Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

KRBS sponsor Academy for 2 years

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
This is great news and a real boost for the Club.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Excellent news. I remember seeing it apparently costs £1m per year, I guess this would this suggest they are paying most or even all of that?
  • Very good news, the academy is very important to us right now, cheers KRBS.
  • Great news well done all who got this deal.

That’s frees up some much needed cash to be utilised elsewhere within the club
  • Sensational! Is this what Steve Waggot does for his money?!
  • Great, great news. KRBS are really getting behind the club, which is a smart move given the clubs position (underperforming, but deeply rooted in a large, passionate community). If they can play a part in getting us back where we need to be, they'll really stand to benefit.
  • Well, a little piece of good news for a change.
  • Great news, well done to all that are involved.
  • I wonder why us and not The Jills?

Apart from the obvious exposure, I'm hoping the Charlton fan that used to manage the Maidstone branch many years ago has moved up the ranks and has had a say in it. Can't remember his name but used to have a chat with him whenever I went in there (I'm talking many years ago).
  • Quoting isn't working but Lookout has firmly hit the nail on the head there.

The importance of this cannot be over stated! Who knows, if Jonjo (or McGinty) makes a splash next season then our academy might be under the spotlight a bit more - after all with the new rules about home grown players we might become a benchmark.

Well done to those who got this sorted and it's nice to have a bit of good news!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]I wonder why us and not The Jills?

Apart from the obvious exposure, I'm hoping the Charlton fan that used to manage the Maidstone branch many years ago has moved up the ranks and has had a say in it. Can't remember his name but used to have a chat with him whenever I went in there (I'm talking many years ago).

Maybe they'll sponsor The Jills as well........... in some way or another that is.
  • edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Sensational! Is this what Steve Waggot does for his money?!

I seem to remember reading that Steve Sutherland secured the KRBS deal so possibly not!
  • This is an example of the 'Sensational - well actually no it itsn't' reporting that I find so annoying about the official website. And it is an insult to fans' intelligence.

The single most important fact, probably the only important fact, i.e. how much is the sponsorship worth?, is deemed to be not worth including in the story. Maybe it is and I have missed it. But I have read it twice now. The fact that this information is missing leads me to conclude that the sponsorship is not worth very much at all otherwise the figure would be highlighted in the headlines. But we will announce it anyway as a piece of important news so that the fans think we are really doing an effective job in running the club.

A sponsorship deal includes an agreed amount of money coming in from the sponsor. Publish this figure and let the fans judge whether it represents a significant deal. At the moment, from the information published by the club, I am wondering if this fantastic new sponsorship deal is no more than KRBS paying for all the footballs used by the academy.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Sensational! Is this what Steve Waggot does for his money?![/quote]

I seem to remember reading that Steve Sutherland secured the KRBS deal so possibly not![/quote]

Im sure its just SW telling us of the deal does not nean he sorted it, putting his name to a piece like this peopel presume he done it, after the slatting he gets here a ploy by teh club to make it look he does work for hi smoney

I did speak to someone who used to wrk for him and they said how the hell he got the Charlton job is beyond them he was f**ing useless, but hey ho thats one persons opinion
  • [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]This is an example of the 'Sensational - well actually no it itsn't' reporting that I find so annoying about the official website. And it is an insult to fans' intelligence.

The single most important fact, probably the only important fact, i.e. how much is the sponsorship worth?, is deemed to be not worth including in the story. Maybe it is and I have missed it. But I have read it twice now. The fact that this information is missing leads me to conclude that the sponsorship is not worth very much at all otherwise the figure would be highlighted in the headlines. But we will announce it anyway as a piece of important news so that the fans think we are really doing an effective job in running the club.

A sponsorship deal includes an agreed amount of money coming in from the sponsor. Publish this figure and let the fans judge whether it represents a significant deal. At the moment, from the information published by the club, I am wondering if this fantastic new sponsorship deal is no more than KRBS paying for all the footballs used by the academy.

Very good point.
  • Did 24/7 claim credit for all the work done by Jason Morgan and his team?
  • Why publish the amount so fans can judge? What would it prove? It just gives the "how far we've fallen brigade" another chance to get on their soapboxes

as I see it the academy has 2 years security now and that can only be seen as a good thing can't it?
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Why publish the amount so fans can judge? What would it prove?

it would prove how much funding they have received for the academy
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]

..........as I see it the academy has 2 years security now .......

Which part of the published story leads you to that conclusion?
  • Maybe it was at the request of KRBS that amounts are not shown
  • Sponsored links:

• ""KRBS is fully aware of the role the academy has played within the club, and has decided to support it to ensure we keep producing the talent of the future."

that's a start
  • Waggott quotes all over it so fair play to him if its his deal.

Isnt it something like £250k a year to run the academy??
  • [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Waggott quotes all over it so fair play to him if its his deal.

Isnt it something like £250k a year to run the academy??
    £1m I'm sure I read, either on here, or on something like the SLP site.
  • Maybe Airman Brown can let us know how much this 'support' for the academy is worth?

If it is a significant figure, say £100,000 - £250,000 per year, why would Waggott or KRBS want to keep it a secret?
  • Cant Be true the mail says wea re going into admin and teetering on the edge of extinction.

this must all be lies KRBS wouldnt spend their money on a club that fooked
  • When we were in the preimer league, the costs were £1M a year, with VG giving £150K of that.
  • I thought Valley Gold supported the academy. I appreciate it may not pay all the costs but could that money now be used somehwere else?
  • edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Harveys Trainer[/cite]I thought Valley Gold supported the academy. I appreciate it may not pay all the costs but could that money now be used somehwere else?

Valley Gold has been created by Charlton Club and is organised by a committee to run a successful lottery wholly or mainly for the participation in or support of athletic sports or games or cultural activities.

After all expenses and prize monies have been deducted the balance will be donated to organisations that fulfil the aims and objectives of Charlton Club
  • [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]Maybe Airman Brown can let us know how much this 'support' for the academy is worth?

If it is a significant figure, say £100,000 - £250,000 per year, why would Waggott or KRBS want to keep it a secret?

No, I can't. I do know, however, that the interpretation that KRBS are meeting the cost of the academy is way off the mark, and, more importantly, that Valley Gold cash remains crucial to it. That said, we should obviously welcome any KRBS support of whatever size.
  • well that clears that up

Now

"We are also in further commercial discussions with KRBS regarding their support for other areas of the club, which will be further good news when these additional agreements are finalised."

Renaming the Valley to KRBS Staduim

Or slowly taking the club over ;-)