Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

AFC Wimbledon Away

edited July 2010 in Match Day Travel
OK then - anyone going and where is the local beer house ?

Are we expected to go in the "away end" and I assume it's standing.

Comments

• I'm gueesing you can get tickets on the gate?

Anyone know rough prices?
  • Their (and our) website says nothing about it all
  • I'd advise anyone going to take their boots.
  • No info on it at all :/ But yeah I'm going, not sure on what pub yet, that's priors job
  • looking forward to it,what date is it?
  • I just rang up to enquire the match starts and they asked me 'What time can you get there...'
  • How are people getting there, looks to me the best bet is train from Waterloo to some place beginning with an N...? Or is there a better/quicker way?
  • really?
  • Norbiton station and then a walk (shortest way is through the council flats)
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]How are people getting there, looks to me the best bet is train from Waterloo to some place beginning with an N...? Or is there a better/quicker way?

Norbiton - it's from Clapham Junction

Closest game to home for me in 20 years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Easy to get a drink at the ground, two huge bars there, with a barbque going on behind the main stand. Although, you might get a game, so don't drink much
  • edited July 2010
    My local ground. A bit crappy to be honest. AFCW bought it off Kingstonian, who are tenants. Mix and match in the main stand with the locals or hack it behind the goal. Used to watch out reserves play there against Chelsea. Cambridge Road is a Chavy bit of Kingston. Best bet is to arrive early and park at the ground, otherwise park in the local streets. Probably get a drink in their rather good social club or a cup of char at half time from the shack. Nice chips if I recall right.
    By train, get off at Kingston and get a bus (131) up the Cambridge road but I forget which one. If walking, about a mile and a half from Kingston or a bit less from Norbitan.
  • The only thing that would make me go to this game would be a Wickerman style burning of Pete Winkleman.......
  • Only ten minutes from where I live no excuses not to go really
  • random memory of past encounters with the wombles away
    it seemed like every trip to plough lane, many moons ago, about 20 minutes into the game it'd kick off in the home end behind the goal, at which point the charlton team would be distracted and we'd let a goal in ...
    and then the charlton boys would be lead around the pitch to the away end ...
    we knew who to pick our fights with lol
  • One time they were led round, an old granny was in the line walking round!

Probably lost got looking for Tesco's!!
  • ticket news on the official site for those interested
  • Getting the 11:27 from Waterloo, getting off at Raynes Park, going to the Wetherspoons across from the station, then getting back on a train to Kingston then going to the Wetherspoons there then getting a bus to the ground
  • That is called commitment Nath
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]That is called commitment Nath

Nah, he's just missing a couple of engine numbers from British Rolling Stock 1998-2003

;-)
  • im going, getting a train from waterloo? , We been ''Asked'' by AFC to stand in one of the terriences if i remember correctly, seating is also available, but as im used to standing in the J block, will be taking the standing option, more good news lads, the away stand has a roof so if it pisses it down its not ganna be a repeat of singing in the rain at yeovill xD!
  • [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Getting the 11:27 from Waterloo, getting off at Raynes Park, going to the Wetherspoons across from the station, then getting back on a train to Kingston then going to the Wetherspoons there then getting a bus to the ground

why not just go straight to the Wetherspoons at Kingston ?....or are you doing a tour of them all
  • Nah just he knows he has to have meat and gravey with his cider so has to go to places that sell food.... nathan= Will from the inbertweeners FACT.
  • Why on earth you would choose to drink in Raynes Park over Kingston is beyond me.
  • especially just to get off to go to a wetherspoons and then carry on to a wetherspoons in kingston...
  • Probably a really stupdid question but would a travelcard Zones 1-6 cover Norbitan?
  • Yup, it'll cover down to Kingston awell
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Yup, it'll cover down to Kingston awell[/quote]

Cheers, just wanted to make 100%