Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

My Mate - Big Artist?

edited July 2010 in Not Sports Related
A friend of mine, an up and coming(well hopefully) artist has released his very first music video and i know some of you on here have a keen eye for music and know your stuff when it comes down to this... He's an addicks fan and i take him with me for a few games and he'd really appreciate it if you just checked out his song and let him know what you think of it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUlWW481O1U (yeah i can't link it ;( ) the song type might not be to your taste but if you just check it out and maybe leave some constructive criticism would be a big help

Thanks!

Comments

• Are you being serious?
  • I like a bit of grime... but in all honesty, quite poor
  • [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]I like a bit of grime... but in all honesty, quite poor

Harsh

a bit rough round the edges but tbh i think the editing could have been better,

i quite liked it got something about it but it needs to be more profesionally done

no way near the finished article and therefore i give it a 7 out of 10

i like this sort of stuff as long as it doesnt get too gangster i think theres a good place for this sound right now
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]I like a bit of grime... but in all honesty, quite poor

Harsh

i quite liked it got something about it but it needs to be more profesionally done

i like this sort of stuff as long as it doesnt get too gangster i think theres a good place for this sound right now

The whole world thinks they're a grime artist at the moment though...
  • My daughter listens to a lot worse than that. I quite liked it which is probably the last thing the artist wanted to hear.
  • [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]I like a bit of grime... but in all honesty, quite poor

Harsh

The whole world thinks they're a grime artist at the moment though...

which is why i think it needs some work very much bedroom editing and it lets it down .. and makes it poor as you say i think that as a track theres something about it

i quite like the music coming out of these areas at the moment got to be better than ndubz out there its a case of finding it i spose

good luck to them
  • Thanks for all your thoughts its all very helpful and much appreicated thanks alot :D
  • Is it not possible to have a UK rapper who isn't copying Americans all the time? Hard life, wants money, girls etc. The whole "scene" needs someone to come up with something new and exciting. This isn't bad as such, its just nothing original
  • Colthe3rd -it sure is, check out some of the artists on Big Dada - Roots Manuva & TY to name but two.
  • Roots Manuva is the nuts. Consistently brilliant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah I like Roots Manuva, looking forward to seeing him at Reading. Sorry I was stereotyping with my last post but artists such as RM are very few and far between in this country
  • words fail me.
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]words fail me.
    I wish they'd failed the bloke in the video...
  • Wasn't too bad when compared to the crap that gets into the charts. Good luck to them.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Roots Manuva is the nuts. Consistently brilliant.

Seeing at reading festival :)
  • Can't comment on the music as it is not my thing, but I'd seriously think about re-making the video. Good luck with it.
  • Mate of mine - George - is a massive artist. Might see if I can post something up on here to show you all, however, that kinda depends on

a) me being sober enough to hold my phone straight; and
    b) him not spotting me and trying to knock my block off; and
    c) me being bothered.

Having typed all this, I don't think it's going to happen. So you'll just have to take my word for it - he's good.
  • [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]I like a bit of grime
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]The whole world thinks they're a grime artist

You need to listen to Kim & the AGster more, then you'll change your mind

GRIME isn't Good FACT!
  • Errrr guys... That song is not grime... Not even close.

The only similarity is that someone is rapping.
  • Sponsored links:

• There is only one King of Grime.

Mr Edward Trebus. Rest In Peace.
  • Its not exactly the Stones is it!
  • Oh I dunno, it's certainly as painful as kidney stones.
  • [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]I like a bit of grime
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]The whole world thinks they're a grime artist

You need to listen to Kim & the AGster more, then you'll change your mind

GRIME isn't Good FACT!

I like pretty much any type of music you can think of bar screamo and classical...
  • [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Errrr guys... That song is not grime... Not even close.

The only similarity is that someone is rapping.

Its the typical grime artist gone mainstream to earn a record contract mate... see it all the time
  • I dont really get the grime references, it's more like RnB to me. Not proper RnB but the recent stuff that they give the same name. Its not my sort of music but even taking that into account it's pretty poor. Unoriginal, boring sample, there's nothing new or fresh here at all and as an aspiring artist that's exactly what you need to be to make it. In addition the video is awful. My response is to politely say dont give up the day job. Sorry.
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Oh I dunno, it's certainly as painful as kidney stones.

it will pass bud ;-)
  • the video looks like a spoof and the music is unoriginal.

but, he's got quite good flow to his rapping, so with a better beat, better lyrics, better everything, he could do some good.
  • The whole grime scene's going commercial, won't get far sorry
  • I'm real confused. This aint no grime tune.

Then again, Skepta thinks his new 'tune' is grime as well.

Honestly, for talent level, I'd put your mate around the same level as J Weezy and everything he does is for jokes. So, really, I'd say it was pretty bad.