Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lids on bottled water at the ground - Oi HENRY

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    Yes, a closed bottle would be more dangerous than an open one, but its a ridiculous comparison when you can take things like flasks, stainless steel hipflasks and zippo lighters, coins etc into the ground.

There has never once been an incident since the return to the valley of a bottle being thrown onto the pitch. There have been coinds and lighters though.[/quote]

the vigilance of the staff astounds me, the guys sitting behind us managed to sneak in a couple of bottles of wine last season - very nice it was to.
  • Options
    I can see it now, every seat fitted with a cupholder.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    The issue of full bottles with lids has been going on for years and it's always been a Greenwich Council thing. I doubt if they will shift on it because it has been raised numerous times in the past. It's easy to blame the council, but it isn't the politicians behind this.

I do think there is an argument against local discretion on safety issues because the council officers on the committee aren't really accountable to their political masters on these issues and everyone is scared of going against what the police and fire brigade say anyway.

It can't be sensible that rules about standing and enforcement of the same are interpreted differently from ground to ground and the inconsistency undermines the credibility of the whole safety regime.
  • Options
    I think there is a market for selling bottle tops on the East stand concourse (Oi Sir Henry - am I allowed to say East Stand?) loverly jubbley - could be a nice little earner!
  • Options
    Sod the lids - it's the price I'm more concerned about.

At the Scunthorpe game I went to buy my old man a bottle of water and me one of them still lucozade's. I couldn't believe it when the fella wanted almost £4 for them - and then proceeded to take the tops off so that you basically have to drink it all straight away or risk putting it on the floor (in amongst the bird shite that day!) and it possibly getting kicked over.

The same two bottles would cost about £2.50 in the shop by the Valley Caff, and that's with their mark up included - so God knows how much they actaully cost wholesale. It's a bleedin rip off - I tell thee!

Henry, whilst you're at this meeting could you ask them to confirm the policy of flasks. It wont be long before I'm breaking out mine (and my blanket) for home games. If bottles and cans are not allowed in then surely flasks aren't?
  • Options
    Not being funny but if you really wanted to hurt someone couldnt you just take a bunch of keys, not necesarily your own door keys but any bunch of keys and throw them, they couldnt take them off you either, glasses cases, cigarette tins, the list is endless, the bottle lids is just a pee take if you ask me.
  • Options
    I reckon they should ban those serviette things. You could stick one of those in your topless bottle and use it as an exocet.
  • Options
    yeah but it's nowt to do with pre-meditation, it's about a disposable, dangerous missile being to hand to a volatile person at a time of anger and frustration.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I reckon they should ban those serviette things. You could stick one of those in your topless bottle and use it as an exocet.
    scrape some hearts and diamonds off some playnig cards and you have a home-made molotov cocktail there, albeit a tad watery.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]yeah but it's nowt to do with pre-meditation, it's about a disposable, dangerous missile being to hand to a volatile person at a time of anger and frustration.

In which case, how can they allow those blue lucozade bottles in front of the away team dugout? I reckon it's only a matter of time before a visiting manager goes crackers and decapitates the fourth official with such a clearly dangerous object. Talk about putting temptaion in the way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    blue has a calming kharma
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]yeah but it's nowt to do with pre-meditation, it's about a disposable, dangerous missile being to hand to a volatile person at a time of anger and frustration.

if that was the case, then no one who has a volatile temprament should be allowed to drive a car.
  • Options
    that would be nice!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]

if that was the case, then no one who has a volatile temprament should be allowed to drive a car.
    why do you think Rothko rides a bike?
  • Options
    The whole thing is bloody stupid. They will let you into the ground with a bag with a claw hammer, stanlay knife and other assorted tools in it (happened to one of my mates who was coming to an evening game straight from work) but not with a bottle of coke with a lid on......
  • Options
    What about taking a cork instead?
  • Options
    Did the Stanley knife have a lid on?
  • Options
    the effect a full bottle of water can have .....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/6406455.stm
  • Options
    Why are the decent majority always penalised for the actions of the lunatic few?

The presumption should be that supporters are capable of behaving in a civillised fashion.

That said if any supporters are apprehended throwing something dangerous onto the pitch then ban them from the ground for life. End of. The message will soon penetrate even the thickest skull.

As a law abiding, tax paying person in my fifties I frankly regard it as an insult that the football club I've supported for 44 years will not trust me to have a top on a bottle. I show my displeasure by exercising the only protest I can and refuse to spend money in the ground on food or drinks.

It sickens me that modern society would rather inconvenience and invent new crimes to criminalise the innocent rather than harass and apprehend the guilty.

Still that's one of the "benefits" of political correctness I suppose.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]The message will soon penetrate even the thickest skull.
    Just like a bottle of water with the lid on then !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The rule is stupid but is it really that big a deal? Just buy a bottle of water on the way to the game...
  • Options
    It's not the club's fault Len - as always it's the tosspots that sit on various committees at local or central government getting off on setting rules for other people to follow who are to balme (whilst probably fiddling their own expenses, shagging the secretary/rent boy, etc).

You know the sort, straight bananas, metric only measurements, no standing at football, everything translated into 457 different languages at a cost of thousands on the off chance that someone might want to read it in Swahili, one refuse collection every two weeks, AFKA sinking threads, the human rights of someone in prison not to have to go without a telly, etc, etc.

Who are these people? They don't speak for me. And they're all the same - red, blue, yellow makes absolutely no difference to the self-fulfilling, self preserving gray train.
  • Options
    so the officers at Greenwich Council have this as a rule with all venues across the borough then? The O2 is exactly the same, the bottle tops come off.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]The rule is stupid but is it really that big a deal? Just buy a bottle of water on the way to the game...

But you're not allowed to take it into the ground BDL - that's the point. I'm sure it specifically says "No bottles or cans" on the ground regulations - although can't find it on the website now to check.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]The O2 is exactly the same, the bottle tops come off.

But only for the shit bands in danger of getting bottled.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]It's not the club's fault Len - as always it's the tosspots that sit on various committees at local or central government getting off on setting rules for other people to follow who are to balme (whilst probably fiddling their own expenses, shagging the secretary/rent boy, etc).

You know the sort, straight bananas, metric only measurements, no standing at football, everything translated into 457 different languages at a cost of thousands on the off chance that someone might want to read it in Swahili, one refuse collection every two weeks, AFKA sinking threads, the human rights of someone in prison not to have to go without a telly, etc, etc.

Who are these people? They don't speak for me. And they're all the same - red, blue, yellow makes absolutely no difference to the self-fulfilling, self preserving gray train.

DSCN4961.jpg
  • Options
    go down pub
    have ten pints
    get absolutely plastered
    logon to Charltonlife
    Off_it's a moany b*stard

;-)
  • Options
    ok, ok - I'm not going to say another word today then.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]ok, ok - I'm not going to say another word today then.
    Oh come on don't be silly
  • Options
    Cant believe this thread has got 60 posts.

Security at Charlton isnt exactly Heathrow Airport is it.

Buy a bottle of coke in the newsagents and take it in. I do every match.

Any chance of a non moaning week, we're going up for 'cks sake.