Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Masters 2011

Looking forward to this as usual. Would love to be able to see it in 3D but looks like I'll be stuck with the BBC highlights. Who do we all fancy then? Mickelson seems to be quite a short-priced favourite but given his current form and pedigree in this tournament, justifiably so. I might also have an e/w dabble on Rose.

Comments

• Couples 125/1 e/w
  • Rory MciLroy 33-1

Miguel Angel Jimenez 240-1 ( has to be worth an each way bet)

Odds currently on Betfair.
  • For a minute I thought we'd been given a slot on the SKY football Masters 5-a-side
  • edited April 2011
    Mickelson. Absolutely cannot stand him, but can't see past him this week. Not sure what price Luke Donald is, but he's worth a punt. Anthony Kim (another arsehole) has the game for Augusta and has already done well there. I'd love Couples to do well, but can't see it. Ditto Westwood.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Mickelson. Absolutely cannot stand him, but can't see past him this week. Not sure what price Luke Donald is, but he's worth a punt. Anthony Kim (another arsehole) has the game for Augusta and has already done well there. I'd love Couples to do well, but can't see it. Ditto Westwood.

Luke Donald 29-1

Anthony Kim 54-1

(Betfair)

The latter has to be the better bet.
  • Watney 18/1 Paddy Power
    B Watson 47/1 Betfair
  • gmac
  • Fancy Donald to be there or thereabouts, Mickleson will be up there after a good weekend in Houston.

May have a few e/w on Stricker, Fowler and Villegas.
  • Charl Swartzel as an outside bet probably 66s or 80s. Also think Donalds got a great shout because of his short game.
  • Donald looks a good price

Rose @ 40/1 as well
  • Sponsored links:

• You can get 20's on Martin Kaymer with paddy's. Kaymer is the world number one & has Woods, Mickleson, Watney & Westwood ahead of him in the betting. At Augusta, you are only as good as the weakest part of your game. Kaymer doesn't have a weakness. Draw your own conclusions.
  • Mickelson to win, Kuchar, Karlsson and Marino e/w is my team
  • Kaymer 20-1 superb value

Tiger 11-1 might be the last time you ebver get this
  • [cite]Posted By: masicat[/cite]Kaymer 20-1 superb value

Cant see Tiger winning. If anything he should be better odds than that. His short game is appalling at the moment.
  • [cite]Posted By: masicat[/cite]Kaymer 20-1 superb value

Kaymer 23-1 currently on Betfair
  • Donald, McIlroy and McDowell - Britain's 3 best putters.
  • Tom Watson currently 50-1 for a top 10 finish. Might be worth a sniff.
  • Kaymer yet to make a cut and the course doesn't suit his fade so hard to bet on him for me.

Swartzel is a decent bet - played there before I believe, which is a help. Donald I like but he has to play so well with his lack of length to really contend. McIlroy not a good enough putter for me.

Really struggling to pick a winner this year.
  • For me I would love it to be Westwood and he has a good chance, but Kaymer and Gmac I think have the game to win it.....Mickleson will no doubt be there or there abouts.
    Pity Sky have it exclusive and live on the opening two days, so it will have to be BBC highlights on Thursday/Friday (with a bit of 5Live) and then live on Sat/Sun on the beeb, bbc 2 I think.
  • [cite]Posted By: Redmidland[/cite]
    Pity Sky have it exclusive and live on the opening two days, so it will have to be BBC highlights on Thursday/Friday (with a bit of 5Live) and then live on Sat/Sun on the beeb, bbc 2 I think.

Not a shame at all. At long last it's getting the coverage it deserves with the Par 3 competition on Wednesday and full coverage every day, in HD & 3D.

The BBC's coverage was becoming tedious.
  • Sponsored links:

• The BBC could only work off the feeds they were given, and on the first 2 days could only show live coverage after a certain time.
    They also had the par 3 competition on red button last year.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Redmidland[/cite]

Not a shame at all. At long last it's getting the coverage it deserves with the Par 3 competition on Wednesday and full coverage every day, in HD & 3D.

The BBC's coverage was becoming tedious.

Always liked the beeb coverage myself, however that aside, cant afford sky so got to go with what I can.
  • There goes my £10 on Luke Donald then!
  • [cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite]You can get 20's on Martin Kaymer with paddy's. Kaymer is the world number one & has Woods, Mickleson, Watney & Westwood ahead of him in the betting. At Augusta, you are only as good as the weakest part of your game. Kaymer doesn't have a weakness. Draw your own conclusions.

agree with this.
  • World number one Martin Kaymer, however, drops a shot at four two slip to two over.

Don't reckon he'll be too far away sunday eveing though.
  • Kaymer +6 after 18, McIlroy -7.

13 shots is too much for anybody to recover on the field!
  • Kaymer +6 after 18, McIlroy -7.

13 shots is too much for anybody to recover on the field!
  • got Mcilroy at 28s and Poulter at 50s
  • I got Poulter at 50s, Ogilvy at 75s and Ross Fisher at 150s
  • I put 20 pound on Rickie Fowler (11-1) to finish in the top 5.