Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

kyel reid

edited January 2011 in General Charlton
http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/sport.cfm?id=3484&headline=Reid%20waits%20on%20Charlton%20contract%20talks

Comments

• WSSWSS
    edited January 2011
    I hate agents.
  • surely powell will wanna keep him?

he hasnt lived up to his potential so far but if powell can tap into it and reid stay fit then he's one of the best players in the division.
  • Tony Finnigan...........hated him as a player for Palarse and now as a agent, he is always moving his players around to make a few quid
  • reidy should go out there and earn a new contract!!
  • Hasnt been that impressive has he......agree with Geecare, if he wants a new contract, earn it.
  • I think he is a very good player who we should try and hold on to. My ownly critisism is that he is very inconsistent. Sometimes he is great, and other times he is piss poor. Although, dont forget he hasnt been starting much due to the fact that jackson has been playing very well on the left wing this season.

Perhaps we can play him behind a striker, and let him play a free role. He could be the creator if you like, with racon waggy and jackson supporting? (semedo as defensive CM)
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I hate agents.
    Yeah, looking to make sure his client has employment in 5 months' time. Vultures.
  • He was our best player before he twisted his ankle, then Jackson started scoring and he lost his place, and now he seems to have lost all confidence which for a winger is never good.
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]He was our best player before he twisted his ankle, then Jackson started scoring and he lost his place, and now he seems to have lost all confidence which for a winger is never good.

Spot on.

Confidence is crucial for a player like Reid. I'm sure Chris Powell is fully aware and will put the requisite arm round the shoulder when needed.
  • it's down to us to either honour the previous contract offer or he's gonna look around

as much as agents are hated, the guy is only doing his job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Here we go test the water time

I like reidy, liked his family when i met them.

I think he is a good player and i would like to keep him

But do you know what i dont think it would be that much of a loss if he went

Ducks for cover
  • Need to keep him, even if he's not making the starting line up he would be the first player you would look to to come off the bench and make an impact.
  • when did he last make a impact coming of the bench?
  • Got to sign him up.

Give him his confidence back and he would easily be championship standard

And 23 year old left footed English players are a rarity these days

Harriot is very very similar but isn't yet ready so keeping Reidy is important
  • Nowt to do with confidence. Fry doesn't get forward so he gets doubled up on
  • This is an interesting one , I was quite excited when we resigned Reidy . I thought he was secured for two years.I also hate Finnigan who seems to do this with all of his players

Murray said in the summer that he came on a 50% wage reduction because of Parky . That said ,Sir Chris played with him at West Ham and specifically mentioned him as a player he knew when he joined . The Bear hug showed there is a genuine rapport in my view . Although Jackson has the slot there may be times where Kyel's pace could improve us and produce something like he did against MK Dons with his cross for Benson .

Kyel is a natural left footer which will always make him usefull in squad terms in my opinion . He can always offer balance and something different .

There is another element to this and that is the possible emergence of Callum Harriott who although only 16 seems to impress everyone who has seen him play.
  • Sign him up because I think Powell can get in his head and help him find his form from the end of last season... because we need that Kyel back
  • [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]Nowt to do with confidence. Fry doesn't get forward so he gets doubled up on

Speaking of Fry, what's going to happen with him? isn't his loan contract up or have I lost track yet again?
  • Up in Feb.
  • So Fry could go anyday soon, interesting times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Unless we've got an extremely good card up our sleeves, and even if we have, we need to keep Fry.

With Bridge on £80k pw to play left back and Upson and Tomkins at CB I can't see him getting in their team this season unless there is an injury crisis
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Up in Feb.

on 8th Feb which, by pure coincidence, is when the loan window re-opens.
  • Simple truth is that the TEAM plays better without Reidy - Jackson in left mid strengthens us both defensively and in attack. Reid undoubtedly has talent, but I am concrened re his application. Didn't someone on here say he thinks he's too good for us/ this league? I'd be sorry if he went, but not devastated.
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Didn't someone on here say he thinks he's too good for us/ this league?

id be suprised. in his interviews he's always come across as honest nice lad and grateful for charlton giving him a chance. the one on Sky after JPT game away at MK Dons springs to mind.
  • I liked reid a lot last season and was glad we got him in on a permanent basis. He gives us something different on the left wing and options is never a bad thing. Unless he (or his agent) is making ridiculous demands, I don't see why we wouldn't offer him the contract.
  • Talking about all this new contract business with Reid, does anyone know what's happened to Semedo's and Racon's new deals? Would love to have all 3 signed up and to be here next season, not matter what league we're in.
  • No news yet and I'm sure the club would have announced it if they had signed new deals.
  • Talented and one of our best players, We should do what we can to keep him.
  • Looks like the agent is doing his job - reading between the lines talks were progressing, Parky got sacked and then I presume things were put on hold ahead of the new manager coming in.
  • Would like us to keep him.