Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Unusual kit

Kit design is obviously not an exact science. It appears that most accept Charlton's new home kit as being pretty good ... basic, traditional.
There isn't a whole lot that can be with mostly red and white trim. That goes for other clubs, as well.

Two new unusual kit -- retro, they say -- are Hearts and Sperz.
With Hearts looking like a reverse Ajax kit, and Sperz like an old Buffalo Bills shirts.

Do people like them, or think they are rubbish?

Could you see Charlton playing in a Hearts-like kit, with red instead of maroon and the white in the middle?

Comments

• The Hearts - reverse Ajax kit:
  • quite like them both, spurs one would look better if the blue wasn't at a slant (ala England 1982 kit)
  • I actually really like the Spurs kit.

I feel sick now, dirty.....
  • As much as it pains me to say it - the Spurs kit looks very smart.
  • Hearts kit looks like the Trevor Francis era Birmingham kit they revived recently.

Spurs kit is fussy beyond belief. It's a plain white shirt, hard to mess that up but they have.
  • The Spurs kit without the white V beow the collar would have been fine, but they went a bit too far.....not keen on the other at all....wonder what My mate In Brisbane will make of it when he comes back shortly after 4 years away....a real die hard Hearts fan.
  • Seeing the Spuds on Thursday night at the lane, hopefully see a good standard of football...
  • our survey says ---no (to both)
  • edited July 2010
    Spurs have apparently released SIX new kits this season!
    New home, away and third kits, plus a different sponsored shirt for the cups.
  • Middlesboro are having month by month sponsors. They're selling the shirts blank and fans can have the sponsors printed on month by month (on a new shirt of course) at extra cost
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]Middlesboro are having month by month sponsors. They're selling the shirts blank and fans can have the sponsors printed on month by month (on a new shirt of course) at extra cost

I think A.Madrid did that a few years back.
    They were sponsored by one of the big film companies such as Universal and each month had a new film on their shirts.
  • edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]Middlesboro are having month by month sponsors. They're selling the shirts blank and fans can have the sponsors printed on month by month (on a new shirt of course) at extra cost

Who would prefer being able to purchase shirts without a sponsor on the them?

I know someone who only buys national team shirts because they have no advertising on them. He also has a Barcelona shirt and a few training shirts.
    But if it has advertising, he isn't interested.

He's out of luck with NASCAR, too.

The major North American professional team sports leagues - NFL, NBA, NHL and MLB - don't have advertising on game jersies, other than the supplier logo. But for how much longer?
  • edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Spurs kit is fussy beyond belief. It's a plain white shirt, hard to mess that up but they have.

Agreed. The new Arsenal shirt however is a breath of fresh air, it's traditional and very smart.
  • I like the idea of shirts sold with no sponsor and I think Joma did too given the amount of sponsors names that peeled off their shirts! Thank god we have a new kit manufacturer.
  • edited July 2010
    1860 Munich 150th anniversary shirt
    It's reversable, some people like it, I think it's horrible
    trikotbjub.jpg
    New-Errea-1860-Munich-150th-Anniversary-Football-Shirt-2.jpg
  • i kinda like the idea of a shirt being reversable , so u can have the home and away in one
    however i hate the one above
  • I quite like the Ghana kit from the World Cup:

regular_2009ghanaawayshirt.jpg

Always liked this one as well:

Charlton-89-Away.gif
  • IAIA
    edited July 2010
    Spurs: dislike
    Hearts: hate
    1860 Munich: like a lot. want. edit- for €100, I'm not so sure
    Ghana: like
    Charlton: like
  • I got the the Cameron home one from the W.C, it's quite nice but material is a bit flimsy, got the Argentina away one which is nice and comfy, wanna get some european club jersey, gotta have a look around.
  • Ive got the Blue/Black diagonals away kit with the Woolwich logo......very smart kit

I like the 1860 away side, dont like the collage of pictures version at all
  • Sponsored links:

• I've got Darren Pitcher's blue/black away shirt from the last game of the season away to Plymouth....somewhere in the loft!