds, he must be extremely reluctant to drop them. We all know we were playing better at the start of the season, with Jonjo in the team, but as long as we're paying the wages of the other two I cant see him getting back in
  • But he has dropped both of them at different times.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]The street can often be wrong. If that was the case do you really think they would risk injuring him in a reserve match?

A good point, and also surely the club would tell us if he'd signed a pre-contract for someone else, why would they hide that?
    A season ticket renewal campaign?
  • Having said that maybe the chelsea players were told not to go in hard on him and they asked Charlton to play him to keep him fresher???
  • [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]The street can often be wrong. If that was the case do you really think they would risk injuring him in a reserve match?

I'd imagine people would be more inclined to renew based on how our season ends and the quality of football being served up, not on whether an 18 year old warming our bench stays or not.
  • Sponsored links:

• I was all for resting him but not this long!

Im off to the street to find out the new word...
  • Think about it folks....if that were the case he wouldn't have been on the bench would he!
  • So if he plays again this season does that prove that this alleged Chelsea deal has fallen through or never existed in the first place?
  • When you look at the rubbish that gets a game ahead of him it does smell fishy.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

I'd imagine people would be more inclined to renew based on how our season ends and the quality of football being served up, not on whether an 18 year old warming our bench stays or not.
    Just fanning the flames of conspiracy chris.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]So if he plays again this season does that prove that this alleged Chelsea deal has fallen through or never existed in the first place?

Or that he turned it down and wants to stay at Charlton?
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]That's the word on the street.

Boooooooooo!

I just looked out of the window and the word on the street was No Parking
  • Couple of stats pinched off someone on 606:

Starts 16

wins 9
    Draws 5
    Defeats 2

Win 56% of his starts
    Won or drawn 87%

Total appearances plus subs

16 (5)

13 wins
    6 draws
    2 defeats

won 62% of all his appearance
    90% went without defeat

TEAM TOTAL

played 37
    won 18
    13 with Jonjo, 5 without

So, 5 wins in 16 games with no appearance from Jonjo is a win percentage of 31%
    13 draws, 6 with Jonjo, total percentage without defeat without Jonjo appearing 68%
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]That's the word on the street.

Boooooooooo!

I just looked out of the window and the word on the street was No Parking

Is it a sign? No Parky??
  • [cite]Posted By: RalphMilnesgut[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]So if he plays again this season does that prove that this alleged Chelsea deal has fallen through or never existed in the first place?

Or that he turned it down and wants to stay at Charlton?

Or that Southampton have come in for him.

Is it true he had a fight with another player or is sleeping with someone he shouldn't?
    Well, actually it's not true. I just made that up but hey, it never seems to worry anyone else.
  • Sponsored links:

• Christian Dailly's mum apparently.
  • The only reason a club like Chelsea would sign him is so have him their squad as a "home grown" player for new UEFA rules. Jonjo would get nowhere near their side at the moment. I very much doubt any deal has been done. He hasn't played very well on his last few appearances for us, but he will be inconsistent at his age. He is clearly a talented player who will develop and he is at least worth a go off the bench from Parky. I would like to see him back in a 4-5-1.
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Couple of stats pinched off someone on 606:

Starts 16

wins 9
    Draws 5
    Defeats 2

If those stats are correct : as he started the first 12 games this season, that means he has started only four of the last 25.

What is going on and how much rest does the poor boy need???
  • Either way - I wuld be very surprised if he were still here next season.

The whole premise of signing a new contract was to "get regular first team football and learn his trade" and since signing on he's been on the bench.

I hope I'm wrong but we'll have to wait and see
  • He's not playing because he's has invariably been poor when he has done so. No conspiracy.

I'm not knocking him btw. I don't expect too much from an 18 year old.
  • what you mean like Paul Walsh ?

or
    Paul Elliot
    or
    Robert Lee
    or
    Lee Bowyer
    or
    Scot Parker
    or
    Paul Konchesky

all did it at 17 and at a higher level. He should be in the team end of.
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]He's not playing because he's has invariably been poor when he has done so. No conspiracy.

So going by your theory we wouldn't have 11 players on the pitch to start a game as they have all been poor.

Jonjo has had some good games and some bad games and even at 18 he has probably had more good games than the rest of the idiots who start every week.
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]He's not playing because he's has invariably been poor when he has done so. No conspiracy.

If you look at stats and his goals scored and his assists to game ratio i think you'll find there are plenty more getting in the team that have been a lot poorer
  • Even at Swindon where he was not at his best, still could have scored a cracker. Think he has had some quieter games as has not played consistently since October and there has not even been ressie games to keep sharpness. Also when he has played, it's often been out of position eg Left Mid.

Hope to see him start asap either in CM or just off the striker.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Even at Swindon where he was not at his best, still could have scored a cracker. Think he has had some quieter games as has not played consistently since October and there has not even been ressie games to keep sharpness. Also when he has played, it's often been out of position eg Left Mid.

Hope to see him start asap either in CM or just off the striker.

Your exactly right there for many of his last matches he was not in a favoured position playing left mid. He did that although other team members were apparently reluctant to do so. That is the kind of person needed in the run in. IMO