Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lids on bottled water at the ground - Oi HENRY

13»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]The rule is stupid but is it really that big a deal? Just buy a bottle of water on the way to the game...

But you're not allowed to take it into the ground BDL - that's the point. I'm sure it specifically says "No bottles or cans" on the ground regulations - although can't find it on the website now to check.

Have you ever been searched going into a game?

Take it in with you, the stewards are too busy trying to stop people smoking to worry about who's bringing in a bottle of water with a top on.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Cant believe this thread has got 60 posts.

Security at Charlton isnt exactly Heathrow Airport is it.

Buy a bottle of coke in the newsagents and take it in. I do every match.

Any chance of a non moaning week, we're going up for 'cks sake.
    Nothnig to moan about on the pitch, so people moan about something else, even if it's bottle lids. It's a good British tradition!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Cant believe this thread has got 60 posts.

Stop moaning about people moaning FFS!!! ;-)
  • Options
    ScoSco
    edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Stop moaning about people moaning FFS!!

Leave it out Dan, people who moan about people who moan have a right to moan too you moany git. ;0)
  • Options
    ......its about time the moany gits got a mention...!
  • Options
    Personally I wouldn't recommend water - topless or otherwise - at all.

Drink loads of beer before the game, watch the match then rush back down the pub. Problem solved.
  • Options
    haha once my dad got a bottle of coke in the north lower and they forgot to take the lid off. my dad was well excited by this and held it over his head like some kind of trophy. someone nudged passed him and knocked it out of his hand.
    It was one of the funniest things watching him chase the bottle lid being kicked around by thousands of feet. Very much like that scene in indiana jones were he's trying to get the antidote!
  • Options
    Think this thread has well and truly dried up,down the sink imo.
  • Options
    Someone took the lid off and it lost all its fizz........
  • Options
    Burps.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]

Nothnig to moan about on the pitch, so people moan about something else, even if it's bottle lids. It's a good British tradition!

So you think it is acceptable for the club to charge £1.65 for a bottle of water and not give you the lid and have the chance of spilling it. I not interested whether I can buy a bottle up the road and sneak it in I shouldn't have to, i have a genuine argument. My son bought it not me I wasn't with him when he did so how ycan they say an 11 year old could throw the bottle from 10 rows from the back of the North Upper.

They should lower the price end of -

It's about time football fans were treated with a bit more respect , especially 11 year old kids. Yeah I know there is the minority but when was the last time anyone saw a bottle thrown on the pitch I can;t remember.

We threw magazines on the pitch against Leicester didn't see anyone say stop selling programmes.
  • Options
    Hi Ledge Mate,

When you get around to doing your bottled water tossing experiment, can you please do it scientifically. We need to know what measuring tools were used, the amount of water in bottle, the type of bottle used, The arm tossing action, which are all very important. Also I think you need to do it from a high vantage point rather than at a park so if you could climb on your roof tonight & see if you can clear a couple of next door neighbours gardens using the windmill action I think we would all be interested with the results. :-)
  • Options
    I sympathize Ledge, I was commenting more about the unprecedented level of response to such a minor issue rather than your initial gripe! And £1.65 for a bottle of water is scandalous.

By the way, from March this year:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/6406455.stm
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]I sympathize Ledge, I was commenting more about the unprecedented level of response to such a minor issue rather than your initial gripe! And £1.65 for a bottle of water is scandalous.

By the way, from March this year:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/6406455.stm

I think that pretty much explains the whole taking the lid off rule.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]They should lower the price end of

If you don't want to pay it, then don't. No one's forcing you!
  • Options
    I was waiting for you to put you two penneth worth in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]I was waiting for you to put you two penneth worth in.

Well you'll be pleased to see that your wait is over...
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Hi Ledge Mate,

When you get around to doing your bottled water tossing experiment, can you please do it scientifically. We need to know what measuring tools were used, the amount of water in bottle, the type of bottle used, The arm tossing action, which are all very important. Also I think you need to do it from a high vantage point rather than at a park so if you could climb on your roof tonight & see if you can clear a couple of next door neighbours gardens using the windmill action I think we would all be interested with the results. :-)

I did my experiment - the full bottle with lid did go further by about 3 foot and kept me dry. The one without lid did leak a bit but not loads and feel the leakage did impair it's distance but not much LOL.

So from my gatherings I feel it is only appropriate that a lid is kept on the bottle so that when my 11 year old son does throw his bottle it won't get the people wet in front of him.

Dr Ledge Phd MSC BSTER
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]I was waiting for you to put you two penneth worth in.

Well you'll be pleased to see that your wait is over...

yeah fucking ecstatic pal