Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew Quote about "us"

WSSWSS
edited January 2008 in General Charlton
"It's a club that is quite friendly to their returning players, which is quite irritating for me".

Ok then Pards...

"You're a c*nt"

Comments

• Options
    Very good WSS LOL
  • Options
    he's got a point though.

parker and murphy apart
  • Options
    lol he has a point though. We dont make enough who ha when the officials get it wrong aswell.
  • Options
    He obviously has forgotten the abuse we gave Pitcher!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]He obviously has forgotten the abuse we gave Pitcher!
    Or Carlton Cole, or Defoe
  • Options
    The Lino infront of the East stand was rubbish absolute rubbish

squeezed into his kit couldnt keep up with play and couldnt see anything other than white throw ins ,
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]He obviously has forgotten the abuse we gave Pitcher!
    Or Carlton Cole, or Defoe

Or even Mills when he returned with Leeds and Bowyer when he came back with Wet Sham in his short loan of a few years ago.
  • Options
    'The Lino infront of the East stand was rubbish absolute rubbish

squeezed into his kit couldnt keep up with play and couldnt see anything other than white throw ins , '

Agreed managed to get the 2nd half decisions right when we were attacking his end. There goal was offside. He was not up with play.
  • Options
    Very much against Pardew on this.

Strange, he used to love tradition etc when he was at the 'acadamy of football'.....

There was also another dig about 'this is the style of football our supporters want to see. It was a shame there wasn't more of them here to see it'.
  • Options
    I don't think he directed it at the fans who attended the game west side ;-)

Fair comment you ask me, it would get under my skin if cheering old players and booing the current ones were higher on the 'fans' agenda than supporting the ones currently wearing our shirt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We can't win, everytime Defoe comes back and we boo him he scores, when Parker came back and we booed him and he scored a 30 yarder we cheer Lisbie and he still scores! Perhaps we should get on the players back and call them cr*p like everyone seems to with McLeod that seems to stop them scoring!
  • Options
    I think he talks to much sometimes. So less hot air please and more results!

Ta
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Very much against Pardew on this.

Strange, he used to love tradition etc when he was at the 'acadamy of football'.....

There was also another dig about 'this is the style of football our supporters want to see. It was a shame there wasn't more of them here to see it'.

He has a point though. There were not many of us there to see it!! And it was by far the best football played for many a year at home.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I don't think he directed it at the fans who attended the game west side ;-)
    No chance of me going there. I preferred being dragged around Bluewater with the missus so much more...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Very much against Pardew on this.

He has a point though. There were not many of us there to see it!! And it was by far the best football played for many a year at home.

Agree Carter - For the first time in ages we walked out of the ground feeling like we had just watched a team that gave a sh1t.

We played great football from start to finish and I only hope that Pards may play the same starting 11 against Blackpool on Sat. (It may or may not work - but either way at least it's been tested)

:-)
  • Options
    Carter - those players have had plenty of chances to show people "what we can do" all season, you can't blame 10,000 people for not turning up after seeing some of those performances. I didnt go because i didnt want to spend £15 on a cup game. I'd much rather put the money towards an away league game.
  • Options
    edited January 2008

Lets get this into context a bit. I desperately wished there were more there on Saturday, and wsa disappointed with the turnout. Then i read that Waford - Palace only attracted 10k and Preston - Scunny less than 5k. Fulham had less than 7k home supporters yesterday.

Current supporter apathy doesn't appear resticted to just the Valley.

As for the 'best football in many a year', i think that is an exaggeration. It was an improved performance no doubt, but that was a very low base at home, and i came away thinking although we played alright, we missed a golden opportunity of going through against clearly an understrength and underpar West Brom team.
  • Options
    "Cant blame 10,000 people for not turning up"???????

What a load of old tosh.
  • Options
    Going back to Pardew's comment - he should remember that we PAY to watch the match and therefore we have the right to applaud whoever we want - I'm sure that giving the likes of Defoe the stick only makes them play better - so lets applaud them all (Pitcher excepted!)and maybe Mr Pardew can get on with the job of putting out a team that wins matches at home rather than looses or draws them.
  • Options
    Unless we played Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool, West Ham, Palace, Millwall, Chelsea or Spurs then the crowd was always going to be crap.

That's the way football is, not just at Charlton but all over the country.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2008
    Yep the small crowds were due to the apathy of the F.A Cup we all know the usual lot will win it. The big clubs are ruining football full stop. Shame the media dont realise it. I went on Sat because im charlton loyal i know that we havnt got a chance to win it. If you dont draw a big club you will get a small crowd. Credit to Eon for paying away fans travel thought they will probarbly get it back from electric and gas customers !!!!
  • Options
    Varney and McLeod have only had the WBA away game to show us what they can do together, Youga has been at Scunny, Mootookill has been injured or cleaning Mills' boots. Fair enough Weaver, ZZ, Holland and Ambrose have been in the side.

Fair enough it's 'only' a cup game but that HAS to be preferable to being led around Bluewater???? Unless you are turning to the dark side???

10,000 is a hell of a lot of people and I think a large chunk of them are the ones giving the team grief if were not destroying a team after 30 minutes as when we did not have the ball or when we lost it the crowd were a lot more patient than I can remember.
  • Options
    We played some good stuff but WBA let you play and weren't IMHO 100% at it.

We created plenty of chances which we didn't take. McLeod show well with his running, flick ons and link up with others but missed good chances. Youga looked good as did Moo2 but Moo2 got done for the cross and the WBA player was left in acres of space to score.

We played better against Ipswich and that was less then "ages" ago.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]"Cant blame 10,000 people for not turning up"???????

What a load of old tosh.
    No it's not. I was going to go to the game until i watched the Colchester game then i thought to myself i could do something more useful and less stressful with my Saturday afternoon. Plus i didnt want to pay £15 for the pleasure of doing it.

That being said, if i had a ticket well in advance i would have gone. Unfortunately, at the moment i am not enjoying watching Charlton but feel like i have to go. I ahdnt paid for this ticket so i decided against it.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Unless we played Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool, West Ham, Palace, Millwall, Chelsea or Spurs then the crowd was always going to be crap.

That's the way football is, not just at Charlton but all over the country.[/quote]

So how many other clubs had a gate nearly 50% below their average????? Only us and Sunderland by the looks of it.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]

As for the 'best football in many a year', i think that is an exaggeration. It was an improved performance no doubt, but that was a very low base at home, and i came away thinking although we played alright, we missed a golden opportunity of going through against clearly an understrength and underpar West Brom team.[/quote]

It feels like it! It has been almost a year since I came away having really enjoyed a game that much at home and we spanked West Ham 4-0 then.

I wouldn't of said they were under strength though. Gera, Miller, Bednar and Brunt all started, fair enough Phillips didn't play but I think that was nigh on their first choice XI
  • Options
    I think he is diplomatically saying why do we have morons boo current players then we give them a warm reception when they come back?

It is the first point that is frustrating, the morons who boo Lisbie, Kish, Ambrose etc. - and call for a striker to come on when the two on the pitch who have hardly had a chance all season are actually playing well.

It was a great cup tie and up there with Ipswich as the best game of the season, that £15 was much better value than my season ticket so far!
  • Options
    Sorry Henry I forgot Ipswich. I'm becomming too fickle!! ;-)
  • Options
    I was going to mention the Ipswich game, but Henry already has
  • Options

10,000 is a hell of a lot of people and I think a large chunk of them are the ones giving the team grief if were not destroying a team after 30 minutes as when we did not have the ball or when we lost it the crowd were a lot more patient than I can remember.

I would have said you were probably right but for the game on New years day, my view was that a lot of the negativity was coming from the left of me. Namely the central areas of the north upper, where I am led to believe our more passionate supporters are located.