Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zheng Zhi

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
Had an effin STINKER tonight......

Comments

• Options
    someone said that to me on the way out.I didn't think he was that bad but maybe that woz because there were loads of bad performances.
  • Options
    So did styles.
  • Options
    certainly wasn't himself tonight. Always very solid and reliable in possession, but quite a few wayward passes from him tonight.
  • Options
    At least 3 completely missed passes, loads of missed tackles, pathetic air shot in box, totally off the pace. He could be the new Kish?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]He could be the new Kish?
    no way zheng goes forward rather than sidewards when he fcuks up!!
  • Options
    With the exception of Semedo the whole midfield were below par tonight and (sacrilege, blasphemy, shock horror!) I include Reidy in that.
  • Options
    Zheng had a woeful match - way off the pace and chased shadows all over the place.

Sadly teams are starting to acknowledge that it they nullify Andy Reid we have no other flair players - this is where Zheng, Sam, Thomas or whoever it may be need to step up
  • Options
    Zheng had a poor second half but so did Reid - think they were trying too hard to force the issue.
    The midfield's not really the problem - Reid, ZZ and Semodo are better than any midfields we will come up against.
    It's the centre-backs and the centre-forwards who are the problems.
    McLeod's 'performance' confirmed the fears my trip to Kenilworth Rd last month had raised - simply not good enough for a top of the Championship side.
    Still can't work out why we passed on Eastwood, then paid the same amount for him...
  • Options
    ZZ had a real shocker last night, Reid wasn't much better.

Anyone know why Racon wasn't even on the bench last night?
  • Options
    Im still yet to work out what Zheng does for the team. Ok so he occasionally gets into nice positions but the game passes him by. He seems to have a bad first touch, poor passing , is small, doesnt tackle and is the last thing a championship centre midfield needs. I've been to every home game this season in the league and I still dont think he'd impressed (bar perhaps the second half against a poor sheff wed team.)

I thought however that Reid was good tonight. Some of his passing was top draw. Maybe he did try to force the issue but when he's got forwards in front of him that dont make any decent runs who can blame him.

Final note. If you're going to play 3 strikers then play them up front. What's the point of playing a forward on the wing? Why not just play a bloody winger?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: blackheathaddick[/cite]Im still yet to work out what Zheng does for the team. Ok so he occasionally gets into nice positions but the game passes him by. He seems to have a bad first touch, poor passing , is small, doesnt tackle and is the last thing a championship centre midfield needs. I've been to every home game this season in the league and I still dont think he'd impressed (bar perhaps the second half against a poor sheff wed team.)

I thought however that Reid was good tonight. Some of his passing was top draw. Maybe he did try to force the issue but when he's got forwards in front of him that dont make any decent runs who can blame him.

Final note. If you're going to play 3 strikers then play them up front. What's the point of playing a forward on the wing? Why not just play a bloody winger?

hoorah, at last, another who fails to see the point of ZZ. I think the rest need to take their blinkers off.
  • Options
    What with all these players having shockers / nightmares / disgrace, i'm amazed we managed to lose by just the one goal.......... !!!
  • Options
    yeah and don't dare mention the F word (floundering)

;)
  • Options
    Must admit i was dissapointed in Andy reid he is a player i admire. But your back 4 were not the best and i know you have injuries.. sort that out and you could still win the CCC.
  • Options
    I love ZZ's workrate but I am still not entirely convinced by him

Think he needs a rest
  • Options
    Actually Id like to see ZZ given a run up front alongside Big Chris. Think Racon should have started in midfield and not Varney...surely we arent in the "I paid 2 Million for him, Id better play him" scenario? Anyways, its gonna come good...just wait and see.....My only real negatives are McClown and McDonkey....at least the latter hasnt been in the squad of late....think we should Farm McClown out to restore some much needed confidence...Still think we will improve ten fold and sooner or later we will give someone a real thumping.
  • Options
    all you ZZ doubters will be tracked down by triads. good luck with that
  • Options
    I know its all about opinions but I really dont see the abuse of Zheng.

Didnt have his greatest game last night but stinker?

Perlease
  • Options
    What does he do? Quite a lot in my opinion. Finds space, passes it well, puts his foot in, closes down.

He was poor last night, most likely his game worst of the season. maybe it was a carry over from the injury he got at Wolves.

No he didn't play well but no coincidence that the team didn't play well either IMHO
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    for what its worth.
    imo
    zz would be playing prem football if it weren't for the fact we are the only club to hold a work permit for him.
    without wanting to have a pop at semedo, (who i think is a good ball player), i don't think we are getting the best out of zz because from what i've seen, semedo is too lightweight for the hustle and bustle of this division. this, coupled with the playing of 2 wide men is exposing our 2 central midfielders and they are often getting outnumberred and/or outmuscled (which in turn exposes our centre halves).
    one option could be playing narrower with reid as part of a central midfield 3, with 1 wide man alternating wings
    how we get around it i don't know but hopefully pards does.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]all you ZZ doubters will be tracked down by triads. good luck with that

Note: I didn't want to say anything! I've received a few threatening emails already, but I want all members to know that I have not given up anyone's real identity. I'll try and protect you as long as I can, but let's face it they are triads and they have their ways.
  • Options
    If push comes to shove Lookout, then give Ooh Aah up first :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]for what its worth.
    imo
    zz would be playing prem football if it weren't for the fact we are the only club to hold a work permit for him.
    without wanting to have a pop at semedo, (who i think is a good ball player), i don't think we are getting the best out of zz because from what i've seen, semedo is too lightweight for the hustle and bustle of this division. this, coupled with the playing of 2 wide men is exposing our 2 central midfielders and they are often getting outnumberred and/or outmuscled (which in turn exposes our centre halves).
    one option could be playing narrower with reid as part of a central midfield 3, with 1 wide man alternating wings
    how we get around it i don't know but hopefully pards does.

Interesting points, PBS. Our erstwhile hero Mr Curbishley often favoured a midfield of one conventional winger out wide and 3 centre midfield. It certainly reinforced the centre mid and created opportunity for overlapping fullbacks.

We replaced Kinsella with $potty P*rk*r but after he went, who has replaced him?

Instead of signing a new enforcer, Mr Curbishley's answer was to overman the midfield to the detriment of forward options - a 'stop the other team playing' tactic of deadhand non-football. It was just about effective and it wasn't pretty.

Dowie/Reed/Pardew have all wanted to play 2 wingers and 2 centre mids. The player nearest to the ideal of midfield enforcer was possibly Faye - except he had no touch, no heart and no brain.

I find it hard to believe that such a glaring ommission of that type of player in the team can exist for such a long time.
    It is obvious, isn't it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]If push comes to shove Lookout, then give Ooh Aah up first :-)

i've never said a bad word about ZZ but i'll understand if billy smarts mob come looking for me after my comments on mcClown;-)
  • Options
    Billy Smarts lot won't mess about, they'll go straight for your juggler...
  • Options
    lol
    just seen the table we're 10 points from the top and 10 points from relegation not sure which way to look!!
  • Options
    I am a ZZ fan, despite an iffy performance today. I remember the second goal against Hull when his energy got him into the box and the skill to lay it of to Big Chris. I think he was roughed up against Wolves and maybe this was a carry over to this game.

The thing we have forgotten is that the games in this Division come thick and fast. All of a sudden we've only won one out of five over a pretty short period. I think that Reidy is knackered (no break because of the Internationals) and possibly carrying this ankle injury. My hope is that the relatively large squad we have will start to help us. To that end we must surely get Racon on the pitch because he may well give us something extra in midfield.
  • Options
    ZZ and Reid are not the problem - just why are we playing 3 strikers instead of managing / motivating Thomas - also something tells me that being second before the int'l break has made people complacent.

We are going to finish top 6 but don't know where yet - fancy Wembley though for the playoff final!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    [cite] CommentAuthorLoOkOuT[/cite]
    all you ZZ doubters will be tracked down by triads. good luck with that

Note: I didn't want to say anything! I've received a few threatening emails already, but I want all members to know that I have not given up anyone's real identity. I'll try and protect you as long as I can, but let's face it they are triads and they have their ways.

I had an altercation with a eastern looking man only last night who seemed to be trying to steal my bicycle until, I noticed the absence of his pinky finger at which point I decided to flee!
  • Options
    Anyone know why Racon isn't getting a game? Can't see any mention of an injury anywhere