Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mad Dog Martin Allen has a new job!!!

If you thought it was Barnet, you'd be wrong that was his old job ... move over Paul Ince

Notts County Announce

Comments

• Cue "we should've gotten him instead of Powell/Parkinson/Reed/Dowie/Pardew"
  • we should've gotten him.
  • We should've gotten him instead of Powell/Parkinson/Reed/Dowie/Pardew.
  • If I were a Barnet fan I would be spitting - I hope he goes down with Notts County.
  • We should have brought him to us
  • We should have brought him to us
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]We should have brought him to us

Que?
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Cue "we should've gotten him instead of Powell/Parkinson/Reed/Dowie/Pardew"

To be fair he was my first choice when parky was still here.
  • I've mentioned his name a few times over the last couple of years as a possible successor to Pardew/Parkinson etc..............already shown in 2 games with Barnet how to get a team winning & now I expect him to get Notts County out of trouble.

Not wishing to say I told you so, but...................
  • Glad we didn't get him
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah, don't care if he won Barnet a few games, still wouldn't want him. Awful football and even more cloggers, no thanks.
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Cue "we should've gotten him instead of Powell/Parkinson/Reed/Dowie/Pardew"

To be fair he was my first choice when parky was still here.
    He did well at Barnet, who must be gutted, you were probably on the right track.
  • i feel sorry for barnet! but maybe they should have put him under contract!!
  • I thought he was under contract until the end of the season?

Notts County is too attractive a proposition. 5 weeks' work three years' pay. I suppose we don't know what was said between him and Barnet when he took over, but on the face of it this doesn't seem like a wonderful way to repay a club that brought him back out of the wilderness. After the Chelthenam mess and associated accusations he wasn't on anyone's short list.

Nice symetry though: sack one of the league's two black managers and replace him with an (alleged) racist.
  • [cite]Posted By: hudson-son-son[/cite]Yeah, don't care if he won Barnet a few games, still wouldn't want him. Awful football and even more cloggers, no thanks.

Bloody cloggers!
  • Did someone say..
  • Speaks before he thinks. Tea cup thrower. Tantrums.

Glad he didn't come here.
  • Who, JT?
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Speaks before he thinks. Tea cup thrower. Tantrums.

Glad he didn't come here.

Are you talking about Allen there or fergie?
  • [cite]Posted By: uie2[/cite]i feel sorry for barnet! but maybe they should have put him under contract!!

They only give him a contract till the end of the season, so not giving him any security. If he's results weren't good they would have just got shot of him. They took a gamble and got it wrong. Dont think Allen has done anything wrong, just getting a job with security (well as much as you can in football)
  • Sponsored links:

• I have mixed feelings about this.

I have a soft spot for Barnet and sometimes go there when we are away . They are a good community club and I hope they retain their League status.
    If Allen hadn't come in three weeks ago and shaken the place up I suspect the Bees would already be down. Having said that I wish he had seen the job through because Barnet's survival would have been superb on his CV and I think would have had his choice of jobs in the summer .
  • Also gutted for Barnet, really hope they stay up and have enjoyed the two visits Charlton have made to Underhill in the last couple of years. They have some incredibly difficult games coming up (Bury and Gills away) and think they will struggle to stay up now.

As for Allen, he will probably do a decent job at Notts, expect them to stay up just.
  • he is a knob
  • interesting interview from Mad-dog. Personally think he comes across well here, though can see how he may not be everyone's cup of tea...
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uie2[/cite]i feel sorry for barnet! but maybe they should have put him under contract!!

They only give him a contract till the end of the season, so not giving him any security. If he's results weren't good they would have just got shot of him. They took a gamble and got it wrong. Dont think Allen has done anything wrong, just getting a job with security (well as much as you can in football)

Agreed 100%, he knows what it is like to have long periods of unemployment within the game and is only taking the best job on offer.

Barnet had him on a temporary deal so they had no obligations to him financially and he has taken advantage of that.

If Barnet wanted him that badly they should have tied him up on a longer deal - which to be they could not do because of their uncertain future.
  • Martin Allen from Twitter:

Well I'm not happy at leaving Barnet either. But people should take into account my views and get understanding b4 making decision on me.
  • Football is a dirty business, I don't blame him.
  • This is a mad world because Mad Dog is now back at........ Barnet.

They sacked Lawrie Sanchez today and reinstated Martin Allen .

So Barnet have shown as much loyalty to Sanchez as Allen showed them.
  • This is a mad world because Mad Dog is now back at........ Barnet.

They sacked Lawrie Sanchez today and reinstated Martin Allen .

So Barnet have shown as much loyalty to Sanchez as Allen showed them.
    You could not make it up sometimes, could you? Crazy, crazy game.

Even crazier that Lawrie Sanchez was still getting work in the FL.
  • I'm amazed Barnet have offered him a job considering how he left them in the lurch half way through a short term contract at the end of last season.

Horrible piece of work. Shame because I do like Barnet.