Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zheng Zhi

13»

Comments

• Options
    How about trying to get him into the game a bit more, instead of playing second fiddle to our superstar Andy Reid!. Come on he's had a a couple of relatively quiet games but he rarely gives the ball away, and I would say he finds a Charlton player more consistently than anyone on the pitch. Looks to me like when he's in advanced positions always tries to play balls into feet into dangerous positions, haven't seen him lump one ball up to big Chris yet, can't say that for the other 9 players!
  • Options
    fcuk me if ZZ is one of our worse players then get ready for the Blue Square premier.He's different class compared to most of the tossers that wear the Charlton shirt.
  • Options
    northstandsteve you put that a lot better than I did....hear hear!
  • Options
    I actually think that ZZ would benefit from not having Reid in the side.

ZZ in the middle with Semedo, Sam and Thomas down the wings.
  • Options
    just my view,think he runs around aimless most of the time.
  • Options
    zz is not the problem with what i'm watching here... he's too good to be playing in this league.

So far second half;
    He's cleared from a good qpr chance and played a great defence splitting pass.
    He's got the ball into the strikers feet rather than hoof it up front a couple of times.
    Had a great run into the box in the 78th... won a corner.
    Great cross to two strikers in the box. they buggered it up...Mclown.

tidied up by trying to run out of danger by our boz a few times and getting fouled twice (should have been a yellow).

He's only misplaced twice this half under good pressure from qpr midfield.

He's not an enforcer as such and he's not a creative joy to watch but he is a great tidy passing midfielder who closes down too.

Plus he's got a billion people behind him. Even Stevie G only has about 67 million of us.

Can we put this zz thing to bed now. He's quality.
  • Options
    still got a knock from wolves as well i reckon

with nomarks like Fortune, Thomas, Ambrose in and around our squad why are people after ZZ who is neat and tidy and still a relatively consistent performer?
  • Options
    dont get me started on thomas!
  • Options
    Thats the joy of this board different opinions,I think Idol the Clown is crap others think he will come good I think ZZ is different gravy others think he is poor and I really really think all our centre halves apart from SODJE are poo.
  • Options
    I'm not going to post any more northstandsteve as all my opinions seem to be the same as yours..

Please will you post twice from now on in for me.....ta.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    so im not the only moaning basket.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    NSS - on the McLeod issue, i think he is very much in the darren bent mould (obviously not in terms of ability, but mindset)

At the moment, he looks like a waste of money and like he can't put a foot right, but the bottom line is you don't score goals at any level without having some sort of ability. Look at Dickson's seamless jump from Dulwich to League One, it's the same instinct at all levels. Izale has pace to burn and it looks as if it might take a while with him but he is a purely confidence player by the looks of things (just like bent was)

Even in his heyday at ipswich, bent would go through purple patches, score at around about a goal a game for 6-10 games then go on a scoreless streak for a while. look at him at spurs now, look at the pressure of the bad start and the 16mil pricetag, he's melting away and looking about 10% of the giant he was for us in the last two seasons.

Mcleod can be of use to us, he just needs that first goal and some motivation from Pards, the other coaches and the players themselves. Wouldn't kill us to support him either. I didn't really want him at the start of the season, i preferred eastwood by a mile but he's in a red shirt and apart from looking like a nervous wreck he's done absolutely nothing wrong.

EDIT - to show i'm proper sad i just looked at his MK Dons record... as little as two seasons ago, Mcleod went on runs of 7 and 9 games without a goal... he still scored 18 goals that season
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    ZZ is an excellent all round footballer, makes the hard stuff look easy, and the easy stuff you don't even notice.
  • Options
    ZZ is a good player who when on form looks well above this division, against Plymouth he was poor and 2nd hald against QPR all of them were. Bright spots to come out of that game were Basey's debut (solid and looks like he can deliver, pity we never have more than one player in the box!) and Sodje (far better than I thought he was).
  • Options
    ZZ has had a quiet last few games for him, but still far & away one of our better players.

Not sure who posted it earlier, but never really noticed Semedo much during games as he does a lot of the unappreciated donkey work, really noticed it when he went off at Half Time though Saturday.