Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++++Scunthorpe vs Charlton- Official Thread++++++++

Comments

• Options
    The rugby is boring too Oireland beating Italy 16-11
  • Options
    pards will have words at half time so the commentator says
  • Options
    and a bit more from the Beeb:

Free kick crossed right-footed by Darren Ambrose (Charlton) from right channel, resulting in ball out of play. Goal kick taken long by Joe Murphy (Scunthorpe).

39:17 Booking Luke Varney (Charlton) booked for dissent.

39:17 Booking Foul by Andy Butler (Scunthorpe) on Zheng Zhi (Charlton). Andy Butler (Scunthorpe) booked for unsporting behaviour.

38:56
    Foul by Jack Cork (Scunthorpe) on Zheng Zhi (Charlton). Direct free kick taken right-footed by Matthew Holland (Charlton) from own half, resulting in open play.

38:40
    Foul by Lloyd Sam (Charlton) on Marcus Williams (Scunthorpe). Direct free kick taken left-footed by Joe Murphy (Scunthorpe) from own half, resulting in open play.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]pards will have words at half time so the commentator says

I should hope so - unless him and the players have learnt sign language overnight!
  • Options
    That beeb text commentary is so dull - doesn't even mentione Magic's handbag let alone the cold pies. You're much better at it, Ollie.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]That beeb text commentary is so dull - doesn't even mentione Magic's handbag let alone the cold pies.

lol
  • Options
    scunny on attack right at the death, as the half time whistle goes, 0-0
  • Options
    Meanwhile, the OS updater has woken up after a 10 minute knap:

40 minutes: Moments after Horsfield angily clashes with Bougherra, Andy Butler is booked for a foul on Zheng. Varney is also yellow carded on the advice of the assistant referee, presumably for something he said
  • Options
    Is it half-time yet?
  • Options
    Prem latest scores:
    :
    Birmingham 0-0 Derby (1500)
    Blackburn 0-0 Everton (1500)
    Portsmouth 0-0 Chelsea (1500)
    Reading 0-1 Bolton (1500)
    Tottenham 1-0 Man Utd (1500)
    Wigan 0-0 West Ham (1500)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]scunny on attack right at the death, as the half time whistle goes, 0-0

Whoops, sorry, posts crossed!
  • Options
    I'd forgotton about the Prem, now we're in the Chump.
  • Options
    as i said on the other thread, anyone need commentry add me to msn

stuartthegreat @ msn . com
  • Options
    scunny have had the better of the game
  • Options
    Managed to listen to the last 20 mins of the first half after moving my DAB radio round my flat in order to pick up Radio Kent.

From what I've heard, the best that can be said is that we're not losing.
    Sounds like it's been very scrappy and that we haven't been able to impose ourselves on the game. A lot of poor free kicks as well, by the sounds of it.

The commentators have accused Bougherra of taking a dive from an alleged Horsfield elbow, and it seems that it could all spill over again in the second half.

It's there to be won...
  • Options
    Here's our division HT:

Blackpool 1 - 0 Leicester HT
    Colchester 0 - 1 Sheff Utd HT
    Coventry 1 - 0 Barnsley HT
    Crystal Palace 0 - 0 Southampton HT
    Norwich 0 - 0 Preston HT
    Plymouth 0 - 1 Hull HT
    Sheff Wed 1 - 1 Ipswich HT
    Stoke 2 - 1 Cardiff R
    QPR 2 - 0 Bristol City HT
    West Brom 1 - 1 Burnley HT
  • Options
    Looking at the beeb commentary again, there were six fouls in a row in the six minutes up to half-time. Not sure there's much football being played.
  • Options
    Looks like Pards is about to fall out with his new friend, the Scunny manager - who he was bigging up after his good work with Jelly Youga.
  • Options
    All the first team eat oranges, pards goes even greyer, and weaver is eating reids half time (cold in the middle) pie!
  • Options
    I cant take anymore of this excitement so I've decided to hit the pub for a couple before heading to Heathrow for Sydney.......So I bid you farewell but will leave you with those immortal words by Reg Varney (or something like it) "Enjoy the Palarse match you tossers!"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2008
    According to the OS, Scunny have won 1 game out of last 18 & have not won ANY of their last 11 home games. With a run of form like that, am I alone in thinking that we are going to lose this game???
  • Options
    Jerome Thomas on for lloyd Sam
  • Options
    Teams that are desperate are often really difficult to play against - they are in your faces all the time and won't give you space & time to play.

They may not create very much themselves but they focus on stopping you playing - andhope to catch you on the break or from a set piece.
  • Options
    weaver having a bit of a mare kicking has been deano like
  • Options
    Gray scores, but disallowed for offside. 47 mins gone.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]Gray scores, but disallowed for offside. 47 mins gone.

A nearly goal .....? ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]weaver having a bit of a mare kicking has been deano like

I'm more worried about his catching - mind you, they haven't had a shot on target yet according to the beeb.
  • Options
    With Sam off, has Ambrose switched to the right, Thomas left or what?
  • Options
    Are we winning yet?

Why not?
  • Options
    Missing Reid runs for cover