Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life's 2008 Demelza Appeal - Greenwich half-marathon run

Comments

• Options
    im demotivated too. not even started road running.. tho went to the gym first time last night in over a week... panic!
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I haven't started road running yet, but hope to in the next couple of weeks. got my half marathon walk this saturday night so will be able to excert myself a bit more on the road and the running machine.

ps> (http://www.justgiving.com/helen_and_suzanne)
  • Options
    I should be finishing the training programmes this week. A group training run is a great idea and would be useful to incorporate a few times during the run up to the event. It helps with the motivation as well as give people an idea of how they are progressing.
  • Options
    Some of you are proper lightweights, the Dog I run with is ill at the moment so I am having to run on my own which is far harder to pace I have to say. Managed six miles in 50 minutes last night with aching limbs from Sunday's football. Gonna try eight miles next week.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Some of you are proper lightweights, the Dog I run with is ill at the moment so I am having to run on my own which is far harder to pace I have to say. Managed six miles in 50 minutes last night with aching limbs from Sunday's football. Gonna try eight miles next week.

I`ve been accused of lots of things in my time Mr Ketman, but never a lightweight, I`m a stone heavier than my match weight last year which was 13st 6Ibs
    The dog I run with died 2 weeks ago and I still cant keep up with it : )
  • Options
    Any lifers considering doing this again this year? just got an invite to enter again they must be desperate for entrants if they want me back, but I need to shift a few pounds again so I'm thinking of doing it again.
  • Options
    only if they let me walk! Should do it in about four hours :)
  • Options
    Blimey TCE I've only just started walking again after the last one!
    I MIGHT be up for it but then I might be doing my hair that day.... both of them ;-)
    Yeah go on I need to lose a few pounds. :-)
  • Options
    i am still not sure, am doing a 10k or two later this year but i am still tempted by this again.
  • Options
    I'm in, I've just paid my cash so I'm committed. Good for you, Jon you know it makes sense!! Alex as far as walking is concerned we all did a bit of that, well except the speed merchants, WSS, GHE, Ketman and AFKA, you know the type all the one's that had a sub 12 hour time ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    im going to give this a swerve. I shudder every time i go past sections of that route.
  • Options
    I could be tempted again, really fancy doing a couple of 10 k's first this year but havent got around to arranging any
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]I could be tempted again, really fancy doing a couple of 10 k's first this year but havent got around to arranging any

I am going to do this one: Bluewater 10k

course is not too bad and the race is well organised.
  • Options
    Cheers Kigelia, i am going to sign up for this one then.

Any other takers?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]Cheers Kigelia, i am going to sign up for this one then.

Any other takers?

Not after the woeful training regime you set me last year!!
  • Options
    I'm happy to provide support/cheering again but only if it's not raining this year!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]Cheers Kigelia, i am going to sign up for this one then.

Any other takers?

Not after the woeful training regime you set me last year!!

Ha ha
    [cite]Posted By: Wilma[/cite]I'm happy to provide support/cheering again but only if it's not raining this year!!!

Lite weight!!!! ;o)
  • Options
    Just got home to find my confirmation email, just got to get a new pair of plimsols, lose 2 stone and thats me sorted, I'm running for Demelza House again so if there any lifers out there with a bit of spare cash I have set up one of those justgiving pages, I havent posted a link, one because I still dont know how too and two, because I didnt want upset anyone by assuming it was ok. but feel free to donate to a great cause, Thats Demelza House, not me.
  • Options
    I may come along and cheer again but count me out of the after-run drinking celebrations. i've only just recovered.
  • Options
    Not too sure if I will do it again. The route they chose was bloody awful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was going to go for it if there was going to be the same numbers but when i found out not many were doin it i decided against it. Am doing the Darent Valley 10k in April though!
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]Cheers Kigelia, i am going to sign up for this one then.

Any other takers?[/quote]

I've just been told 10k is not as far as a half marathon :-)
    So I might have a go, who else? but this time GHE as my pacemaker, the idea is I'm surposed to be able to keep up ;-)

I'm in now :-)
    http://www.justgiving.com/raybates3
    I'll never get the hang of this :-(
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Now confirmed entrants in the "Run To The Beat" half marathon in september are 3 Blokes and myself ( and no that does not make four of us), any lifers considering entering the run and doing so under the CharltonLife banner and with the "admins permission" (please), feel free to let us know how your training or lack of it is progressing, myself I also aim to try to complete the Bluewater 10k in june and and lose 2 stone (currently I'm 14st 7Ib) in the process :-( last years turn out from this board made it a great day for me personally being cheered and encouraged by Chalton fans along the route was a great help and the sense of achievement was overwhelming, and only beaten by the exhaustion felt while trying to sink a pint in the Anchor later that day. I have also set up a justgiving website in the hope of raising a couple of quid for Demelza House.
    cheers
    Ray
    Admin, Feel free to remove this post if I've trod on anyones toes.
  • Options
    i am doing this cant wait
  • Options
    I'm going to do it again this year. The organisation and the weather can only be better than last time.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]i am doing this cant wait
    [cite]Posted By: Cardinal Sin[/cite]I'm going to do it again this year. The organisation and the weather can only be better than last time.

Great stuff, Shall I add you Gents to the Justgiving page thats been set up or are you running for a different charity?
    Had my first run out this morning since rttb last year and completed 3 miles with surprisingly little problem I stopped at 3 miles although I felt I could have gone on I didnt want to injure myself, it has now proved to be the right decision as my legs are screaming at me;-(
  • Options
    My second sunday run after a week of resting! 4 and a bit miles including "Hillreach" in some 45 minutes, so I quitely surprised how easily I got started up again although the motivation to get off my ar5e and actually get out is ebbing away already :-(
    Once again I'm determined to do these two runs this year for Delmelza along with 3blokes, so a shameless plug for our justgiving website.

• Options
    good luck to you guys. I was out this morning. lovely sunny day and my son cycling alongside me. All is good.
  • Options
    going to do a couple of runs this week
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]i am doing this cant wait[/quote]

[quote][cite]Posted By: Cardinal Sin[/cite]I'm going to do it again this year. The organisation and the weather can only be better than last time.[/quote]

Great stuff, Shall I add you Gents to the Justgiving page thats been set up or are you running for a different charity?
    Had my first run out this morning since rttb last year and completed 3 miles with surprisingly little problem I stopped at 3 miles although I felt I could have gone on I didnt want to injure myself, it has now proved to be the right decision as my legs are screaming at me;-([/quote]

TCE - I'm ok with that. I drained my friends and family last year for cystic fibrosis, so happy to collect what I can for Demelza this year.