Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pitchside announcer

Comments

• Options
    This whole thread just goes to show you cannot please all the people, I will nail my colours to the mast here, I am have known BDL as a good friend that pre-dates our involvement with CAFC, so I may be a little biased, but I would say he is the best man for the job, he cares passionately for the club and takes great pride in what he does, rightly so, I thought Brian Cole was good as well, the one inbetween I was not impressed with, for my money your pitch side announcer has to be passionate, and at times the Valley does need a little encouragement, I just wish he would tune the volume down when we are going through the teams on commentary.
  • Options
    JT said:

So to sum up, Off_It doesn't rate BDL.

No in fact he wishes he had gone as part of our ongoing cost cutting exercise.

• Options
    Hi Off_it
  • Options
    Hey Offy.
  • Options
    I don't think theres anything wrong with the volume or the announcer.

However, I must add something regarding the match-day playlist. Nothing quite infuriates me to the same level when a certain piece of music is played at full-time.
    The national anthem of Wigan Athletic, that we are so much better than. There doesn't need to be music at full time when we've won, but if for some people there has to be, it certainly doesn't need to be this pile of shite...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUvIt77_bqw
  • Options
    I like BDL I liked Brian Cole. Pete from Warrington made me feel like i'd entered the knobbly knees competition at a Holiday Camp.

I'd just like to hear Red, Red, Robin which BDL says we will when he gets his CD back.

Sorry for the notification Offy!
  • Options
    Are scabbyhorse and Off it the same person?
  • Options
    Not sure of my view on all this , will have to come back to you later
  • Options

You've sent Offy a notification for no reason now!

Doh so have I!
  • Options
    why? FOD are we both a bit odd?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Offy, Offy, Offy..........
  • Options

Offy, Offy, Offy..........

Oi Oi Oi ...
  • Options
    Maybe we should just turn the PA system Off.
  • Options

Oh come on...

nerd.png 100.5K
  • Options
    Has anyone seen Off It?
  • Options
    No comedians, please.

Officer on parade!
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

You've sent Offy a notification for no reason now!

Doh so have I!
    that's not very fair is it
  • Options
    I think this thread shouldn't close but should be more or a 'question for off it' thread,

Off it - do you secretly want to take over the position of pitch side announcer?
  • Options

BDL is rightly held in high regard here - one season of rent-a-mike in 2007 surely convinced any doubters.

but the guy who does the half-times does not impress. Seems unsure of teams/scores (it's never 'Notts' Forest) and never adds anything of interest (eg wouldn't mention it if one of our lads out on loan has scored). How did he get the gig?

I'm sorry that you feel that way. But time constraints and everything else I do up there does not allow for every bit of information going.
  • Options
    Glovepup said:

BDL is rightly held in high regard here - one season of rent-a-mike in 2007 surely convinced any doubters.

but the guy who does the half-times does not impress. Seems unsure of teams/scores (it's never 'Notts' Forest) and never adds anything of interest (eg wouldn't mention it if one of our lads out on loan has scored). How did he get the gig?

I'm sorry that you feel that way. But time constraints and everything else I do up there does not allow for every bit of information going.

and apologies for getting personal, everyone's doing their best, i know. I guess it must be tricky to gather info while trying to watch the match...maybe the board can get you an assistant:-)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    BDL does a great job-no complaints at all!
  • Options
    Why did the other guy get the boot? I see him all the time in the east stand...
  • Options
    MSE7 said:

Maybe cost too much, board listened to the fans who did not think he was as good as our own, he thought we were and East london club when he announced v ? "Its East London v West London

• Options
    edited September 2013
    BDL does a great job in my view, even seems like a nice bloke too. Proper fan and gives up loads if his spare time for CAFC. We need to be careful when commenting I think or we'll end up with no one wanting to do this sort of thing or voluntary stuff for the club and wider Addicks community.
  • Options
    Wider addicks community? What book have you swallowed?
  • Options
    he does stuff for NWK Addicks, so I think that applies
  • Options
    When it comes to evaluating the work of people involved with Charlton over last 7 years, I would imagine the BDL would come fairly low on the list of people that need criticising.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I don't appreciate being shouted at and told to "get behind the boys and make some noise", but it's a minor point. What gets me is the loudness of the music before the game, at half-time and after: it's difficult to hear your mates speak. I'm against anything that obliterates the 'natural' sounds of the crowd. If memory serves me, the prelude to the Hartlepool match at the end of our promotion season was music-free - apart from the opera singers, of course. It was a canny bit of crowd psychology, leaving us to generate our own atmosphere, the buzz increasing in intensity as kick-off approached...
  • Options
    seth plum said:

AFKA, I don't think a lot of criticism/feedback is because people think they can do better, but rather they want the experience to BE better. Criticism with no suggestions may fit your description, but if there is some kind of pointer as to how, possibly, things could be better isn't that OK?
    For example if folk say they don't like goal music (which we don't do), but would prefer organic crowd reaction, it isn't a sneaky way of trying to become the DJ, but pretty valid feedback/criticism I reckon.

Exactly. And I enjoy reading your suggestions.

• Options
    MSE7 said:

Presume you mean Brian Cole ? Why not ask him - he posts on here and is an ultra loyal Addick.

As razil stated, BDL is MC for all NWKA's Q & A events , currently holds a post on the current committee ( regardless of how busy he is and believe me he IS a busy BDL ! ) and is a former Chair of the SG.

Without Dave, NWKA and our Club would be sadder places.