Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew Quote about "us"

124»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: chirpy red jnr[/cite]He has a point but when West Ham came last year ( the club that sacked him) when we scored he didnt show any emotion because "there were some people he loved." Well maybie we love players that come back to the valley e.g: Lisbie lol.

You are more sensible than your Old Man! :-)
  • Options
    I haven't listened to the interview, but isn't this being blown out of proportion as I heard that it was said tongue in cheek and whilst laughing? the quotes aren't in context.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I didn't realise when I posted yesterday that Pardew also indirectly slagged off the Red, Red, Robin!!

Mind you he's not the only one to dislike RRR. i sing it with great gusto before each match, but get a lot of strange looks and there have been numerous debates through the years about getting rid of it. At the moment it does nopt sit quite right, following on from the rousing music prior to the players entering the field of play, so I would not object to the order of the music being played, but would certainly object to it being dropped.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I didn't realise when I posted yesterday that Pardew also indirectly slagged off the Red, Red, Robin!!

Mind you he's not the only one to dislike RRR. i sing it with great gusto before each match, but get a lot of strange looks and there have been numerous debates through the years about getting rid of it. At the moment it does nopt sit quite right, following on from the rousing music prior to the players entering the field of play, so I would not object to the order of the music being played, but would certainly object to it being dropped.

A couple of guys behind me questioned why we play and sing RRR a while ago but they are new to The Valley and in one case new to football completely.

I explained how it had been the signature tune of the Club for generations and in particular how it symbolised the quest to return to The Valley from exile.

They seemed to accept and understand it after my explanation so perhaps it is a matter of education with some fans, particularly those attracted during the successful Curbishley Premiership years.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

I explained how it had been the signature tune of the Club for generations and in particular how it symbolised the quest to return to The Valley from exile.

They seemed to accept and understand it after my explanation so perhaps it is a matter of education with some fans, particularly those attracted during the successful Curbishley Premiership years.

We should have one of those banners at the back of Covered End with some lyrics from the Red, Red, Robin.
    "Live, love, laugh and be happy" maybe Grrrrrrrrrrrr : -(
  • Options
    When you've given us a few years Premiership football Pardew then maybe you will have earned the right to question the fans and their traditions.

hear, hear len
    yeah mr pardew has a lot of chat but unfortunately the results achieved so far haven't been up to what we'd have expected and anyway i'm gonna struggle to forgive him for scoring the goal that got palace to their only cup final but hey-ho onwards and upwards;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

We should have one of those banners at the back of Covered End with some lyrics from the Red, Red, Robin.
    "Live, love, laugh and be happy"maybe Grrrrrrrrrrrr : -(

Hippy