Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Robbie Savage

edited July 2011 in Rumours
just revealed on twitter that 3 league one clubs have offered him deals including an ex premier league club, high chance of us being one i bet

Comments

• No way...............We don't need another midfielder and certainly not that twat!
  • Can't see it being us. One or both Sheffield clubs more like.
  • I suspect it is one of the sheffield clubs.
  • thought he was concentrating on his radio career
  • As for ex prem, that's the 2 sheff clubs and (i think) Oldham then.
  • wednesday was not one of them!
  • wouldn't mind him here. actually kinda want him. 2 reasons

1. obviously still do a job. if you doubt that watch derby vs qpr at loftus road. he man marked championships best player and he didn't do a thing all game'
    2. influence and leadership in the middle, and it'd be another player in center mid before mcoxo.
  • Well that would be a surprise!
  • We do have the advantage of being relatively close to Broadcasting House...
  • Think we are already well covered in CM but you never know I suppose. Has he played with CP anywhere? Has he been t Leicester with CP? Must admit I thought he had retired.
  • Sponsored links:

• he has, but being the blonde tease he is, he said if the right offer he'd come out of retirement.
  • I'd love him on our side.  He's the sort of player that the opposition hates - with good reason.  I don't think it will happen, but it would be great!
  • Thought his days were done.
  • No Thanks. Next!..........
  • wouldn't mind him here. actually kinda want him. 2 reasons

1. obviously still do a job. if you doubt that watch derby vs qpr at loftus road. he man marked championships best player and he didn't do a thing all game'
    2. influence and leadership in the middle, and it'd be another player in center mid before mcoxo.

Agree with this he was very very good against QPR, frustrated Adel Taarabt the whole game and didn't give him any space to do anything. Could be a good addition to our side as he would get under the skin of the opposition players.
  • With the midfield full of energetic youngsters & Alonso being the old experienced head pulling the strings I would have thought that we were well covered in midfield. Having said that you can never have too many good players & Robbie Savage would be a fantastic signing for us. I believe at this level he would have as big an effect as Di Canio did for us in the premier.
  • edited July 2011
    Can we afford his wages?

I suppose the club shop can recoup his wages in 'Blond Wig ' sales?
  • On a pay as you play deal I would take him/ Sol Campbell/ John Barnes/ Mark Lawrenson etc

If they aren't good enough they don't play. If they do a job they play and get paid. Everyone's a winner

• A year or two ago, maybe.  Not now.
  • ARE WE NEARER WALES?

• Sponsored links:

• Useless, overrated ponce in his 'heyday'. Nowadays he looks like a useless old duffer chasing youngsters round a park. You can see blokes like him down Goals every week - shouting and screaming at teammates, opponents and spectators alike, chuntering aimlessly around in the middle of the pitch like a red-faced bundle of uncoordinated rage.

No ta.
  • Useless, overrated ponce in his 'heyday'. Nowadays he looks like a useless old duffer chasing youngsters round a park. You can see blokes like him down Goals every week - shouting and screaming at teammates, opponents and spectators alike, chuntering aimlessly around in the middle of the pitch like a red-faced bundle of uncoordinated rage.

No ta.

I don't normally post as I'm rather removed down here in New Zealand, but this description described the reason I decided to watch from afar rather than chunter around in midfield tackling with my mouth myself. Good time to hang up the boots when you recognise this happening and spot on in this case 
    Leroy. !
  • No thanks. Probably the 3rd most hated footballer behind Diouf and Bellamy
  • At this level I feel he would be a decent addition on a years contract.
  • He should stick to his guns and leave the boots hung up where they belong. It's a "no" from me - not sure he still has the desire and I'm damn sure we don't need another has-been only at Charlton to top up his pension.
  • No from me. He's more into his media stuff he does now anyway.
  • Not exactly a long term plan is it?
    A la Jimmy Bank Hasslefloyd. Or Barnes.
  • i think it could work out to be honest, he was hated because of how he acted was a decent footballer in his day, we are 3rd teir with young players he could really help , as long as financially it was right for the club, i would welcome it, rather bowyer but would take savage as a 2nd choice
  • He makes McCormack look like Luca Modric
  • Surely we don't need another CM, especially not one that would expect regular football.