Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs. MK Dons - No Preview (but there's still a poll and the chance for you to spout...)

WSSWSS
edited September 2010 in General Charlton
No time to write a full preview I'm afraid but the OS does a pretty good job regardless: http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=36692.

There is no doubt that this is a weird "must-win" game. If not for the team and it's ambitions this season but for Parky and the supporter's sanity. It would be agreat to get a decent performance under the lights and if we manage anything close to the same result last season then we may believe that famous "gel" is finally setting...

Injury worries are ravaging our squad so it's going to have to be a hard fought victory over a team which has had a similar start to the season ourselves. Come on Benson - please get a goal.

Come on you reds.

Comments

• I've gone for a Dons win - sorry but with the injury crisis and strikers who can't I just do not see us getting anything out of this - but with adversity comes courage so maybe, just maybe they will turn it around, but I'm not tempting fate!
  • Another messy draw.
  • well our chances certainly aren't helped with this information -

parky - "Pawel should be ready for Tuesday so things are looking brighter."
  • i've gone for a win , the law of averages states,(well my footballing brain) that no matter how shit our coaching is, that good players dont turn bad overnight (although that is definitely possible at charlton) and i think we have enough about us to win this .... dont know who is injured but the goals will arrive from any 2 of these francis , anyinsah, benson and abbott
  • [cite]Posted By: matt88[/cite]well our chances certainly aren't helped with this information -

parky - "Pawel should be ready for Tuesday so things are looking brighter."

better than Benson so far in my opinion. Feel he could work well with Anyinsah. Gone for a Dons win, just can't see us scoring enough to win and we are always likely to give away a goal or two.
  • Thankfully were a slightly different team under Robinson than Ince, although Robinson is unfortunately reaping the rewards of Ince's poor choice of words at many post match press conferences that are being thrown back at him.

We too are suffering indifference in front of goal, our top striker is out and the other three are either returning to fitness, scared of shooting or unable to stand up.

We'll have shed loads of possession tonight that'll probably lead to nothing much but the upside the good news is that we could finally see our best centre back pairing together for the first time.

After last seasons whooping at the Valley I'll be happy with a point tonight while we're on a very difficult run of games; Brighton, Southampton, Rochdale, Birmingham City, Peterborough, You, Colchester and You again.
  • [cite]Posted By: FAT Dons[/cite]Thankfully were a slightly different team under Robinson than Ince, although Robinson is unfortunately reaping the rewards of Ince's poor choice of words at many post match press conferences that are being thrown back at him.

welcome FAT. I may be dense but I don't understand how what Ince said at press conferences can be thrown back at Karl Robinson. Explain please.
  • Surprising that after last weeks poll when I voted, 87 percent were going for a Charlton win...... one draw later and 72hours further on almost a reversable situation with people tipping Charlton to lose. Who say's Charlton fans are fickle!........

I think we may just nick it myself........still we will see. If we cannot beat the Dons at home who are 1 point above us,then the heat will be on Parky........ But if we win we could get into the playoff positions then I suppose evreyone will be putting parky on there Christmas list and wanting to bring on the Arsenal!. I appreciate we must beat teams at home like MK Dons, but this league is to say the least poor!.
  • edited September 2010
    Looking forward to tonight. It'll be my first opportunity to see some of our new players. Hopefully we can prove that we can dig out results in autumn/winter. If this side settles I think we'll have a better winter than last season, they certainly look a more competitive squad on paper.

Anyways I'm with a few other's here a tortuous draw.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Another messy draw.
    That, with more talk on Parky's future all week. If most/none of the doubts make it we could struggle. That would then mean we have no one to bring on to change our attacking play.

This isn't a game we should expect to dominate. Should be close and it'll probably be down to that bit of quality to get a goal or one of those moments that changes a game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Big fat win to charlton, by big i mean 3-1 benson to score 2, sodje to come on get the other

COYR
  • Gone for a win, if only so Parky gets a repreave so to speak, I really want him to do well, but if we lose tonight I think he will get some more flak. He needs Benson to repay him, he was Parky's purchase so he has got to start delivering, can't see it though!

5-0 to us!!
  • Cant wait only my 2nd game this season and refuse to write off Benson after less than 5 games!!

We'll nick it 2-1 it wont be pretty but i'll be happy
  • MK Dons win. We simply aren't good enough all over the pitch. 1-2.
  • Also going for a 2-1. I'm hoping for a 'strength in adversity' response. May need a reminder of where AFKA's stored the razor blades though.
  • My first game this season and am looking forward to it with a hideously large sense of optimism. It will be a win with a jolly atmosphere.
  • 2-1 home win despite every effort of the ref and linos (who will all be wearing their mkdons shirts underneath their official kit) to secure an away point,parky and his merry band will triumph against all the odds and stick it to all that ever doubted this legend in the making.akpo will have a blatent penalty controversially turned down denying him of a certain hat-trick.

it won't be pretty or exciting,but who really cares.3 points is all that's required any which way we can.all the results above us will go in our favour and we'll be back amongst it.teams will start to fear our name.this is our time.carpe diem.

no more mr nice guy from parky ,we'll see his true colours tonight.
  • Bad vibes about tonight. A draw at best more probably a defeat. We are always likely to concede and I'm not sure where the goals are coming from.

I intend being there regardless.
  • If Benson plays he really has to score soon otherwise he will fast become the next McLeod/Varney etc

Hopefully Aynisah is fit as his pace unsettles people and he is very direct. Racon plays again like he did on Saturday, getting forward to join attacks.

I think we'll get a narrow win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is parky banned tonight after being sent to the stands on Saturday?
  • Non gelling messy draw, concluding in many near suicides. Giving this one a miss for my own sanity.
  • Any score is possible but I'm not expecting better than a draw. I made the point last week about too many draws but I've pretty much given up on the team realising that it is better to lose a few more if you win a few more. We set up to be over cautious and above all else not lose. Last season we lost less games than Norwich and Leeds -both went up automatically :(
  • No idea on the score after Saturday's performance. Which Charlton team will turn-up? The team that played very well in the first half on Saturday and looked good, or the second half team who looked no better than a Conference outfit? Hoping for a half-decent ref.
  • I would say played well for first half hour rather than first half. We certainly took the foot of the gas after then when IMO D&R where there to be thrashed. Still lets make sure we don't lose it eh?
  • [cite]Posted By: Tutt-Tutt[/cite]No idea on the score after Saturday's performance. Which Charlton team will turn-up? The team that played very well in the first half on Saturday and looked good, or the second half team who looked no better than a Conference outfit? Hoping for a half-decent ref.

this........I have no idea what to expect tonight, team wise or performance wise....

Would love a real 'under the lights' performance and a 3 or 4 - 0 trounching with the strikers getting off the mark and all looking rosy (wouldn't we all eh)

Expect a tough game (mind you we tend to play better against the supposed better sides) MK Dons and Huddersfield at home last season spring to mind....can see this one being another 2-2
  • Well unless we can raise our game several notches above what we served up on Sat we have no chance, as MK Dons are a considerably better side than D&R.

I know what WSS means about a must-win for the sake of supporters' sanity.

But I fear this one is going to be three points down the swanee and we're going to be driven further round the bend. Whether that will leave Parky up a creek without a paddle, I don't know. But I know that I do love mixed metaphors!
  • Wasnt it last year when we played Franchise FC at home after drawing at gillingham, losing at carlise, losing to Northwich and Southampton in JPT that everyone was getting worried about where we would finish the Parky out cries,
    I fancy us to win again not 5-1 as last year but maybe 1-0 or 2-1, COYR