Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parallels with Nottingham Forest

Met up with a Forest-supporting mate the other day. They got out of this division after a season of not playing very well, then winning their last four games to grab second place. If they hadn't gone up, they could have been in terrible financial problems. Look where they are now. Things can turn around quickly in football - not only for the worse.

There are still eight games to go this season - a lot can happen, and much of it is still in our own hands.

Comments

• 3 massive home games really are must wins - but I agree it's in our hands

5 or 6 wins and a couple of draws would be enough but we really need a win this week to get on terms with Leeds and the Wall

wouldn't it be nice to pip them to 2nd place now!!!
  • edited March 2010
    I agree with this , It will be interesting how Millwall will deal with the pressure now that they have caught Leeds . They have three 'derby' type home matches against Brentford , Gillingham and Leyton Orient . Their last homer is against Swindon on the last day , I can see that being the classic six pointer ( ours comes a week earlier versus Leeds ). If we are in the hunt on the last day I would much rather go to Oldham.

Away they go to Colchester , Huddersfield , Tranmere and Yeovil and if they don't go up automatically then it may be that the Lions would have a play off hangover.

I am not saying we will definately go up . What I do believe it is that is all to play for .
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]There are still eight games to go this season - a lot can happen, and much of it is still in our own hands.
    Agree, all to play for like Richard said.
  • I'm currently in Nottingham. :-(
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]I'm currently in Nottingham. :-(

There you go - another good omen ;-)
  • And I did just see a book in the library written by a guy called Forrest

it's an omen I tell thee
  • iv got this warped feeling that the fact we have to play norwich, leeds and colchester at home is going to benefit us
  • Yea choice i have too.
  • I know what you mean, I've not really felt "we only scored 2 against Stockport, so we'll be destroyed by Norwich/Leeds etc". Games against the smaller struggling clubs are often hard as they get a lot of players behind the ball, games at home against promotion rivals will probably be more open, giving space to players like Mooney, Racon, Sam, Wagstaff etc who need it.
  • all to play for still, Come on you reds! nice post btw
  • Sponsored links:

• I've said since Saturday I think we need 5 wins to have a chance off grabbing 2nd and that includes beating Leads at home! We have a chance but its not gonna be easy!
  • can't see 5 wins being enough given the form of the scum
  • good positive post. One thing is for sure.We have to find a way to win our games. Forget shots on target, possession and entertainment. Millwall look like they are nailed on for second but they have some tough games ahead and pressure can do funny things to form. The weird thing is if we are still in contention come the Leeds game it might be one of our easier games - they could be out of it by then!
  • Please tell me where the 5 wins are going to come from ? - I can't remember the sttas , but how many games has it taken us to win our last 5 games......15??

I was at Huddesfiels and although a point was a good resul, we could have snuck all 3 if we had decided to go for it a little more. A corner well into added time and we have just 2 players in the box with just another two on the edge waiting to run in !
  • 4 home games are winnable. Tough but winnable.

Mk dons don't scare me.

That's 5 wins!

3 more away games to pick up a few points too

Milwall will lose one and then have a big dip taking them unto the playoff with low confidence
  • both clubs went to get billy davies as manager another parallel
  • We sing to the same song.
  • I did that silly BBC prediction thing and I put what I honestly thought the scores would be and I came up with final places of

Norwich
    Swindon
    Millwall
    Leeds
    Charlton
    Huddersfield

I know it doesn't mean a thing except that Swindon have the easiest run-in
  • Just did predictor for first time and wished I hadn't.

Nowich
    Leeds
    Swindon
    Millwall
    Charlton
    Hiddersfield

Spanners in playoff semis then!
  • We have both won Division One.
    However only one of us qualified for the European Cup.
  • Sponsored links:

• 6 games we will win

mk dons - end of their play of hopes
    carlisle - season over after cup final
    norwich - season over after clinching title/promotion
    colchester - crashing out the play off picture
    exeter - poor side
    oldham - relegated by then

leeds - draw
    southampton - only concerning fixture
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]There are still eight games to go this season - a lot can happen, and much of it is still in our own hands.
    Agree, all to play for like Richard said.

Definately all to play for. Can't believe that we are only three points off of automatic considering the results of the last 10/12 games.
    Can't help but think that Nicky Forster is going to have a big say between now and the end of May.
  • It's up to the players to get on with it and us to get behind them. I'm going to Southampton and probably Exeter.

We can do it, the desire has to be there!
  • edited March 2010
    I agree with Weegie with only a 3 point gap between us and automatic it would be preposterous fo anyone to throw the towel in.
  • we both wear red shirts & white shorts at home

(but I dont like the fact it took forest 3 seasons to get out of this pony league!!!)
  • [cite]Posted By: SaySomething[/cite]we both wear red shirts & white shorts at home

(but I dont like the fact it took forest 3 seasons to get out of this pony league!!!)

Shush - I wasn't going to mention that ;-)
  • Watching them play newcastle on tv. Wierd hearing another set of fans singing mull of kintyre
  • [cite]Posted By: ChiAddick[/cite]Watching them play newcastle on tv. Wierd hearing another set of fans singing mull of kintyre

do their fans clap themselves when they've made it through one verse too?
  • I'm sure if I know my history, we wear red and white as they were given to us from forest. Could be wrong but I'm sure I read that somewehere. They had cloughie we had curbs they had roy keene we had keith jones they had teddy sheringham we had paul gorman.... still they did have jason lee.... ha ha ha...
  • Both Clubs have had their Best ever Managers in recent History & both of them get them relegated out of the Top division.