Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scotland...

Comments

• Options
    can't bring myself to 'hate' them though. Its a big brother / little brother spat based on little other than a bit of jealousy, that's all.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    i can't hate them but can lmfao at the gobby muppets taking the pee out of england when their own pub /national side were so near yet so far from qualifying.....
  • Options
    i do all home nations

and because some of them dont so what
  • Options
    Could not have happened to a nicer bunch! Anyone who has been to an Eng v Scot game could not possibly have wanted them to go through could they?? They hate us and support everyone we play against! They would have loved it if we had not qualified! Got utmost respect for what their team achieved though! England could lear a lot on that front!
  • Options
    If I've said this once, I've said it a thousand times;

Not all Scots hate the English..
  • Options
    Just seen this thread. I was cheering Scotland on and would have done so again in the competition if they'd have got through. nothing scottish about me.

some people have a lot of hate in them.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    any scots men or women i have met have always been ful of anti english bile and that includes rangers supporters... so i could never bring myself to support them... seemed to be a lot of scotland supporters in oneils on saturday. left before the final whistle... sadly.
  • Options
    I sat in front of my telly, can of tartan in my hand, tam o' shanter on my head and a sgian dubh down my sock.

'Come on the sweaties - you can do it' I thought to myself. The build up has been great, the atmosphere fantastic, the Italians won't like the cold and rain, your form has been great, the whole country is behind you, one last push......

Then I pissed myself laughing when Toni scored.

Forza Viola!
  • Options
    Fair play to the Scots crowd though.

Could you ever see the entire Wembley crowd standing for 90 minutes and getting behind the team.

Same goes for our awful media, two faced ***** that write in the tabloids.
  • Options
    And can we get a great big bearded drunk to sing the anthem as well !! great stuff
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the first song the jocks sang as the game started was 'cheer up steve maclaren' ...didn't last too long cos the italians soon had the ball in the back of their net...hahahahaha
  • Options
    Very much like Addickted I sat in front of my telly watching the build up thinking, with all this hype you could actually do it boys go on, give it a go. Then within 75 odd seconds when Toni scored I pissed myself laughing enjoying every minute of it! Alex McCleish's face was an absolute picture..."Shit!" Written all over it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]the first song the jocks sang as the game started was 'cheer up steve maclaren' ...didn't last too long cos the italians soon had the ball in the back of their net...hahahahaha

hahahahah

eddie youds was in oneils on sat but i left before the end so didnt see if he was laughing... and wasnt nearby for the scottish goal.
  • Options
    when that fat fella started singing, he did a big "come on" as he was singing.

what do the scots shout during flower of scotland! it gave me goosebumps with them all singing it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    what do the scots shout during flower of scotland!.

if you mean after 'and stood against him' then i think its 'against who?'

though to me it just sounds like 'maggie' !!
  • Options
    we see the Scots "hatred" of us as Palace see our "hatred" of them.

FACT ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    what do the scots shout during flower of scotland!.

if you mean after 'and stood against him' then i think its 'against who?'

though to me it just sounds like 'maggie' !!

could be 'haggis?'
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Organiser[/cite]Could not have happened to a nicer bunch! Anyone who has been to an Eng v Scot game could not possibly have wanted them to go through could they?? They hate us and support everyone we play against! They would have loved it if we had not qualified! Got utmost respect for what their team achieved though! England could lear a lot on that front!

Gotta say the one & only proper schuing I ever got was from a load of Scot's at an England v Scotland game at Wembley as I celebrated an England Goal at the tunnel end which was supposed to be the home part of the ground.
  • Options
    My old man is Scottish and thus would support the aliens against England if we ever found aliens that played football. He has an irrational bias against England in sport, it's just the way he's been brought up. I don't ever watch any games including tiddlywinks with him now because of it.

However he does not hate England - he has an English family and has now lived in England longer than Scotland and he is Charlton.

It's a sport thing, weird I suppose, I'm sure most of you on here have at least one country you would never support in sport - I do and that is the USA/Australia/France/Germany/Argentina/anyone who is not England/etc/etc so there you go.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Fair play to the Scots crowd though.

Could you ever see the entire Wembley crowd standing for 90 minutes and getting behind the team.

Same goes for our awful media, two faced ***** that write in the tabloids.

didn't look so great deep into injury time with loads of empty seats , far be it for them to clap the team off for their fantastic efforts throughout the campain
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Disgusts me to see any Englishmen saying they 'hate' the Scottish and vice versa, it's just not on. A bit of light-hearted sporting rivalry? That's fine, all a bit of fun and games at the end of the day, but some of the venom i hear being thrown back and forth is just plain unnecessary.
  • Options
    "Disgusts me to see any Englishmen saying they 'hate' the Scottish and vice versa, it's just not on. A bit of light-hearted sporting rivalry? That's fine, all a bit of fun and games at the end of the day, but some of the venom i hear being thrown back and forth is just plain unnecessary."

Too true. Given a choice I'd have wanted them to qualify.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I feel more ambivalent to the Scots each tournament they fail at, either to qualify for, or progress in. Back in the days of Ally's Tartan Army, I was very much into supporting them. Since then they have made it increasingly difficult to back them because of the openly anti-England stance that even many leading politicians espouse. A large chunk of it is just a football rivalry/wind up thing and I can cope with that provided it's not too hostile but it seems to now to be bound up in a kind of collective chip on shoulder attitude.

A Scot phoned in to Talk Sh*t on Saturday evening bemoaning how hard it was to take when they were so unlucky and England are so lucky. Nothing like a fan to be blind to the truth. I fully understand the view but it was the whining way he presented his woes which annoyed me.

If Scotland qualify at the same time as England, I would be inclined to support them in the tournament. If on the other hand Scotland qualify and England don't, I will probably not support them as I don't think I can stomach the constant measuring by them of their achievemnets against England's failures.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BrightonAddick[/cite]Disgusts me to see any Englishmen saying they 'hate' the Scottish and vice versa, it's just not on. A bit of light-hearted sporting rivalry? That's fine, all a bit of fun and games at the end of the day, but some of the venom i hear being thrown back and forth is just plain unnecessary.

oh behave yourself... what venom? We're having light hearted banter and having a bloody good laugh at their expense just like they could be doing tomorrow night with regards to our footballing fate.
  • Options
    I have noticed more than one Scot ring up Talksh*te & actually claim that they do not hate the English persay it's the English Media they despise, not sure how much truth there is in that, but I would agree that our Press over-hype what is at the end of the day a very average English National side.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I have noticed more than one Scot ring up Talksh*te & actually claim that they do not hate the English persay it's the English Media they despise, not sure how much truth there is in that, but I would agree that our Press over-hype what is at the end of the day a very average English National side.
    They are too extreme the press, we are either the best team in the world or worse than the Mali national team. There is no middle ground - which we are. An goodish national side, which is proven over the past 20 years results.
  • Options
    Exactly right WSS.

Will be interesting to see the tabloid press on Thurday after we have won the group. No wonder everyone hates the England team when you have idiots like Steven Howard in the Sun writing total rubbish.

Get behind Mclaren, get behind the team and you never know we might actually do something.
  • Options
    What, something written in the Sun was total rubbish?

Have you only just twigged?
    ;o)
  • Options
    I didn't really care one way or the other but had a little chuckle to myself when I heard they'd screwed it up in the 90th minute!
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited November 2007
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]I didn't really care one way or the other but had a little chuckle to myself when I heard they'd screwed it up in the 90th minute!

spot on man, thats similar to what i wanted to say. lol @ scots!!