Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew Quote about "us"

Comments

• Options
    cant be bothered to read all posts to see if it has been menitoned before but if Pards wanted more people there to see us play the 'football' we want to see then surely playing this style of 'football' at home a week previous against a team who is bottom with only 2 away wins all season would have ensured another few thousand would have been there to see it rather than the fans thinking 'I'm not forking out more money to watch that shit again'?
  • Options
    It's a bit of a chicken and egg scenario though isn't it. I went on Saturday for the first time this season, and I was entirely uninspired by the team or the football we were playing. I thought we lacked any real cutting edge and didn't look that dangerous for all the possession we had. I've read a few comments on here about how good the football was and how good we looked so maybe I'm not used to what the usual standard now is. I was half expecting to go on Saturday and be bitten by the bug again (having had a season ticket for 6 or so years I then chucked it in at the end of Curbs' last season) but far from it, I was glad that I don't have to make the long journey every week for that - all of which means that I'm not about to stand up and start shouting and singing and urging on the team.
  • Options
    you must rember pardew comes from the hate filled enviroment of selhurst park,ex players there dread the south london welcome they get from the docker type characters that await them in the sainsburys end.
  • Options
    I don't know if my memory has been severely damaged by years of abuse, but if I do indeed remember correctly, wasn't the atmosphere at the start of the Colchester game quite good? Before they put 2 past us...

To be honest our support is made up of humans, and we all have a right to feel nervous given our home form (and tactics). It's been a long, long time since we were consistently any good at the valley and that's always going to have repurcussions.
  • Options
    Didn't Sooper Al ask us to be nice to Fat Jimmy too?
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Decent beer not being 'the devil's beer' Budweiser

also I should add: at a reasonable price, i.e. not £3+ in a tiny bottle....

Over to you Henners

:)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]What Pards said and how it was said
    Unfortunately Rothko, this will appear more in words than soundbites and as media savvy as Alan is he should have realised this. Can you explain how what he said was meant to sound like?
  • Options
    It was said, very tongue in cheek and while he was laughing about it. He should have realised it might have been misquoted, but hey, it's something to moan about!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Decent beer not being 'the devil's beer' Budweiser

also I should add: at a reasonable price, i.e. not £3+ in a tiny bottle....

Over to you Henners

:)

What beer do you want? some real ale like Old Nipple Erector : - )

In all seriousness the choice of beer is limited to those provided by the brewery who have bought the pouring rights. I'm sure Bud is a very nice beer but I don't drink................................lager.

Not sure how £3 compares to pubs or clubs. One factor will be having a round number (not £2.85) to save time on giving change.

Still all valid points. Now we have bottled beers in we can argue about what beer and how much but we had to get it in first.

Ideas and polite suggestions to paul.ellison@cafc.co.uk

How about special labels with slogans and song lyrics to get the fans making some noise such as

"live love drink and be happy"

"If you want to drink another one like this why not pop down five minutes before half time and miss a Charlton goal"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the request was always for ale, ask Mr Simons as I bent his ear majorly on this all night at CA some years back. If I want to drink crap lager I would buy a pint of over price fosters. Still I guess it tackles the issue of queuing, but at that price and size, I refuse frankly as it is daylight robbery...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]the request was always for ale, ask Mr Simons as I bent his ear majorly on this all night at CA some years back. If I want to drink crap lager I would buy a pint of over price fosters. Still I guess it tackles the issue of queuing, but at that price and size, I refuse frankly as it is daylight robbery...

So I can give an example to the club is there anywhere that sells ale in plastic bottles? I know you can get Newcastle Brown in glass bottle and Scottish and Newcastle are our beer company but never seen or heard of plastic bottles.
  • Options
    I can't believe people are moaing about the beer that is served, now we really have hit rock bottom!
  • Options
    have been moaning about the beer yonks fella.

I believe someone has researched this, but not I.. so hands up to that one boss. I have had it elsewhere in the past though, can't recall where and when though.
  • Options
    Here's all the beer chat.

Anyway, keep things on topic perleeese
  • Options
    Lets be fair here, in the full article its not just about ex players. Its also about the general atmosphere which everyone has been moaning about for yonks so whats the problem ?
  • Options
    He has a point but when West Ham came last year ( the club that sacked him) when we scored he didnt show any emotion because "there were some people he loved." Well maybie we love players that come back to the valley e.g: Lisbie lol.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: chirpy red jnr[/cite]He has a point but when West Ham came last year ( the club that sacked him) when we scored he didnt show any emotion.
    Nice point, you make much more sense than your father!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: chirpy red jnr[/cite]He has a point but when West Ham came last year ( the club that sacked him) when we scored he didnt show any emotion.
    Nice point, you make much more sense than your father!

Not difficult but certainly true. Most likely doesn't go to Crown Woods either : - )
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Not difficult but certainly true. Most likely doesn't go to Crown Woods either : - )

No i don't! im at a grammar school. :- )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Glad I'm not the only one who can't cut & paste quotes within quotes.

And Chirpy goes to grammar school ........ ;o)
  • Options
    No need to cut and paste quotes, just press Quote and write below the code...
  • Options
    You've corrected Chirpy's quotes on his post for him, LoOky.

My problem (and Chirpy's) was, is when we are editing within the quote (like just one sentence instead of the whole post). I've spent ages sometimes editing & editing and still haven't got it right.

Then along comes LoOky - and, like magic, all instantly becomes perfect.;o)
    Thanks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]My problem (and Chirpy's) was, is when we areediting within the quote(like just one sentence instead of the whole post). I've spent ages sometimes editing & editing and still haven't got it right.

You know Oggy, you should be able to just highlight the original comment in a post and press quote, to have just that sentence or section quoted, as I've done here. Try that.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    By the way, if you do edit quote info in a post, you must have the correct syntax. Nearly every comment that has a quote gone wrong because there is an opening "quote" tags without a closing one. ie, you must always have [quote]...[/quote] and or [cite]... [/cite]

The "/" signifies the tag is closed. If you have two quote levels, you must have two closing tags. If one is left "open", you'll get the yellow all the way down the comment box. Capiche?

Sorry, it's never really been explained properly. Anyway, I'll be working on some user friendly documentation soon enough (soon as I can get the server running smoothly ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]My problem (and Chirpy's) was, is when we areediting within the quote(like just one sentence instead of the whole post). I've spent ages sometimes editing & editing and still haven't got it right.

You know Oggy, you should be able to just highlight the original comment in a post and press quote, to have just that sentence or section quoted, as I've done here. Try that.

Works with Firefox Lookie but not with Internet Explorer. (Same with the spell checker)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]You know Oggy, you should be able to just highlight the original comment in a post and press quote, to have just that sentence or section quoted, as I've done here. Try that.

There I've just done that in Firefox, my previous post was using IE.
  • Options
    Thought there may be an issue with IE. IE is the devil.
  • Options
    Thanks for your help, LoOky ( & Bing) - so if Firefox is the browser, all works well but IE causes the problems.

I always use my work laptop and it's only enabled with IE.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I didn't realise when I posted yesterday that Pardew also indirectly slagged off the Red, Red, Robin!!

http://www.addickted.net/newsitem.php?id=640

Pardew as a former player around at the time of our return to The Valley should realise just how sacred that song is to Charlton fans rather than just take the pi**. If he does not then he is even more of an ignorant, arrogant tw** than I took him for.

I have consistently supported him since his arrival and consistently stated that he is the best we can get in our price range. However he has got it badly wrong blaming the fans rather than his own inept tactics for the defeat against Colchester and draw against WBA.

It is things like Red, Red, Robin and applauding former players who gave their all that make Charlton the unique club it is and I for one am very proud of that.

Alan Curbishley, who despite being arguably our most successful manager given the environment within which he had to operate, was regarded by a vociferouus minority of fans with barely disguised contempt and not "one of us" NEVER disrespected the fans and their traditions to the best of my knowledge.

When you've given us a few years Premiership football Pardew then maybe you will have earned the right to question the fans and their traditions.

Until then shut it!