Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Favourite Destination In The World

Milford Sound - New Zealand's South Island

The most peaceful place on the planet

Comments

• Japan does it for me, have been a few times and will be going again soon.
  • Cant decide.
  • Please, how about the valley.
  • Inverliever Lodge, Ayrshire.
  • Ballycastle on a clear day is pretty good.
  • Agree with Canada Addick, Milford Sound is unbelievable.

I have travelled a lot and the South Island of New Zealand is the most beautiful place I have ever been to, the whole place is stunning and there is practically nobody there.
  • Lake Louise in the Rocky Mountains. Beautiful in the Spring
  • Basildon
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Inverliever Lodge, Ayrshire.[/quote]

I'm sure I went there with my school?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: CanadaAddick[/cite]Milford Sound - New Zealand's South Island

The most peaceful place on the planet[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_67397 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][div noWrap=false]milford-sound.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]

I'll agree with you there!
    half my family are from NZ.. been there many many times...
    absolutley LOVE the place
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]Lake Louise in the Rocky Mountains. Beautiful in the Spring

seconded, anytime of year its totally beautiful
  • [cite]Posted By: CanadaAddick[/cite]Milford Sound - New Zealand's South Island

The most peaceful place on the planet[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_67397 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][div noWrap=false]milford-sound.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]

Only broken by the noise of a thousand camera shutters going off (when the Japanese roll into town - well Car Park).

Te Anau was far more peaceful and has one of the best Chinese Restaurants I've ever been to.

Queenstown is ace - especially Shotover Jet and the Cart track up on top of the mountain - Find the Cow for the best Pizza and Garlic bread in the World.

Sydney is the best city in the world. So much to do, so little time
  • edited March 2007
    Only broken by the noise of a thousand camera shutters going off (when the Japanese roll into town - well Car Park).

Te Anau was far more peaceful and has one of the best Chinese Restaurants I've ever been to.

Milford Sound is fabulous, but comparatively touristy. We went to Doubtful Sound as well, which is just unbelievable. Just a couple of boats and a dolphin reseasch team. Those bloody flies though........
  • BDL - You're a man after my own heart. Te Anau is the absolute dogs balls if you are after a bit of peace and quiet.

I went there with the wife and another couple and in the afternoon while they were all having a snooze I filled up my large hip flask with Johnnie Walker and went for a two hour walk round the lake on a beautiful day with those wonderful snow capped mountains as a backdrop.

Came back to the hotel pissed as a newt and got an earful from the missus!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]BDL - You're a man after my own heart. Te Anau is the absolute dogs balls if you are after a bit of peace and quiet.

I went there with the wife and another couple and in the afternoon while they were all having a snooze I filled up my large hip flask with Johnnie Walker and went for a two hour walk round the lake on a beautiful day with those wonderful snow capped mountains as a backdrop.

Came back to the hotel pissed as a newt and got an earful from the missus!!!!

dude, whats johhnie walker??
  • edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite][cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Inverliever Lodge, Ayrshire

I'm sure I went there with my school?

If you went to an ILEA school then yes.
    I really do not think you can beat the West coast of Scotland for breathtaking scenary.
  • For me its the 2nd day of the Tongariro (?) cossing New Zealand , Up in the clouds between 2 volcanoes. Amazing !!!!!!
  • edited March 2007
    I went to an ILEA school, and never got past Swanage. : (
  • MCSMCS
    edited March 2007
    your a shoooters hill dude aint ya? did ya go school on shooters hill?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2007
    yes mate, Eaglesfield for about a year, Bloomfield before that.
  • edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: the_covered_end[/cite] I went to an ILEA school, and never got past Swanage. : (

Lol!

Spent 2 weeks there in 1976 on school journey. Two weeks! They don't do that know do they?
    Had a great time, lovely memories. Southampton winning the cup. Swanage had adopted Soton for the day. Listening to West Ham losing the Cup Winners Cup Final on secret trannies after we'd been sent to bed at Extra Time.
    We were told not to bring more than £7 pocket money, I only took six! Came home with change!!!!
    Did some great days out, Corfe Castle, Maiden Castle, Portland Bill Lighthouse..... Still got my diary somewhere.
  • your a shoooters hill dude aint ya? did ya go school on shooters hill?[/quote]
    yes mate, Eaglesfield for about a year, Bloomfield before that.[/quote]

How old are you covered end ? i'm an ex Eaglesfield boy (33)
  • [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]your a shoooters hill dude aint ya? did ya go school on shooters hill?

How old are you covered end ? i'm an ex Eaglesfield boy (33)[/quote]

I feel the "Whisper Police" approaching.........
  • This is charlton life gay dating service isn't it ??
  • [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]your a shoooters hill dude aint ya? did ya go school on shooters hill?

How old are you covered end ? i'm an ex Eaglesfield boy (33)[/quote

approaching 50, and from memory Teddy Davis was headmaster, (he hated me) mind you I was little Fecker, the swimming pool wern`t even finished, my claim to fame is , the first day the school opened, I was caned that afternoon, Teddy told me, I was being caned for trapping the teachers in the lift : )
    Kestral house I think I was in.
  • approaching 50, and from memory Teddy Davis was headmaster, (he hated me) mind you I was little Fecker, the swimming pool wern`t even finished, my claim to fame is , the first day the school opened, I was caned that afternoon, Teddy told me, I was being caned for trapping the teachers in the lift : )
    Kestral house I think I was in.[/quote]

Lol, didn't take long to settle in then mate!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]approaching 50, and from memory Teddy Davis was headmaster, (he hated me) mind you I was little Fecker, the swimming pool wern`t even finished, my claim to fame is , the first day the school opened, I was caned that afternoon, Teddy told me, I was being caned for trapping the teachers in the lift : )
    Kestral house I think I was in.

Lol, didn't take long to settle in then mate!![/quote]
    the best years of your life, you just dont know it the time, still laugh about the stunts me and old mates pulled to this day.
  • Covered End: I left Bloomfield in its last year before it transferred to Eaglesfield.
  • [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Covered End: I left Bloomfield in its last year before it transferred to Eaglesfield.

maybe we know some of the same faces, Please dont tell me your a teacher, and some fecker trapped you in a lift : (