Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Borat Movie

JAGSHEMASH!!

Saw it tonight and one of the most outrageous, funniest films I've seen in a long long time. Had me chuckling from start to finish, nearly even wet myself at one point. One scene in a hotel bedroom (I wont spoil it for yous) had me crying of laughter and laughing so hard I could barely breathe.

Recommend to absolutely everyone, f'kin brilliant it was.

Comments

• Options
    What a grouch....;-)
  • Options
    Seeing you've requested it, I'll have a word with him and we'll make sure you get the full script....

I've also written it into my wedding speech, especially for you
  • Options
    [cite] Medders:[/cite]Seeing you've requested it, I'll have a word with him and we'll make sure you get the full script....

no one will be at your wedding if you don't get me a list and allow me to send your invites out!!!!
  • Options
    [cite] suzisausage:[/cite]
    [cite] Medders:[/cite]Seeing you've requested it, I'll have a word with him and we'll make sure you get the full script....

no one will be at your wedding if you don't get me a list and allow me to send your invites out!!!!

It's nearly done! Blame the Mrs....
  • Options
    Dont worry Suze, its not said once in the film. You may be hearing some other classic but slightly racist lines for the next few months though.
  • Options
    Is it suitable for kids the film
  • Options
    [cite] Arfur:[/cite]Is it suitable for kids the film

Just seen a flyer for the movie that said "I want to do a romance inside of you", so take your answer from that Arf..... ;-)
  • Options
    [cite] Arfur:[/cite]Is it suitable for kids the film

Definately definately not.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Going to see it tonight... can't wait!

Woowahweewah!!
  • Options
    oh nooooo does that mean we've got another 6 months of you and porkpie saying "my wife, she died in a field, but it is ok, i have a new wife now" over and over and over and over again?

i must say that is one of the most annoying sentences i have heard repeatedly ever. fact. if porkpie is going chesterfield and has seen the film, i'll be avoiding him....!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Arfur - saw it last night and, as Polo said, definitely NOT for kids!!!!

Great film though.... im still hurting from laughing so hard.

And yes, the bedroom scene is very 'interesting' !!!
  • Options
    Saw it last Friday and thought it was hilarious 
  • Options
    Are people downloading this or watching it at the cinema 
  • Options
    Are people downloading this or watching it at the cinema 
    On Amazon.
  • Options
    Thought he might have toned it down a bit, given the snowflake culture nowadays... Went the other way and dialled it up. Did feel a little bit like he.was trying too hard to be offensive in parts, but on the whole it was absolutely brilliant... Sacha is a genius. The bit where he walks into the synagogue "dressed like typical jew" had me in stitches 😂😂😂
  • Options
    I thought it was bad, wasn't funny at all. Shame really cause the first one was good.
  • Options
    very good in parts, Americans really are mental.

the Dad/daughter dance scene was hilarious 
  • Options
    Thought it was good (some parts very good).

More staged and less funny than the first film.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Thought it was good (some parts very good).

More staged and less funny than the first film.
    I totally agree with the second point. There definitely appeared to be more staged elements than the original. 

This is likely due to the fact that it was filmed during a pandemic- but I thought that it suffered overall as a result. 

It was nowhere near as effective or funny as the original in my opinion. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought it was alright. Started well but found myself getting a bit bored towards the end. If I hadn’t known the rudy giuliani bit was coming I’d have zoned out. 

Original was brilliant and this was never going to match it imo 
  • Options
    I thought it was bad, wasn't funny at all. Shame really cause the first one was good.
    Agree - found very little to laugh at. Far too predictable.

Loved the first film.
  • Options
    I had low expectations of it due to reading negative reviews and comments.

Might have lowered expectation levels and made me think it's better then what it is.
  • Options
    I thought it was decent, sequels are rarely better than the original. 

I actually think the Dictator, Bruno and the original Borat were far better, didn't stop me genuinely laughing out loud at a couple of scenes. 
  • Options
    Enjoyed it but found it a bit predictable and tired.   The star of the show was the actress who played his daughter.  She is an absolute sort in real life.

Perhaps the sad thing is that the shock factor has eroded since the first film in that these days the redneck world view and appalling outlook of the politicians and targets is very much the norm now and we're no longer shocked by it.  Sad indictment of where we are in a way in that sense.

Think Cohen was an utter twat for the bit with the elderly holocaust survivor in the synagogue as subsequently read she thought it was for a serious documentary and her family are now suing him as she died recently. 

Big fan of Cohen and think he is a very versatile actor beyond his hilarious range of comedy characters and his performance in The Spy was brilliant.
  • Options
    Thought it was strangely wholesome. The first movie showed the hideous underbelly that has now boiled to the surface with trump etc. But I feel like this one showed a bit more of a hopeful future. The QANON guys seemed like good people but had been easily led and manipulated by online media. Their smile when borat went up and started singing the song they wrote was weirdly wholesome, they even defended women’s rights.

the babysitter was brilliant, as was the old Jewish lady. For me it showed that there is hope and that generally the majority of people can be kind. The ending also had a much more positive ending. 

Less funny, but a lot more heart to it than the first. 

• Options
    Enjoyed it but found it a bit predictable and tired.   The star of the show was the actress who played his daughter.  She is an absolute sort in real life.

Perhaps the sad thing is that the shock factor has eroded since the first film in that these days the redneck world view and appalling outlook of the politicians and targets is very much the norm now and we're no longer shocked by it.  Sad indictment of where we are in a way in that sense.

Think Cohen was an utter twat for the bit with the elderly holocaust survivor in the synagogue as subsequently read she thought it was for a serious documentary and her family are now suing him as she died recently. 

Big fan of Cohen and think he is a very versatile actor beyond his hilarious range of comedy characters and his performance in The Spy was brilliant.
    That case got chucked out of court. He ended up telling the women after they finished filming that he was an actor (he never does that) and that he felt horribly guilty about it. The family found out she was in the new borat movie (with zero context) and tried to get her appearance cut from the movie, when she was one of the shining lights of hope in it. 
  • Options
    Cool cheers for the clarification @kentaddick

Cohen comes across as a decent bloke so found it odd that he would uneccessarily dupe someone like her for a cheap laugh. 
  • Options

Check out The Trial of the Chicago 7,hes great in that yoo