Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Its CHARLTON FFS !!!

13»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    because we had no money

We had no money while competing in what is reputed to be the wealthiest league in the world?
  • Options
    Curbishley was never offered the West Ham job. When he was with us.
  • Options
    It's alright saying we should have got the best available manager, but no one was available, people were offered it, and bottled the job as they didn't want to follow Curbs, and Dowie was available, had a good record with the scum, and could come in.

The problem for Dowie was the squad he was left by Curbs was poor (think Billy Davis also expressed concerns about this) and he brought poorly as well, to make the matter worse.
  • Options
    i think i may be wrong so open to be corrected

we were not a hugly wealthy club when we went in

we rebuilt a stadium and improved the training facilities

we built a team worth a few quid we didnt have much homegrown talent coming in

we are not that well supported and we kept our prices down

wages increased

we did ok out of it in those years and there is a question that could we have speculated more with money

the board always wanted us to stay the right side of the bank manager just incase it all went wrong

and it is only the same clubs who make the real money liverpool,man utd arsenal, chelsea the richest league in the world made us one of the top 20 clubs in the country not one of the top 20 poorest
  • Options
    'had a good record with the scum'

err one lucky run due to him having Andy Johnson in the side.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite] is about opinions and not who can shout or type the fastest thats why i like it on here cos we all can or could have grown up debate and arguments without resorting to threats and insults

Very well put North London.
  • Options
    Good post NLA but Curbs did not leave because of the moaners but because he had been with us for 15 long years and there was nothing left to achieve at the club, sometimes things just run their course and he knew that he had nothing left to offer and it was time for all parties to move on.
  • Options
    some great posts here nth lon addick, your on fire today
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]football is about opinions and not who can shout or type the fastest thats why i like it on here cos we all can or could have grown up debate and arguments without resorting to threats and insults

shut up you twonk.
  • Options
    lol curbit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    is this where i threaten to leave and never return
  • Options
    No, you now offer to meet me outside the North Upper at 2.50 on Saturday for handbags at 10 paces.

Luckily i will have dunk a bunk to the Canaries and will be laughing like a loony whilst sipping on my pina colada.
  • Options
    good cos the live love laugh and be happy is back

amazing what a couple of days reflecting can do
  • Options
    you've gone all gay
  • Options
    Well done NLA.I make you the winner on (points)..I must admit that some of these views above make me wonder if they really come from Charlton supporters...
  • Options
    cheers BR

and i will take what NSS as a compliment ;-)
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited February 2008
    FRUITCAKE

Thought this post needed a bit of colour