Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pitchside announcer

edited September 2007 in General Charlton
I see that he was back last night. Was hoping he'd gone as part of the cost-cutting exercise.

Comments

• Options
    Jeez .......... some people.

We play well, win, go third in the league and some people still want to find fault!

:o)
  • Options
    It's Wednesday Lunchtime............

..............Off_it's been to the pub............

.........now make some noise and MOAAAANNNN!!!!

;-)
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Well, they seemed to have cleared up all of the bird crap at the back of the West Stand so didn't know what else I could moan about!
    ;o)

Seriously though, I'm actually in a positive mood after our performance and result yesterday and just can't understand the nit picking. If we can't just sit back and enjoy things like last night then I seriously wonder about the state of peoples minds!

edit: and I'm not drunk - yet!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    LOL The fact people are talking about announcers and the quality of ticket stubs today must prove how good the team were last night. Happy days!

Me, I was stuck behind a pile up on the s/bound M11 for 2 hours and missed the game...bugger!!!
  • Options
    i find the seats uncomfortable!
  • Options
    Should we be allowed to fit our own? ricaro padded heated........just a thought!
  • Options
    After Off_it complained about the Bird Crap they hired John the Rat (CAFC North Upper)to shoot a few pigeon's problem now solved.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]After Off_it complained about the Bird Crap they hired John the Rat (CAFC North Upper)to shoot a few pigeon's problem now solved.

Nice to know I have clout.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]After Off_it complained about the Bird Crap they hired John the Rat (CAFC North Upper)to shoot a few pigeon's problem now solved.

Nice to know I have clout.

the new seats are coming when then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]LOL The fact people are talking about announcers and the quality of ticket stubs today must prove how good the team were last night. Happy days!

Exactly!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Far too loud that i have to actually put my fingers in my ears, i find it actually quite embarassing too. Do other clubs have these announcers on the pitch too.
  • Options
    Probably best to not go to a stadium with 15,000 people shouting if a bloke on a mic is too loud ;)
  • Options
    The problem is though m8 from where i sit its actually inaudible, the system is too loud
  • Options
    Come off it!
    We've a great announcer in BDL.
    Also, just think... going to selhurst and listening to that moron introducing the teams onto the pitch! Cringe.
  • Options
    Listening to an update on the radio and found it very hard to hear what the reporter was saying (in fact I didn't) due to the announcer volume.
  • Options
    Its not the announcer, its the bloody volume of the system which booms so loudly i cannot even hear what he is saying!
  • Options

Its not the announcer, its the bloody volume of the system which booms so loudly i cannot even hear what he is saying!

It's sometimes very difficult to hear in the North Upper. They have to find a happy medium somewhere.
  • Options
    The system is too loud tbf. Not BDL's fault.
  • Options
    JT said:

The system is too loud tbf. Not BDL's fault.

We should blame him though, after all: where there's blame, there's a claim!! ;o)
  • Options
    Things must be going well if we are back to moaning about too loud presenters and beer queues.

Please can someone start an anti-Powell/Jimenez/Everitt thread or even better a "Is Stewart better than "never given a chance" Green" thread so this site can do what it does best.

Love and Peace

: - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    More half time interviews please.

• Options
    In the Lower North, the announcements are ear-splittingly loud, and indistinct. Yet the guy who reads the half-time scores mumbles, and is inaudible. Another thing: they should stop playing LOUD music as soon as the final whistle goes - contrary to what they think, it destroys the atmosphere. Last Saturday we were all cheering and clapping, yet we were completely drowned out by chainsaw guitars at ten thousand decibels.
  • Options
    I can't hear them from the Upper North
  • Options

I can't hear them from the Upper North

At least I'm not the only one, I was getting worried my hearing was going.
  • Options
    This original thread from 2007 relates to a (thankfully) short lived experiment with a bloke from Warrington who was brought in during the last season in the Prem I believe to try and create more atmophere. He wasn't very good, and in a parrallel with things that are going on now at the Club was an example that people who cared about the Club and knew the Club did a better job out of pure passion and enthusiasm than people who were just doing it for a wage. It is therefore a bit unfair to continue using this thread with regards to the tannoy problems which have crept in this season, as I dont think you can fault the excellent job done by BDL and clearly problems with the tannoy volume are not going to be down to him but someone on the technicial side not quite getting things right. I think a new thread would be more appropriate for any comments about any volume issues for this season on the tannoy, as it could be very easy to take this thread from 2007 as a criticism of BDL which it isnt. Or if this thread is used again, please note that the original post in 2007 is about someone long gone from the Club. Personally, I dont think BDL can be beaten as a pitchside announcer, and his entry onto the Wembley pitch before the Play Off final was the stuff of legend - a real fan, with real emotion talking from the heart - The Prem and individual clubs can throw all the money in the world at the issue by employing someone to get a crowd going but you cannot buy that passion and emotion, you either have it for a Club or you dont.
  • Options
    So that's it, then.
  • Options
    The noise of people opening Thermos flasks is sooooooooooooooo irritating.
  • Options
    I think the vast majority of fans are very happy with BDL. He lives every kick of the game, he's a pro at what he does, he makes it look easy most of the time and he's a Charlton fan through and through.
    "CHAMPIONS!" - that says it all.

( by the way Dave, the last cheque bounced, are you sure this one will be all right? ;-)
  • Options
    100% support for BDL at the top of the page , please Lookie & AFKA !!!!
  • Options
    tbf to scabbyhorse he was moaning about the volume not BDL.