Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Injury news

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
Robbie out for 3-4 weeks

Deon out for 2 weeks which isn't too bad as it was a knee injury, sprained his knee

Akpo got an injection in his right buttock...

Sam and Semedo have small strains

Comments

• Robbie's out for the season then.

Should we get another loan keeper or does Randolph deserve a go?
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite] Should we get another loan keeper or does Randolph deserve a go?

Randolph absolutely deserves a go. Not sure what they'll do about a back up keeper though.
  • This is where it'll show how small our squad is, despite the wage bill.

Probably have a best 11 equal to Leeds and Norwich, but not a squad.

Going to be interesting to see if Parky continues with Racon in the midfield, or brings back Spring. Not convinced he'll start Shelvey in CM, though even with his inexperience I think he could offer more than Racon.

Wagstaff may well get a run in the team again, while he's done well unfortunately he doesn't look ready to start.

Not looking good is it.
  • So who thinks thay can do Parky's job now, then? Not only no money, but virtually no experienced players...
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]So who thinks thay can do Parky's job now, then? Not only no money, but virtually no experienced players...

I could do what he's doing now...which isn't much..:o)
  • Randolph deserves a go and is good enough but we'll need to get another keeper as backup on an emergency loan. We'll miss Elliot's distribution. Burton is a huge loss and can't see us getting automatic promotion without him up front - not if Akpo is the alternative. Hopefully Mckenzie will get himself fit and replace Burton soon.
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Sam and Semedo have small brains

That's not very nice!
  • Waggy, JJ and Randolph all deserve their chance now...it's the way forward.
  • I wonder if there are issues with Spring - he is never on the bench and is never mentioned as an alternative in the lead up to games.
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite] Hopefully Mckenzie will get himself fit

Ha ha ha ha you are funny!!
  • Sponsored links:

• My team for Huddersfield

Randolph
    Richardson,Sodje,Dailly,Borrowdale
    Waggy,Bailey,Semedo/Spring (depending on fitness),Racon,Reid
    Shelvey
    Mooney

I didn't go saturday but i saw how well Mooney took his goal and i was very impressed. I have been amongst his critics but if he is scoring goals like that and is putting the effort in can we complain? I would have in up front on his own next game, he dosen't have the physical pressence but i would have him working his socks off and chasing down every loose ball and pressureing the defenders. (Alot like Kevin Doyle for Wolves against Villa) I would play 4-5-1 as i am convinced its our best formation + Huddersfield have scored 42 goals at home this season. Joint top scorers in the league along with Norwich. Playing 4-5-1 gives us that extra defensive cover. I've always said if you don't conceed your not going to loose and that would be my enthesis going into this game. With waggy and reid on the wings that gives us good width and genuine pace and a bit of direction. Shelvey in the hole speaks for itself, i would love to see him get in that gap between the midfield and defence and have a chance to create something. If we get a point up there im sure everyone would be please, i know i would!
  • edited March 2010
    Parky wants a keeper on loan, if Randolph gets injured he doesn't want to play a youth keeper. Thursday is the deadline.
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Robbie out for 3-4 weeks

Deon out for 2 weeks which isn't too bad as it was a knee injury, sprained his knee

Akpo got an injection in his right buttock...

Sam and Semedo have small strains

Thats nearly half the team....... A few more and even Jonjo might get a run out
  • OK, time for a radical solution.

Without Burton and with A. Sodje doubtful we need a big forward, good in the air, who can help out the defence but who can get a goal or two. And he can't cost too much dosh.

Obvious solution = Miguel Llera up top

Remember that goal v Swindon. Natural born striker.

We could also so with a fast nippy forward who could run at people. Needs pace, an eye for goal and the ability to draw a foul in and around the box. And he can't cost too much dosh.

Obvious solution - Scott Wagstaff up top.

Don't dismiss it out of hand.

Sometimes you have to think outside the triangle.
  • I think you'll find that the Llera and Wagstaff solutions have already been put forward before. Waggy should be in the team ahead of Sam as he's more direct and makes things happen. I'd definately give him a shot upfront if we can't get anyone else in. Llera might work too, who knows. Personally, I'd have played Solly or Semedo or switched Richardson to LB and play Solly at RB and the wages saved would be better spent on a striker.
  • I would not go with Waggy upfront to start but off the bench, could be a real threat and seems to me to have a bit of intelligance in his play. So would make good runs, stretch the defence with his pace and movement and he is a decent finisher from what I have seen.

Maybe we push Jonjo forward to start? Or Sam?
  • I would go for the Waggy up front for a bit of extra pace etc but Miguel Llera a natural born striker i don't think so..... I'm all for chucking a few of the big lumps up there with 10 mins to go to get a result but the guy has the touch of a rapeist.
  • Happy for Randolph to deputise but we still need to get a keeper in. If there's a keeper available who is better than Randolph, then all the better.
  • Lewis Perkins, was in the squad for Stockport away and scored plenty for youth sides. Not to start, but off the bench?
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: agim[/cite] the guy has the touch of a rapeist.

horrible, horrible expression. Pardewesque in fact.

Anyway, that goal v Swindon showed some real skill. Not as good as Mooney but if needs must.
  • Sponsored links:

• The worry is with Miguel upfront, we would resort to just lumping it forward. Then again, he could be better than A Sodje.

One positive would be he would provide extra cover at set pieces and has shown he can score himself from set pieces.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: agim[/cite]the guy has the touch of a rapeist.

horrible, horrible expression. Pardewesque in fact.

Anyway, that goal v Swindon showed some real skill. Not as good as Mooney but if needs must.

Henry,

Two words. Phil Chapple!

Miguel gets slated by our "fans" in his proper position.

I dread to think what grief our "supporters" would give him if he played up front.
  • Who's Pardewesque? ;)
  • Tuna is worth a go up front i reckon. Good shout on Wagstaff too.
  • round pegs in squares holes methinks.......

you should always, always play your players in the postions they are trained and used to.

if you need goals then play a natural striker - Rooney didn't cost £20m if it was possible to play any old player up front.

If needs be then recall Dickson & Fleetwood............look at the situation we got into at millwall by playing Solly at left back, then tried to protect him by playing Bailley wide left and subsequently moved Reid to right wing.
  • True Len but think of Holdsworth or Dion Dublin. Who was the guy who played for Blackburn (I think) up front and at the back? maybe got in the England squad too.

Seeing some the lumps who play up front effectively against us I really don't think Llera could be any worse skill wise
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]True Len but think of Holdsworth or Dion Dublin. Who was the guy who played for Blackburn (I think) up front and at the back? maybe got in the England squad too.

Seeing some the lumps who play up front effectively against us I really don't think Llera could be any worse skill wise

That possibly says more about the inability of our defence than the ability of "the lumps!"
  • Samba played for Blackburn up front a few games last season.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]True Len but think of Holdsworth or Dion Dublin. Who was the guy who played for Blackburn (I think) up front and at the back? maybe got in the England squad too.

Did Chris Sutton ever play at the back? Gary Doherty is another one. Chris Samba did well for Blackburn upfront last season for a short spell.
  • Am I making it up or do I remember seeing Eddie Youds playing upfront one Boxing Day away at Selhurst vs Wimbledon? If I'm correct, he was rubbish....