Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

First banners

Simple text one, and when Lookout sorts out his design, we're going with that as well.

Here are the first basic designs (before they go to the suppliers art section)

The reason we're going for clear text is that the banner hopefully will be hung from the back of the North Upper, behind the last row of seats, meaning they'll be a fair bit away from people, so the simpler the design, hence the lack of fine design and pictures, making them easier to see. Hopefully they'll be a meter high, the letters are likely to be about 90cm high, using a font called 'Gill San'.

This isn't about choosing one of the designs, hopefully, all 4 designs will be used, it just to check what people think?

What do you think we need to explain, are the banner obvious enough, or will they go over peoples heads? (not the overhead flag, that's another thing!)

So here they are, rough and ready

Banner2.jpg

Comments

• just get that i'm not authorised to view that page mate.
  • One sec, it's about to change!
  • updated
  • I'll get working on my bit as soon as. If it were to hang in The Valley, even once, I'd be over the moon!

I like the banners above a lot and would only suggest that you leave out the commas, especially in the Walsh one. They seem to break up the impact (at least try without and see if it's clear enough).

Good work.
  • Is there a maximum length of the banners? Personally, I'd prefer it if the Mendonca one was "Mendonca 23, 71, 103, Rufus 85", because while Mendonca's hat trick was exceptional, he'd never have got the chance to get the third goal if it hadn't been for Rufus's header.
  • Good point Ali, I think the maximum is about 6 metres, we could make em as long as we want, but we're restricted by the design of the north upper, and the partical issues of a 10/12m banner, I'll speak to Icon when they do the art work for me and the proofs to see if it looks ok, when I get the proofs from Icon, I'll put em up, and see if it works.
  • Ali, just a quick mock up of what it might look like, but I'll post the revised art work when Icon Design have done it

Wembley.jpg
  • @Rothko: Anything you want me to consider, colour, design-wise, apart from making it horizontal?
  • Rothko, that'd do for me :-)
  • Lookout, hmmm, Keep it simple, after wandering round the Valley this evening, the less detail the better, but but but, there isn't much black used in the Gill San designs, so wasn't there a design with the words in white on black, with the sword on Red?

If so, that might just be the winner.

As for font, clean and easy to see, I've flipped and flopped on font, and ended up on Gill San, so something along those lines?
    No Arial though, banned!
  • Sponsored links:

• Is it true that while in the north upper you launched into a chorus of "is that all you take away"?

I have just tested the banners on my seven year old son. He wasn't sure what the first Mendonca one was but when he saw Rufus added said "that's the Wembley final". He knew that the next two were from "that song" and that the last was "Charlton v Portsmouth". So it works.

Agree about the Rufus thing and the punctuation. think 5.12.92 works better than 5/12/92 as well. Were you still planning the Lee, 4.26pm 21.9.85? to go with it or do we need this lot to stump up some more cash NOW? That was you lot to stump up more cash NOW!

I've had a few other ideas but they will have to wait until we have more cash.

"live, love, laugh and be happy"

"Seed, Lawrence, Curbs, Dowie"

"That Ben Hayes is doing a really good job as Supporters' Director. I enjoy his light hearted but informative articles in the Kentish Times" and it's such a shame that he won't be standing for another two years"
  • No B-Mob banner?
  • has the killer one been dropped ?
  • edited October 2006
    Henry,

The Lee goal time is something which has me a bit confused, my hazy memory remembers the half time demo, did that delay the game? if so the Lee goal time is a bit up in the air.

the Ben Hayes banner, hmmm, I was thinking 'Roberts and Hayes 4eva' What you think?

A mock of the Lee one
    leebanner.jpg
  • The Killer one is the big overhead flag, that'll be the next thing, run before we can walk, get these ones sorted, and then the overhead flag
  • I applaud your efforts.
  • What happened to the 'Live by the Sword' one or is that being used elsewhere? Best of the lot IMO.
  • I love all the Flags, different class simple & to the point. However, you have not done one for the Plastics or Happy Clappers, what about a Valley Express one or Red Army ?
  • i liked the live by the sword one as well best
  • [cite] Stone:[/cite]What happened to the 'Live by the Sword' one or is that being used elsewhere? Best of the lot IMO.

I agree Stone dude. That was a wicked banner.
  • Sponsored links:

• or "Cllr Roberts is not our friend" : ) The Greenwich watch site is fun!!! Mentions Casion Avenue. Whatever happened to that?

Che/Killer flag to come and if we can get Burro to get back to us. Anyone know Olaf Parkers phone or seat number?

Does anyone have the video tape of the last game at the Valley that CASC put out.
    1. can you run the timer from kick off (3.00 pm) and see what the time was when Lee scored
    2. Can you make me a CD copy of it
  • As soon as Lookout re does the design work, it's going up!
  • [cite] Henry Irving:[/cite]or "Cllr Roberts is not our friend" : ) The Greenwich watch site is fun!!! Mentions Casion Avenue. Whatever happened to that?

Che/Killer flag to come and if we can get Burro to get back to us. Anyone know Olaf Parkers phone or seat number?

Does anyone have the video tape of the last game at the Valley that CASC put out.
    1. can you run the timer from kick off (3.00 pm) and see what the time was when Lee scored
    2. Can you make me a CD copy of it

i would like to see that vid if anyone has it??
  • Henry - What happened to the "well behaved fans" payout we got at the end of last season?
  • I can't say just now as we are waiting for Premier League approval for the areas where it will be spent.
  • ??? - Surely it's "our" money

Sue didn't say it came with any conditions!
  • Can you give us a clue?

Go on, i know you're itching to tell someone!
  • everyone is going to get a free miniture bag of peanuts, that you get on an aeroplane.

LOCKED ON
  • Can we invest the money in gold and then split it all between ST holders?
  • surely that'd be against H&S rules. we could throw them at the players/stewards.