Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

funnily enough I can see us giving Orient a hammering on saturday

edited March 2011 in General Charlton
Always think about winning the next game but I think we will end our "without a win draught" against orient saturday. The return of BWP and Benson upfront (benson sounded up for it against Rochdale) and now the feeling that we having nothing to loose, no pressure because we are almost certainly not in the play offs. Its been a frustrating season and we have now lost more games than we have won, but who knows if we win saturday there are still 7/8 games where we could just about sneak the playoffs. Its very unlikely we would have to win all those games but it could happen...You have to be optomistic.

Comments

• me too thinking that dave21 ;)
  • lol funny plaaayer
  • [cite]Posted By: Dave2l[/cite]Always think about winning the next game but I think we will end our "without a win draught"

Put the Draught Excluder in goal, and you could be right :-)
  • Orient's season is starting to unravel a bit - they've had a great run but have run out of steam a bit so if we can put in a decent performance (like those at the game say we did last night) then three points is there for the taking
  • Bless... but you know as well as i do that we will lose 0-1 on Saturday, conceding a goal from a corner.
  • funny that i said Saints would do that
  • We won't keep a clean sheet so to win we have to score 2.

If we give them setplays, corners etc we will concede more than 1.

Orient are coming off the back of a poor result against Yeovil (with 10 men). They will react, they will have around 1500 here making more noise than our 8000.

two goal defeat. With atleast one coming from a setplay.
  • I don't. Think orient will walk all over us even if they have had a slip up lately
  • Funnily enough, I can't.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: mistrollingin[/cite]Funnily enough, I can't.

Is that because of ....the mist rolling in?
    Might do us a favour if we're losing in the fog and the game abandoned.

;o)
  • Ok realisitically its not gana happen weve got a sloppy defence and vunerable from set peices etc. We have to win at some point though and for some reason I think its gana be this saturday.
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]We won't keep a clean sheet so to win we have to score 2.

This has to be my biggest frustration at the moment, the fact that we simply cannot keep a 0.

And the fact we're shit.
  • Not voted for a win in the polls for weeks because we have been shite but I just have a feeling we will beat the O's on saturday. Not hammer them but a comfy 2 - 0
  • We are normally the team others beat to regain some form.

I full expect Orient to be pumped up and recover from last week and beat us with a late goal
  • we couldn't hammer a nail
  • Im just glad that "Orient`s season is starting to unravel" i mean ours is on such a solid base at the moment .
  • Matt Spring suspended so we must have a chance without their midfield general.

Didn't he score a winning goal to end our last long no wins streak?
  • own goal perhaps and a derby...your on to something
  • oh shit his suspended
  • Sponsored links:

• I was confident of us winning last night. What do I bloody know?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: mistrollingin[/cite]Funnily enough, I can't.[/quote]

;o)[/quote]

Funny you should say that Oggy. The first match I ever went to in January 1962 the mist was swirling about then, so it's always been part of the magic for me.
  • edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: mistrollingin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mistrollingin[/cite]Funnily enough, I can't.

Funny you should say that Oggy. The first match I ever went to in January 1962 the mist was swirling about then, so it's always been part of the magic for me.
    Part of the magic, Misty ..... I like that.
    Remember the stench of the glue factory across the river, when the wind was in the wrong direction?
  • [cite]Posted By: Dave2l[/cite]we are almost certainly not in the play offs

Most optomistic thing I've ever read !
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: mistrollingin[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: mistrollingin[/cite]Funnily enough, I can't.[/quote]

Might do us a favour if we're losing in the fog and the game abandoned.[/quote]
    Funny you should say that Oggy. The first match I ever went to in January 1962 the mist was swirling about then, so it's always been part of the magic for me.[/quote]
    Part of the magic, Misty ..... I like that.
    Remember the stench of the glue factory across the river, when the wind was in the wrong direction?[/quote]

Remember that as well Oggy. Funny how things make such a huge impression on you when you are young. I can still remember getting excited when the bloke used to put up the half time scores on the board at the top of the east terrace so I could write them in my programme. Halcyon days indeed.
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Im just glad that "Orient`s season is starting to unravel" i mean ours is on such a solid base at the moment .

Ours unravelled about six weeks ago!
  • Not sure about hammer but I certainly think we have a better chance than we would have 2 weeks ago. Our performances have got slightly better (they could not have got worse) as players have come in and started to bed in- Solly, Bessone and Parrett for example are improving with every game. Last night, was the first time in a while I think we were the better side for more than the odd 10min spell.

As for Orient, they were very lucky to draw with Daggers last week with 11 men, on Sat they were already a goal down when Spring went off but not sure they would have won anyway. Maybe the wheels have fallen off, which is unsurprising with their squad and amount of games they have played since xmas.

3 of their 4 defeats in their last 20 odd games have been 0-5 Brighton, 0-5 Arsenal and 1-5 Yeovil, Not sure if we will score 5 though.
  • I used to dream of scoring 5 ........

When was the last time we did that? ......Oh yes, November
  • I have the same strange warm feeling in my trousers.

Addicks to win 3-1. (BWP, Benson, Parrett)

Dreams are free of charge. Tickets are not.

I saw hope v Soton last week when I was prepared for humliation and I'm backing CP to turn it around.

At least he has dropped McOxo which for me makes him better than the "other coach who may have previously been in charge" who we are not allowed to mention of this forum anymore for fear of not "moving on".
  • [cite]Posted By: grumpyaddick[/cite]
    I saw hope v Soton last week

Did you see hope because are perfomance was better than it was against D and R, Exeter, Tranmere,Carlisle Hartlepool and Notts County