Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Vs France

Whos gunna win

Comments

• Or mores to the point who's gonna bother watching this pointless friendly?
  • I'll watch a bit of it, I rekon 2-0 England, or 2-1
  • all france

0-1 benzema
  • Why did we not play our better players?
    How on earth can Boothroyd be in the team ahead of Defoe, Crouch, Bent?
    I can understand blooding a few 'new' players but that was too much.

Why did we stand off them and give them so much space, especially in the first half?

How can we show so little fight?

Why do we so often play the pace of game that the opposition like?

Personally I've had enough of Capello. We were crap in the World Cup and I don't see that changing. I have a lot of patience with managers generally (I've always supported Parkinson despite bad results) but I just don't see the point of continuing with Capello. We were good in qualifying for the World Cup but since that we've got worse.

And this was not as Bedsaddick says 'a pointless friendly.' An England v France match (like v Germany or Scotland) is never a friendly. It's an international match against one of our greatest rivals. The French commentators were taking the piss out of us and rightly so. I even had to agree with that w*****r Wenger on this occasion. Get in some English manager with some pride and passion. It's a disgrace.
  • It were toss it were...complete toss, ooh ahh ooh ahh!
  • France were great - Nasri was brilliant, all over the pitch. Just like watching Arsenal. I thought. Good game, really entertaining. Capello out - I'm missing the Svenmeister, never thought I'd say that
    England plusses - Adam Johnson was good, Stevie Gerrard was good - as I'm typing this listening to 606 it's like an echo.
    Charlton are brilliant at the moment. Never thought I'd say that.
  • [cite]Posted By: Petefromcornwall[/cite]France were great - Nasri was brilliant, all over the pitch. Just like watching Arsenal. I thought. Good game, really entertaining. Capello out - I'm missing the Svenmeister, never thought I'd say that
    England plusses - Adam Johnson was good, Stevie Gerrard was good - as I'm typing this listening to 606 it's like an echo.
    Charlton are brilliant at the moment. Never thought I'd say that.

I miss Bobby Robson.

Sven & Capello are toss.
  • Bobby Robson.... brilliant...

always thought it was a mistake to have him go into Italia 90 knowing it was all over after that due to his euro exit...

Best manager for a long long time..
  • Capello out. I've had enough of Capello. Capello out. I've had enough of Capello.Capello out. I've had enough of Capello.Capello out. I've had enough of Capello.Capello out. I've had enough of Capello.Capello out. I've had enough of Capello.Capello out. I've had enough of Capello.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Give the job to an Englishman for heaven's sake.
  • Wasn't watching properly but another typical boring England friendly.

Don't get frustrated by England games any more. More excited about our chances in the JPT.
  • Sponsored links:

• Watched a bit. Same old same old from England so turned over to The Apprentice.
  • Blaming Cappello is ridiculous and misses the point completely.

Look at the amount of brilliantly gifted young players that the French produce who go on to play for the biggest clubs in Europe in the Champions League.

Then look at us, one of our better is Adam Johnson, he can't even get in the Man City side regularly because they prefer to play David Silva.

Their youth development is light years ahead of ours, look at the way they keep the ball, we don't have players anywhere near that level of technical ability.

In reality, I sometimes feel would be as well appointing an Allardyce type manager and just play a proper English style game, direct, physical and fast and be damned with it.
  • Gerrard was good? Had a shocker from where I was sitting. Missed two sitters and ball after ball given away.
  • I had France 3-1 at 40/1, was peed off.

Shambles
  • Also, Stat from The Sun, Gareth Barry 43 games played for England, 8 Shots on Target, James Milner 14 Games for England, 2 on Target.

Gareth Barry, in terms of club, Transfer fee, Wages, IMO is the most overated player in the Prem
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Gerrard was good? Had a shocker from where I was sitting. Missed two sitters and ball after ball given away.

I can't believe that Steve "Hollywood Passes Only" Gerrard would ever be guilty of giving the ball away!!!
  • It a shambles and soon wembley will be the most toxic environment in world football..

Have we ever seen 90000 boo before??
  • I think capello picked quite a few from just outside his preferred squad to show "look I haven't got much depth or competition to this squad that's why I pick the same players cos there really is feck all out there" imo
  • interesting... and quite possibly correct..

Just watched the highlights and we are in my opinion outside the top ten in the world for sure... absolute shower.. if France had stepped it up properley could have been 4...

very poor.. BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol
  • Didn't watch any of it last night, nor for most of England games as they are hold zero interest from me. It's been that way since 2006, and then didn't qualify for the Euros. Same performance game after game.

Capello is leaving come the end of the Euros so I actually don't really see the point of him continuing to pick up £5m wages. He isn't really building towards a world cup winning team as he isn't here (plus it's in Brazil so no chance)

Though I admit Capello isn't helped by the fact that we just aren't very good. And that won't change for the foreseeable future either
  • Sponsored links:

• my only gripe is we use these games as 'experiments', he plays carroll and bothroyd before crouch, lurch comes on a scores AGAIN and then when the competetive games start he still doesnt play him. so whats the point?!
  • Meaningless friendly. How many competitive games have England lost under Capello?
  • [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]Gareth Barry, in terms of club, Transfer fee, Wages, IMO is the most overated player in the Prem

Gareth Barry makes Tom Huddlestone look like Usain Bolt.
    As for England, dont watch and wont watch anymore.
  • Friendlies are pointless. You can be sure that players from the prem suddenly pick up mysterious "knocks" and can't play only to play in the next Prem game. Does this happen in other countries?
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]my only gripe is we use these games as 'experiments', he plays carroll and bothroyd before crouch, lurch comes on a scores AGAIN and then when the competetive games start he still doesnt play him. so whats the point?!
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]How on earth can Boothroyd be in the team ahead of Defoe, Crouch, Bent?

No player should be getting in the squad by default. Crouch being a member of the squad should be questioned given he only scored his first Premiership goal of the season at the weekend. Bothroyd and Carroll deserved their chance in my opinion. People can harp on about 'international class' all they want but if you're not going to pick players who are on form and playing better than all other English players are at the moment then we'll be making the same selection mistakes we've been making for years.

Didn't watch the game and I'm glad I didn't. As soon as you saw the lineup it was obvious it was never going to work. I'd rather have the England U21 1st/2nd/3rd choice right back playing at right back than playing Jagielka there. That's not to say I don't think Jagielka is a good player, but he's not a sodding right back. How difficult is it to play players in their strongest position? If a player's favourite position isn't available then don't play them ffs. Sven did it all the time and Capello does the same.
  • dabos i see what your saying and that works in principal, but crouch scores almost everytime he sticks an england shirt on. We need to use him more and these frendlies shouldnt be used to try out championship strikers, they should be used to find a way of shaping the team around our biggest goal threat.....who is peter crouch. Ronney upfront is capellos first choice formation and i cant see him changing that. But he needs a 'plan B'...something we didnt have in the WC and last night was a perfect opportunity, especially with the wingers we have, to give crouch plus 1 a go upfront.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]dabos i see what your saying and that works in principal, but crouch scores almost everytime he sticks an england shirt on. We need to use him more and these frendlies shouldnt be used to try out championship strikers, they should be used to find a way of shaping the team around our biggest goal threat.....who is peter crouch. Ronney upfront is capellos first choice formation and i cant see him changing that. But he needs a 'plan B'...something we didnt have in the WC and last night was a perfect opportunity, especially with the wingers we have, to give crouch plus 1 a go upfront.

It's a delicate balance between playing players on form and those that have performed well for England in the past, but may not be playing well domestically.

I don't have a problem with Bothroyd playing for a Championship side. He should be playing Premiership football next season, and he's performing better than many other English strikers he's competing with for a place in the squad. The only player who should feel a bit hard done by is Kevin Davies, who is playing very well for Bolton.
  • I really cant see how gareth barry gets in ahead of Scott Parker
  • I think it's time for Barry to retire from international football, i'm not making him a scapegoat as there were plenty of other non performers for England but he is consistently rubbish. In the world cup we were told it was because he wasn't fully fit, but he plays every week for City and IMO he has got worse for England. His time was up for me when Ozil made him look like Phil Chapple in the world cup.

Also we are constantly told that the premier league is the best league in the world, yet we have now resorted to picking a Championship striker.

We will never go anywhere as a footballing nation until we can find a playmaker like Ozil, Nasri, Sneijder, Van der Vaart, Iniesta.

Too much emphasis is put on our youngsters to have pace and power, there is next to no emphasis on technique. I'm 31 and even when i was 9 or 10, the big kid with power would be selected over the little skilful kid. That hasn't changed 20 years later.
  • ValleyGary, can you correct me on this one? I don't know if I'm wrong or right but I always had the feeling that Crouch's scoring record was mostly against the Kazakhstans and Trinidad & Tobagos of this world rather than France, Holland etc. Maybe I'm wrong about that, and he did score last night, but thought I'd ask.

I don't watch England much, but France played the ball around them last night. It's more than one playmaker that's needed.