Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Real Madrid v Tottenham

Who is commentating on Sky tonight? I know the voice but can't place him - but whoever he is, he is driving me mad with his utter drivel. It doesn't often happen that a commentator drives me so mad to want to turn the sound off!

Comments

• Peter Crouch ?
  • Alan Parry isn't it, with Ray Wilkins doing the co-commentary?

Wilkins is getting on my tits with all of his "we" comments. Didn't realise he was a big Spurs fan!
  • Thanks! It's Ray Wilkins who is driving me mad - I normally quite like him but his constant 'you've got to stay on your feet' is getting silly!
  • Wilkins driving me mad too, a push on Bale - got the freekick but no yellow card, Wilkins claims its the worst mistake the ref has made all night. Despite the fact about 5 minutes before he allowed Dawson to play rugby in the box, why his hands were so high I don't know but Madrid unlucky not to get a pen.
  • [cite]Posted By: ME14addick[/cite]Thanks! It's Ray Wilkins who is driving me mad - I normally quite like him but his constant 'you've got to stay on your feet' is getting silly!

Agreed, he said Spurs players did well to stay on their feet, seconds after 2 of them had slid in :-)
  • can anybody say how the match is going? i cant c the game and would really like to know whose on top
  • Spurs getting battered 3-0, down to 10 men.
  • Make that 4-0
  • every cloud and all that..
  • edited April 2011
    Can't wait for good old 'Arry to take over the England team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Did anyone see Stankovics goal for Inter in the 25th second of the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyobvv-HbHI
  • Oi. Lay off Ray Wilkins. Love that man. Especially enjoyed his 'My word......my word' after the di Maria goal.
  • Wilkins was beyond irritating, kept repeating the same stuff all game - "stay on your feet", "keep the ball", "it's hard playing against a team of this quality with 10 men"
    no shit

Personally thought crouch was unfortunate, second foul could've been dealt with by giving a final warning imo.
    Funny to see them get battered though
  • [cite]Posted By: Nicholas[/cite]Did anyone see Stankovics goal for Inter in the 25th second of the game

Wow.
  • Wilkins is a joke.
  • [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Nicholas[/cite]Did anyone see Stankovics goal for Inter in the 25th second of the game

Wow.

It was an open goal.
  • gomez. hahaha.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Wilkins is a joke.

Smashing Ralph
  • I seriously thought wilkins was pissed
  • edited April 2011
    And he was sobering up as the game went on
  • Sponsored links:

• The Premier League - Best league in the world...........
  • [cite]Posted By: stackitsteve[/cite]Wilkins driving me mad too, a push on Bale - got the freekick but no yellow card, Wilkins claims its the worst mistake the ref has made all night. Despite the fact about 5 minutes before he allowed Dawson to play rugby in the box, why his hands were so high I don't know but Madrid unlucky not to get a pen.

two of my favourites from ray last night

"If lennon (4 foot 8) had been on he would've been marking adebeyor for the first goal."

"spurs deserve a goal cos they've defended so well."
  • "Daddy Wrong Legs"

LolCats!
  • Bring back Andy Gray.
  • [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stackitsteve[/cite]Wilkins driving me mad too, a push on Bale - got the freekick but no yellow card, Wilkins claims its the worst mistake the ref has made all night. Despite the fact about 5 minutes before he allowed Dawson to play rugby in the box, why his hands were so high I don't know but Madrid unlucky not to get a pen.

two of my favourites from ray last night

"If lennon (4 foot 8) had been on he would've been marking adebeyor for the first goal."

"spurs deserve a goal cos they've defended so well."

that made me chuckle....obviously Lennon not playing affected who would be marking Adebeyor at corners !!!! - magic
  • edited April 2011
    To be fair the comment about marking was a valid one as there was clearly a lot of confusion. Dawson was nowhere to be seen for either of Adebayor's goals, and Jenas somehow ended up marking him. Had Lennon been on the pitch presumably he wouldn't have lined up against Adebayor, and they'd have had a more suitable player marking him.
  • edited April 2011
    I heard on 5 live that Lennon has tweeted that he is not going to be the fall guy, as the Spurs medics have had him on antibiotics since Sunday when he fell ill !
  • I wonder what was up with Crouch, he hadn't received a yellow card in like over 70 games and then picked up 2 in 15 mins, and with Lennon not playing due to a soar throat, I wonder was there some bust up?
  • Doubt it, Lennon was ill & Crouch just "lost it".
    Having said that, if the Real players hadn't rolled and just got up like CAFC players would have done (not Nicky Bailey) then he probably wouldn't have got 2 yellow cards.
  • bloody Sky+, I set it to record An Idiot Abroad and it records the Spurs game