Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Polite request for Saturday.

124»

Comments

• Options
    'Unable to go myself due to unforseeable circumstances.

But please would it be possible for everyone to be as United as it was in 2004.

The 1.2k Charlton there made the noise of thousands more, outsung the home end, stood all game and generally got behind the team.

None of this infighting nonsense we have seen in recent times'.

But surely it's the standing all game that causes the infighting. Therefore it's a bit illogical to ask people to do it.

You want people to make noise but some people (who do make noise) are not going because they know everyone will stand at this match.

We've discussed this subject before but I felt it needs pointing out (especially if someone irresponsibly asks people to stand).
  • Options
    Jimmy, pointless argument. This will be a stand all game match, no doubting.
  • Options
    sit down
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Jimmy, pointless argument. This will be a stand all game match, no doubting.

Why's it a pointless argument? You have no right to determine that this is a 'stand all game' match.

One minute you're feeling sorry for bloody Kieron Dyer who's just broken his leg and then you're basically saying that any Charlton fans with a similar injury might aswell just get stuffed. I think you've got your priorities mixed.
  • Options
    SIT DOWN THAT MAN,AND LOWER THE SWEARING PLEASE.
  • Options
    I'm sorry but I don't like people saying I have a 'pointless argument' with no reasons to the contrary.
  • Options
    i'm saying jimmy that there are certain atmospheres where the situation dictates. Blackburn away last season was one, everyone stood all game and it was the best atmosphere at an away game i've experienced with Charlton.
    I personally think atmosphere wise, Saturday will be similar. If you look at every game on the telly, you will see the away fans standing all game. At Charlton, we're a little bit behind that, but when the atmosphere and tension is there, that is what happens.
    Saturday will be similar. Not saying its right or wrong, but that is what will happen. If you desperately wanted to sit all game, you would of been aware of this and demanded a seat in one of the front rows.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    AFKA, everyone didn't stand all game at Blackburn, at least not in the lower tier. I'd knackered my ankle prior to the game, and wouldn't have been able to see a thing if that were the case. I think we did end up permanently standing but only with about 10 or 15 mins to go.
  • Options
    Just have your drinks and dont mouth off to the old bill and there will be no trouble.

I hope jordan had punishment for insighting violence by calling all charlton fans morons and the other week on the radio TWATS?!!!
  • Options
    That is exactly the point carlsberg. Tango Tit should be held responsible (not in full but in large part) for this mess, but as usual it's the average football fan that will pay the price.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]That is exactly the point carlsberg. Tango Tit should be held responsible (not in full but in large part) for this mess, but as usual it's the average football fan that will pay the price.
    Surely someone has to make an official complaint to the police for that to happen...
  • Options
    Nope as the 1.2k at that match were standers, front few rows sat

Doesnt seem like many families are going to this one so lets hope its more of the same.
  • Options
    I'm going and taking my 8 year old son so woe betide anyone who stands in front of me!!!!......:-)
  • Options
    if kids are behind people should sit
  • Options
    a mate of mine took his 6 year old nephew last time, stood on his seat all game and absolutely loved it.
  • Options
    I stood on the back of my seat for the whole game in 2000 (was a small 16 year old!) whilst holding on to the rafters. Great view of Kitson's goal!

The angle of the stand makes it hard for people to see, even when people are sitting. Perhaps some self policing with letting the elders and families sit at the front etc.
  • Options
    about right mate
  • Options
    I'm takin my six year old as long as he can see fine but after paying £48 for the 2 of us i want to be able to see.He will love standing on his seat as long as he can see.But if he can't you will hear that famous cry of SIDDARN