Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

****STOP PRESS***** 29 jan - ROCHDALE OFF*******

edited January 2011 in General Charlton
Just been told, anyone know if this is true?

Comments

• Yes its true
  • yup, the lord deemed we would never play today, gave us southampton then took them away, gave us rochdale abandoned today ...twas never to be
  • got a message from a mate who was flying up. Thought he was joking!!!
  • whys it off?
  • Frozen Pitch.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]whys it off?[/quote]

Frozen pitch
  • sigh

i watched the Bury game on sky last night and it did look extra cold. the pitch was like concrete.

we could do without fixture conjestion.
  • Neither club's website has any confirmation of this, but the BBC says it's postponed due to frozen pitch.

I was just about to leave the house and go up there
  • [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Neither club's website has any confirmation of this, but the BBC says it's postponed due to frozen pitch.

Charlton have confirmed it on Twitter. Guess it'll be on the website soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Neither club's website has any confirmation of this, but the BBC says it's postponed due to frozen pitch.

Charlton have confirmed it on Twitter. Guess it'll be on the website soon.

Thanks for that.
  • Just announced on 5live too. Gutted for the fans already on the way there.
  • Feel sorry for the fans that are travelling
  • At least it was called off at 9:20.
    Think if d'urso had been ref ?
  • Jeeez, this never use to happen a few years back...it may be frozen at 9 am, but get some hair dryers on it an it wud probs ne fine at 3pm!
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ishgit[/cite]At least it was called off at 9:20.
    Think if d'urso had been ref ?

exactly
  • pub league, park pitches

wouldn't happen in the prem
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]pub league, park pitches

wouldn't happen in the prem

Then add it to the list of excuses

For anyone up there, other matches on are Bolton v Wigan and Burnley v Burton.
  • It wouldnt suprise me if only a very small part was frozen...wen i use to play for a team we always played on frozen pitches..
  • I can confirm that it is bloody cold up here this morning!
  • Sponsored links:

• Brilliant. Another game to add to the already congested fixture list. This will prob be a night game now
  • It will proably now be on the 15 th March, the first date for the rearrangement .
  • Bloody annoyed, my last game before I go back. Got as far as the M1 with Tel when we got the news, was really looking forward to it.
  • gutted :(((((
  • Got two mates in a pub in Rochdale already, can't get the train back til 18:10!
  • Had just got on M1 when a charlton fan driving past waving and shouting that the game was off!
  • At least it was called off early. What am I going to do with a shed load of fresh chocolate brownies though?
  • BBC website reports it at 11:19 yesterday!
  • edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Got two mates in a pub in Rochdale already, can't get the train back til 18:10!

Mates are on the 9.00, they has been told they can get any train back, as long as they are good boys.
  • available dates are
    tuesday 22 feb (we are away on the friday)
    tuesday 29 mar

on the 15 march rochdale now have a fixture.