Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zheng Zhi

Comments

• Options
    Chris/Bing...I cant understand why we havent given him (Racon) a run yet...perhaps start him and bring on Reid in the second half if he is tired/injured...we will have to learn to cope with out Reidy at some point as he wont go through the season uninjured.
  • Options
    Crikey ZZ has a poor game & the knives are straight out. For me has been one of our more consistent performers this season, but hey it's always the best way to get a player to be more productive on the pitch. Perhaps we should start booing his name when the teamsheet is read out to let him know how we feel. Words fail me on this thread.....
  • Options
    I know i critisice certain players but for me,ZZ has been my player of year so far.But as I have said before,everyone is entitled to their opinion
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Crikey ZZ has a poor game & the knives are straight out. For me has been one of our more consistent performers this season, but hey it's always the best way to get a player to be more productive on the pitch. Perhaps we should start booing his name when the teamsheet is read out to let him know how we feel. Words fail me on this thread.....

A bit OTT...

I agree, he has been good this season but the bottom line is that he had a poor game on Tuesday, possibly because he is carrying an injury from the wolves game. We (suposedly) have a big squad, why not give him a rest and see what Racon can do.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Crikey ZZ has a poor game & the knives are straight out. For me has been one of our more consistent performers this season, but hey it's always the best way to get a player to be more productive on the pitch. Perhaps we should start booing his name when the teamsheet is read out to let him know how we feel. Words fail me on this thread.....

I can see him becoming the new Kish.

An unfounded scapegoat when things go wrong.
  • Options
    He had an average game, but everytime I see him on the ball I can't believe we managed to get him, he's a cut above the rest in our squad and this league. Sort of agree about Semedo who I really like but not sure he's got the aggression to his game for his role. Would really like to see Racon get a game but not sure who you'd sacrifice, ZZ and Reid are our best players. He may have to wait for an injury.
  • Options

I know exactly what you mean, personally I think the bloke is class and certainly one of our better players...
  • Options
    He's a different class to Kish, Len.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nug[/cite]He had an average game, but everytime I see him on the ball I can't believe we managed to get him, he's a cut above the rest in our squad and this league. Sort of agree about Semedo who I really like but not sure he's got the aggression to his game for his role. Would really like to see Racon get a game but not sure who you'd sacrifice, ZZ and Reid are our best players. He may have to wait for an injury.

This is my point. Reid has played 4 games in the last 10 days possibly carrying an ankle injury. ZZ may be carrying a knock from the wolves game. Coincedence that neither really performed to their usual high standards against Plymouth?

Why not drop ZZ or Reid to the bench and see what the likes of Racon can do.

No-one should feel their place is guaranteed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]He's a different class to Kish, Len.

I wouldn't dispute that although they are different types of player. Semedo is a more appropiate comparison with Kish in my view as players.

There is an element in the crowd though which is just as quick to have a go at ZZ as they were with Kish and that is the point I'm trying to make rather than comparing them like for like as players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i think zz sometimes looks bad because he's that much quicker and better at thinking than some of the others it looks like he's careless. similar to reid i think they see space and options and some of the others aren't experienced enough and with enough skill yet to anticipate the great balls.
    I think zz was unlucky on tuesday rather than rubbish. you can tell from the way reid plays that he's cleverer than our other players, the way he gets frustrated when his good balls go to waste, he's the first to scream when things don't go the way they're meant to. I suggest dropping semedo, playing thomas and with zz and reid in midfield complementing each other, i think we'll have the strongest midfield in the league.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]i think zz sometimes looks bad because he's that much quicker and better at thinking than some of the others it looks like he's careless. similar to reid i think they see space and options and some of the others aren't experienced enough and with enough skill yet to anticipate the great balls.
    I think zz was unlucky on tuesday rather than rubbish. you can tell from the way reid plays that he's cleverer than our other players, the way he gets frustrated when his good balls go to waste, he's the first to scream when things don't go the way they're meant to. I suggest dropping semedo, playing thomas and with zz and reid in midfield complementing each other, i think we'll have the strongest midfield in the league.

Not convinced that a midfield of Sam, Reid, ZZ and Thomas would have the backbone needed. I suspect it would get pissed all over to be honest.
  • Options
    i reckon in the last couple of games, although thomas' end product isn't up to much, he and reid work well off each othe and I do think with more time (not just 5 mins at the end of the game when we're 2-0) i reckon they could master it. I'm not convinced that Ambrose is the answer, in fact, i think he's shocking. I reckon if reid is pushed out to the left, then the visiting teams think "nice one, he's their biggest threat and they've pushed him out to the side so we can keep him quiet" that is apparently what happened at wolves (can't say i wasn't there) other clubs would fear him in the middle of midfield.
  • Options
    If you have little faith in the players at the back being able to do their job, confidence ebbs away from the rest of the team and with it comes more and more mistakes. Sort out our defence and the rest can get on with their games far better.

You cannot go a whole season with a weak defence and expect to stroll it.
  • Options
    I dunno what Semedo has done wrong recently, think the bloke is doing a really good job and has got the pace of the Championship now.

Wouldn't mind seeing Racon, bit it's all an overreaction to one or two suspect performances.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]i reckon in the last couple of games, although thomas' end product isn't up to much, he and reid work well off each othe and I do think with more time (not just 5 mins at the end of the game when we're 2-0) i reckon they could master it. I'm not convinced that Ambrose is the answer, in fact, i think he's shocking. I reckon if reid is pushed out to the left, then the visiting teams think "nice one, he's their biggest threat and they've pushed him out to the side so we can keep him quiet" that is apparently what happened at wolves (can't say i wasn't there) other clubs would fear him in the middle of midfield.

I'm kind of in the middle of you and Barn Door which is why I think 4-5-1 could be the way to go.

If you pack the bench with strikers (injuries permitting obviously) you can revert to 4-4-2 later in the game if necessary.

Weaver

Moo2
    Fortune
    Sodje
    Mills

Sam
    ZZ
    Semedo
    Reid
    Thomas

Iwelumo

Subs:

Randolph
    Bougherra
    Racon
    Ambrose (if fit otherwise McLeod)
    Varney
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]i reckon in the last couple of games, although thomas' end product isn't up to much, he and reid work well off each othe and I do think with more time (not just 5 mins at the end of the game when we're 2-0) i reckon they could master it. I'm not convinced that Ambrose is the answer, in fact, i think he's shocking. I reckon if reid is pushed out to the left, then the visiting teams think "nice one, he's their biggest threat and they've pushed him out to the side so we can keep him quiet" that is apparently what happened at wolves (can't say i wasn't there) other clubs would fear him in the middle of midfield.

I agree that Reid should go into the centre and play Thomas on the left. Just think that without Semedo holding it all together, it will just put more pressure on an already creaky defence.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

I'm kind of in the middle of you and Barn Door which is why I think 4-5-1 could be the way to go.

If you pack the bench with strikers (injuries permitting obviously) you can revert to 4-4-2 later in the game if necessary.

I'd have no problem with that Len. We aren't blessed with the sort of fire power up front that the likes of Watford have, however we do have plenty of goal scorers in the middle.
  • Options
    Put Semedo at left back and Mills in the middle with Sodje?
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    the only reason i say i'd prefer zz to semedo is because i think he's more confident than semedo. that said, if you could play all 3 of them in the middle we'd have it sorted, but then doesn't that mean one of them bringing up the rear (oo-er) and then being pretty pointless? not sure. I do agree that we need at least 1 centre back that has confidence. fortune was great when he was next to rufus, he feeds off his partner, so get someone strong next to him and he'll be fine. I reckon moo2 was shaky but first game back, he was great before he got injured, he'll be better on saturday i'm almost certain of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]the only reason i say i'd prefer zz to semedo is because i think he's more confident than semedo. that said, if you could play all 3 of them in the middle we'd have it sorted, but then doesn't that mean one of them bringing up the rear (oo-er) and then being pretty pointless? not sure. I do agree that we need at least 1 centre back that has confidence. fortune was great when he was next to rufus, he feeds off his partner, so get someone strong next to him and he'll be fine. I reckon moo2 was shaky but first game back, he was great before he got injured, he'll be better on saturday i'm almost certain of it.

Semedo is naturally more defensive so he can bring up the rear!
  • Options
    I think you gotta give Sodje a chance at the back he can't be worse than Boughera can he? It also looked to me that when Sodje came on tue eve Fortune was getting a shouting at when imo it should have been Bougherra.
  • Options
    Back to ZZ. My view is that he undoubtedly has the ability, but he seems to be much more involved when we're on top/ winning. Once we're behind he goes AWOL - I'd like to see him come to the fore in these circumstances a lot more, especially as he has the energy and the talent to turn a game if he puts his mind to it.
  • Options
    I swear I must be watching a different player to you lot! Best player this year? You have to be joking! Another invisible performance today. I just dont think we can afford to carry a player like him in the championship. I spent the game today watching to see what he does that other people see. I still dont get it!
  • Options
    ZZ has been drifting in and out of games for a while now.

If people can't see that taking Semedo off yesterday cost us the game, we might as well pack up now.
  • Options
    ZZ a shot in the first half that was saved and that was it. Taking Samedo off at half time was a big mistake. Reid and Semedo in the middle, Sam and Thomas out wide is our best midfield. I really don't see what ZZ is offering at the moment.
  • Options
    CommentAuthorLargeAddick CommentTime18 hours ago permalinkquoteblock userblock comment
    ZZ a shot in the first half that was saved and that was it. Taking Samedo off at half time was a big mistake. Reid and Semedo in the middle, Sam and Thomas out wide is our best midfield. I really don't see what ZZ is offering at the moment.

Spot on.
  • Options
    lets be honest zz a bit crap really,never looks like scoring and loses the ball all the time.
  • Options
    Having just watched the first half of the qpr game (yep i'm at home).... he's lost the ball just once, in front of goal as he was about to shoot, and all his passes have hit a charlton player.... not bad and not great so far.

I'm neither a fan or a doubter of him, but i'll tell you how he does 2nd half.
  • Options
    ok