Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool post match inquest

124»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Tel-in-Oz[/cite]Gray Missed the one on one mate......but I think the players should adhere to some sort of Code Dan, there were kids around me and calling a fan a C*** is a bit beyond mate. Nevermind...onwards as they say

Fans give it out, then they can expect it back.

fans give it out right and proper and as soon as it's given back to them from a player everyone screams foul play ... doesn't make it right to swear when kids are present but i doubt there were many fans at present to this game that didn't swear!!
  • Options
    general point on footballers giving it back, not on Varney as I obviously didn't see it - bit much to give it back if you are so obviously underperforming, do your reply with your boots not your gob
  • Options
    Im not getting £10,000 a week to be a good boy though ;-)
  • Options
    paddy shouted something to the south stand as he ran to get the ball from behind the goal right at the end when we had a corner.
  • Options
    I wondered why those two fans got thrown out before the game started. their reaction to Varney i suppose

if you heard him say it report him to the police. Get the idiot out of Charlton

and Weaver is one to talk three goals came from him parrying shots straight to the opposition instead of over or wide
  • Options
    Varney seems a top bloke and i think what he said was probably heat of the moment and extreme frustration. I'm not condoning the use of the word - especially in front of kids but i do understand it.

At least he is showing passion - just in the wrong way.
  • Options
    as you say WSS, from what I have heard/seen Luke would be pretty far down the list of our players who i'd imagine would be utter dickheads
  • Options
    The guy who kept the ball was a complete eejit - he had already thrown his jacket and hat away into the wind. He deserved to get shouted at (and chucked out), though Varney shouldn't have sworn like that. Agree Varney did show he cares.
  • Options
    As i said in an earlier post my eyes were opened wide to the attitude of our players after the colchester game and the incident with nth london jnr which unfortunatly involved some home grown talent,

must say in defense of Varney and Fortune (believe me i dont defend jon much) but i have found them both to be perfectly amiable after games and when we lost to Burnley forts actuall looked,spoke and cared like we had lost

but we do in principle support a bunch of over paid under performing bstds who dont care this season

for me i used to say i was drinking champagne with beer money after a blowout but that bunch are Premier money in a coca cola league

wankas the lot of them that acted like that and if anything pisses me off more than any result

as according to Pards in his appology to nth london Jnr he has in no uncertain terms informed the players of their duty to all fans regardless of the result.

Henners i seriously feel that somthing needs to be done it can not be acceptable that this is still happening,

Imo i think pards gives of that arogance but that is just him he has never when i have seen him after the corperate stuff ever walked away from fans nor not answered their questions (shite y am i still defending him)
  • Options
    Carlsberg and I will testify that Pards is a very amiable bloke who in fairness comes across as a bit smug at times but that is his demeanor not an attitude problem.

If the players however are behaving like what has been alleged then that is not on, I can't imagine Varney being malicous just severly frustrated which is understandable and heat of the moment.

After games though in environments like team hotels where fans are staying to behave in the way they have (allegedly).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the other hand the players do charity work, turn up at schools and attaend SC meetings, all apparently voluntarily.

After a bad and frustrating day at the office how do you feel? Like chatting and being sociable or just sodding off home? It seems that Varney let the frustration get the better of him with that incident, but I'd draw a positive from it - that it does indicate that he cared.