Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How long you known fellow lifers

As i approach the magical 40 in a couple of weeks, it's got me reflecting how long i've followed Charlton home and away regularly. It means I've known BOOGICA,WHENIWASLITTLEBOY,OOHAAH,MORTSGENIUS,DAVEMEHMET,BALD ONE,TAVERN and many more I've probably not mentioned for over 20 years,feck me I feel old,but without Charlton I wouldn't have made these acquatances, so thank you Charlton.

Comments

• i have known you from afar for many years lol
  • Crikey NSS, you wipper snapper! You're a mere boy ;-)

I've known Curb_it for nearly thirty years!!!!! Although i wasn't brave enough to talk to her that often. She was way too cool for me :-)

I've known Dartfordgent for a few years without realising!!!!
  • I'll add DA9 & Falconwood 1 to that list as well, and Terry Naylor
  • Good shout Steve!!

Jeez!

NLA 30 years
    Half glass empty 26 years
    Charltonparklane 22 years
    On-it 22 years
    AFKA 20 years

And i'm pretty sure there are quite a few bods on here that I have known for over 20 years but don't know there real names??
  • mortsgenius, threadkiller, GHE, falconwood1, cheeseroll - 20+ years.
    oohaah's dad used to drink in same pub as my dad (gawd bless the yorkshire grey) in late 70's so met him when we was primary school age.
    peakierocket - about 10 years.

recognise loads of people from away turnouts in mid-late 80's but don't know names.
  • Glass half empty, 30 years....how old does that make you feel matt.
  • Too bloody long..............
  • NLA 35 years
    Glass half empty about 23 years
    Fat rob 20 odd years
    AFKA about 20 years
  • I said to the Mrs on Saturday....that lady over there, I can remember her coming to games when she was much younger with her Dad....turns out it was KBslittlesis....

Loads of faces I know from going to away games in the 70's/80's/90's but I dont know either their real or CL names....
  • Dowman - 26 Years
    Les Berry's tash/bald1 - 28 years
    1905 - 20 years
    NSS - circa 20 years (although seems like longer!)
    Tavern - Somewhere between 20-25 years
    Morts Genius & Oohaah - about 20 years
  • Sponsored links:

• What he's not saying is how he recognised me. The boat race may have a few lines but my lungs still sound like a kid ;-)

Its funny how many faces you recognise but have never known their names. Especially the ones from Sellout.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]As i approach the magical 40 in a couple of weeks, it's got me reflecting how long i've followed Charlton home and away regularly. It means I've known BOOGICA,WHENIWASLITTLEBOY,OOHAAH,MORTSGENIUS,DAVEMEHMET,BALD ONE,TAVERN and many more I've probably not mentioned for over 20 years,feck me I feel old,but without Charlton I wouldn't have made these acquatances, so thank you Charlton.

Bloody hell Steve, youre just a sprog!
  • Rudders 22 - 4 years i think

others only on here really but obviously met a couple of other lifers
  • edited October 2010
    we're all old ........

even johnnybev who pretends he isn't ;-)
  • Oh and Steve, nothing magical about turning 40 mate, you wait and see what they tell you at the well man clinic!!!!!!!
    Lmao
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]we're all old ........

even johnnybev who pretends he isn't ;-)

no i dont! i just look old still young in my books dont have to grow up just yet :P
  • Well I know no one ...
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]40 u old bstd

You forgot to add miserable.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]Well I know no one ...

too young
  • NSS 40 is about as believeable as Riscardo's 27
  • Oakster, Clem_Snide, AFKA, Razil, Riscardo - about 13 years or so - via the old 'Pink Oboe' mailing list and the growth of the (once) mighty CIFC...
  • Majority of the people i know on here i've only really known in the last 4-5years since this started.

Before that

25+ years - rhinosvalley, johnboyuk, Hillsy Up

20 years - NLA, Eltham, Swerve, Heath Hero, Large, Stop shouting, falconwood1, Terry naylor, Boycie, eddieaddick, werebyfarthegreatest, fatrob, jimmy melrose, H&G, fog horn, larry the lamb

15 years - Fanny, BDL

8 - 13 years - Dave mehmet, Curb It, WSS Charlton Charlie, Dave Storry, Riscardo, Spankie, Clem side, 1905, Razil, mistrollingin, Kigelia, Thommo, Rothko, Bukshee, Oakster, GHE, Steve Dowman, DA9, Chrlton Dan, Solidgone, Afternoon delight, medders, Pork pie, LTGTR, Goonerhater, Stone, Suzi, 3Blokes, Salad, Carling, Randy Andy, All thaid Up, Quintusboss, les says, danepak, T, Ledge etc

About ten of us going Brentford on Saturday, don't think i've really known any of them more than 4-5 years. From that i work out people seem to have about a 5-year tolerance with me !
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite] people seem to have about a 5-year tolerance with me !

Are you surprised people you have known the best part of 20 years you call a peado and a rapist ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]NSS 40 is about as believeable as Riscardo's 27

I am sure he was 28 recently..

;)
  • Apart from my Cousin who posts as Valleyaddick who I have know well pretty much my whole life, only Carlsberg & Carter on here did I know before coming on here.
  • Known Alex Wright the longest as he's the only one of the those I go/used to go with who post on here.

Known Large since the early 90s and MOG since the 80s.
  • Blimey that explaines why paul is called miserable.. ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Apart from my Cousin who posts as Valleyaddick who I have know well pretty much my whole life, only Carlsberg & Carter on here did I know before coming on here.

What about Rick, your dad?