Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It pains me to say it but, as a bunch of fans, we are

13»

Comments

• Options
    I think I am glad that I probably do not qualify as a 'Real fan'.

But if its ok with everybody else I will just content myself as a fan of a football club that I have supported since my Dad took me as a 10 year old some 40 years ago whether that be good or bad times and always will.
  • Options
    I think 1000 sold already is pretty good and expect the other 500 to sell before the day. I am going BUT only because I am in Norfolk for christmas anyway.
  • Options
    Ordered my two tickets today by phone.
  • Options
    This thread belongs on a spuds forum.............
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Red Wine not at room temperature.

dude red wine should be at room temp tho!!

Seriously tho great post mate

Im sorry i've re-read this a couple of times and just have to say. MCS i think the point Dan was making was that golf would probably be rude and moaning that his red wine was not at room temperature....
  • Options
    As a non driver who does not live near one of the coach routes then not possible to get to Norwich, there are no trains. Will be at West Brom though.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]

" boxing day is a family day "............ bollox.

Every day should be a family day and using that is a poor excuse, or are we saying that the majority of fans never see there loved ones except for 2 days a year. if so, shame on you all.

I am sorry Golf but as Suzi says, we all have different priorties. I have recently sold up my business so that I can devote my immediate future to helping my wife look after my son who has some serious behavioural/learning disabilities. Everyday without fail is a family day; he needs constant vigilant supervision to keep him safe and others safe around him. I still think that Christmas Day and Boxing Day are family days and have not been to a Boxing Day game for many years now. This year, as it happens, the game is just down the road from me and I can take my son which will give my wife a breather. My son likes it and it's good therapy for him, (well it is when they don't lose!!).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]

" boxing day is a family day "............ bollox.

Every day should be a family day and using that is a poor excuse, or are we saying that the majority of fans never see there loved ones except for 2 days a year. if so, shame on you all.

I am sorry Golf but as Suzi says, we all have different priorties. I have recently sold up my business so that I can devote my immediate future to helping my wife look after my son who has some serious behavioural/learning disabilities. Everyday without fail is a family day; he needs constant vigilant supervision to keep him safe and others safe around him. I still think that Christmas Day and Boxing Day are family days and have not been to a Boxing Day game for many years now. This year, as it happens, the game is just down the road from me and I can take my son which will give my wife a breather. My son likes it and it's good therapy for him, (well it is when they don't lose!!).

Dont expect Golfie to understand mate. The guy is an utter fool

PS Hope you have a good Xmas with him
  • Options
    As one of Golfy and Large's relatives (who incidentally go to the match with them except for those who got away (lol) to Australia) I'd just like to say that the person who said that Red Wine has to be stored at room temperature has just made the most ridiculous post on here ever. Anyone who lives in France (and therefore doesn't get to see their family very often) knows that Red Wine has to be cooled to 13 degrees (quite sure, but I'm not French).
    Confused? So they are.
    Nonsense.
  • Options
    to be frank I'd like to put this thread to bed. However, unlike Golfie, I would never suggest that anyone who doesn't go to certain games isn't a real fan. Supporting your team takes many shapes and forms and there isn't a right or wrong way to support your team. If someone is a Charlton fan then that is good enough for me. I was just generalising that our away support is poor. Some seem to have taken this thread in the wrong way. I must say though that if I was fortunate enough to be in Golfie's position there is absolutely NO WAY I'd be going to Narwich away on a Boxing Day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]As one of Golfy and Large's relatives (who incidentally go to the match with them except for those who got away (lol) to Australia) I'd just like to say that the person who said that Red Wine has to be stored at room temperature has just made the most ridiculous post on here ever. Anyone who lives in France (and therefore doesn't get to see their family very often) knows that Red Wine has to be cooled to 13 degrees (quite sure, but I'm not French).
    Confused? So they are.
    Nonsense.

I thought that red wine shouldn't be chilled and should be opened about thirty minutes prior to pouring to let it breath. White wines, and especailly a decent Australian Chardonnay like Wolf Blass, should definately be chilled for as long as possible.
  • Options
    Well im at work earning shit loads of money and having 3 kids and it being X mas in 10 days

I know what comes first
  • Options
    Good on you, mate - earning shit loads of money and looking after your family.
    That's what family people try to do.

PS: Is that why you're called Leftbehind....?

;o)